• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

stavross

I WANNA RAPE YOU WITH MY STICK
Years
  • HEARTGOLD IS BETTER
    but i bought soulsilver in japanese because i want to play heartgold in English:)

Years
  • Hmm... there are more people getting both than HeartGold on its own >_> I wonder what makes Lugia and silver so popular...
    Anyhow, I'm getting SoulSilver :P
    Oh and there were preorder bonuses in the form of figurines in Japan, weren't there? And the Lugia was made MUCH better than the Ho-oh.

Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2009
    Pokemon Heart Gold, cause I think that Ho-oh and Kyogre are better than Lugia and Groudon.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2009
    Hmm... there are more people getting both than HeartGold on its own >_> I wonder what makes Lugia and silver so popular...
    Anyhow, I'm getting SoulSilver :P
    Oh and there were preorder bonuses in the form of figurines in Japan, weren't there? And the Lugia was made MUCH better than the Ho-oh.

That's one reason I'm getting SS over HG :D

I always preferred Lugia over Ho-oh since the 2nd gen and I like Groudon over Kyogre so SS is basically the game for me.

Dragonmaster91

It's just common sense!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2010
    Soul Silver is the best, and I already have it. But, when they come out here in America, I'm gonna try to get both. Heart Gold will be a tweaking slave for me, and Soul Silver will be my main game, because Soul Silver = Way more epic win pokemon.

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
    Years
  • I'll probably be getting SoulSilver, simply because I never got the "second game" when they game out. For example, I got Red, Gold, Ruby, FireRed and Diamond, and never Blue, Silver, Sapphire and LeafGreen. Just for a change.

Last edited:

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • I'm getting HeartGold for Ho-oh. My brother's getting SoulSilver.
    Regardless of the game you choose, you'll still have the opportunity to capture both game mascots, meaning even though you're getting HeartGold for Ho-Oh, you too will be able to capture Lugia like your brother. I'm purchasing SoulSilver though, while my sister is getting HeartGold. I prefer getting both versions for exclusive Pokémon reasons and at times trading for certain reasons.

ソラ

Im gonna be the King of the Pirates
    Years
  • I got both ><. Haha But I got HG first.
    SS second, Im still playing SS, I havent be Johto yet, I am close tho, I am facing the 8th Gym leader tonight!!

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
  • HeartGold, and then eventually when it comes out, BrainCrystal!!!

Ok so I don't know what the 3rd "combined" one will be called, but you know they will make it eventually........

PhantomDraco

Take what you can...
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2010
    I'll most likely be getting SoulSilver, as I like Lugia and Groudon better than their HeartGold counterparts. Also, quite a few of my friends are getting HG, so I'll still be able to get version exclusives.

Pokeyomom

Hoenn no you didn't...
    Years
  • Gold is sooo fun. I think I originally stated I wouldn't get either... I stand self corrected! Definitely going after HG when it comes out.

The Girl Once named Tracie

She who tames Celebi
    Years
  • Soulsilver for sure!

One: I love Lugia

and two: It has the selection of pokemon I enjoy/ am good at playing with, and since I plan on this being the game I use for the 2010 world chamionships, I need that (;

bian

Years
  • Ok i've decided, i want to buy SoulSilver because Silver was the best Pokemon Game i've played
    and Lugia's more cooler than Ho-oh.

I've wanted to buy HeartGold before because of Kyogre..

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 21, 2011
    I'm still in the dilemma of deciding.
    I like Ho-Oh WAY more than Lugia, but the problem is, in SS they have a Tediursa, my favorite Pokemon. Dx
    I had Crystal when I was little... so this is quite the problem. xD

Back