• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen SO many hoenn references

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    Idk about you guys but I have talked to like 10 trainers that have a reference to the hoenn region. Also there are some references to the sinnoh region as well even the e4 drasna is from sinnoh. I'm not going to get my hopes up but I have a feeling there is a very good chance of a hoenn remake. Have you guys also noticed these references :p? (I have a feeling gf is trolling us lolz)

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    There are also quite a lot of Sinnoh references. I am conflicted on whether I should get excited about it (Hoenn) or not.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    There's also someone in a hotel saying he is from a far away place you'll be seeing soon. This is just very interesting

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2014
    Yeah i know but some of the music here had a little bits that remind me of hoenn so that could also be a hidden hint lol.

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • This is my favorite generation 2nd to hoenns, the rails, the tall tall grass, a power plant, team flare looks like magma a little bit, a bunch of hoenn pokemon (which might just say here's your pokemon, no remakes).

The Legend of Zorra

La Leyenda de la Zorra
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2013
    The MC of the game supposedly moved to Kalos from another region, and it's always possible that by "another region" they're hinting to revisiting Hoenn. They don't usually mention "other regions" so much unless there's something on the horizon.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I don't see that as ' soon' though. Gen 7 won't be for at least a few years

Neither will Hoenn remakes. At least a two year gap from the main games so its an either or thing. Then again it may not be anything in particular. We discovered that all the apparent hints in Gen 5 were all completely false. What's to keep these from being false as well?

As for the supposed Hints...I've only ever found one and that's of the lady speaking of Lavaridge. All references to other regions I've seen and heard were to Sinnoh and Kanto. I've actually lost count of how many times Sinnoh was referenced.

The MC of the game supposedly moved to Kalos from another region, and it's always possible that by "another region" they're hinting to revisiting Hoenn. They don't usually mention "other regions" so much unless there's something on the horizon.

Gen 5 had the most references to other regions. We didn't get squat.

Also there is no DLC for X and Y. We're not getting any DLC. https://www.nintendonews.com/2013/10/pokemon-x-pokemon-y-no-dlc-in-development-no-current-plans/

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • He is where? I wanna see him!

Blue/Green/Gary Oak references right here:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • @ Xander There's more than just one. I've seen a few, including someone say this in a hotel (irc in Lumiose city : "The 40th anniversary is the Ruby anniversary and the 45th is the Sapphire." A reference to the actual names of the games! Also get this...his wife mentions their first date was at the Oceanic museum...which is in Hoenn! That's the most significant reference I've seen.
    However they also reference Kanto,Johto, Sinnoh, and Unova...but not by referencing the names of those games...
    Over all though Kalos has more references to past regions than the Unova or Sinnoh games did...which were a lot...

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    One child also outright says their uncle is from Hoenn, and a swimmer says he swam all the way from Hoenn but still has enough energy to battle, in addition to the references already mentioned in the thread.

I like how there are so many references to other regions, mainly because it places the games in context. One guy in some PokéCenter says Team Plasma was making news "some time ago," so we know that chronologically, X and Y takes place after gen 5.

What I find the most interesting, though, is that in X and Y your family just moved from "another region" into Kalos, and the only other game where that happens is Ruby, Sapphire, and Emerald, where your family moves into Hoenn from Johto! It's an indirect reference, but it's a nice one!

Back