• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen [SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    yep a random unofficial announcement from some unknown person ....... seems legit to me. i find it hard to believe but there is only one way to know and we already mentioned it, it is to ignore those randoms unless GF comes out and officially announces that yes that is in fact what happened.

The reviewer didn't specify if this was offline trading or online trading. To me its just a fun way to trade. Im pretty sure we all end up with a lot of useless pokemon in our box or repeats, this way you don't have to release them and get a mystery pokemon in return.

I hope they don't implement those Pokemon Amie effects online. It could get very annoying.
    i can somewhat see why they are doing it, with them always putting a big emphasis on bonds but if thats the case they should bump the AI a fair bit or give you the option so it is an actual challenge but yeah it should be banned some how competitively if itworks that way in online battles

Last edited:

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • The reviewer didn't specify if this was offline trading or online trading. To me its just a fun way to trade. Im pretty sure we all end up with a lot of useless pokemon in our box or repeats, this way you don't have to release them and get a mystery pokemon in return.

Here is what the official Pokémon X & Y website says about it: Wonder Trade is a new form of Pokémon trading where you pick a Pokémon to offer and it will be instantly traded for another Pokémon offered by someone else around the world. The thrill of Wonder Trade is that you won't have any idea which Pokémon you'll get until it appears. Who knows? You might even find yourself getting a rare Pokémon that you never expected!

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2014
    Mystery trades soud cool but will most likely be abused. I hope that status part of that rumor isn't true, that be pointless to have since all the pokemon would be invincible to them. Also for anyone who wants to see, here is the image sparking rumors that everything is fake:

[SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!
    If this is true, then I assume the beta versions were leaked with dummy models of the pokemon, for example the beta versions of all the new pokemon. This could also mean that we don't get those monstrosities of pokemon, binical and it's line

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Mystery trades soud cool but will most likely be abused. I hope that status part of that rumor isn't true, that be pointless to have since all the pokemon would be invincible to them. Also for anyone who wants to see, here is the image sparking rumors that everything is fake:

[SO. MANY. SPOILERS.] X&Y New Photos Leaked!
    You know...that may be true...as some game stores barely got their copies today...which is 5 days in advance...so it's possible that it indeed is fake...
    If so then I'll be happy as it'll mean more new mons! Also if what we saw is the beta versions I wouldn't mind either as I liked some of the Pokemon we saw :3

blue

gucci
    Years
  • But what about the reviewers? All online gaming industries such as IGN, Gamespot, Polygon etc have all officially published reviews about the games. I'm unsure whether that confirms anything but it must mean some copies of the game have been made available and shipped.

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • You know...that may be true...as some game stores barely got their copies today...which is 5 days in advance...so it's possible that it indeed is fake...
    If so then I'll be happy as it'll mean more new mons! Also if what we saw is the beta versions I wouldn't mind either as I liked some of the Pokemon we saw :3

One thing sure is that no store in France has the game yet. I'm working in a french game shop and we're supposed to be delivered around Thursday

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    But what about the reviewers? All online gaming industries such as IGN, Gamespot, Polygon etc have all officially published reviews about the games. I'm unsure whether that confirms anything but it must mean some copies of the game have been made available and shipped.
    well if this leak rumour is true i doubt itd be hard to send the reliable reviewers the actual games while giving fake copies to shops also im sure there are huge restrictions and they had to sign nda's

Last edited:

Years
  • But what about the reviewers? All online gaming industries such as IGN, Gamespot, Polygon etc have all officially published reviews about the games. I'm unsure whether that confirms anything but it must mean some copies of the game have been made available and shipped.
    Yeah but that's only to reviewers...there's proably not many of them going around as they only hand them out to proffesional reviewers which are trusted. Also as Nath said some don't have the game yet...and another member in the countdown thread said they just got them today...so why would Italy and Canada get them five days in advance while the rest of the world's retailers barely get them?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    We already discussed that picture today, there was some kind of an argument ahah

All we can say about it is: let's wait for Saturday and we'll see by ourselves :)

I saw the debate, some good points were bought up.

@Demi-God Nero: I agree, i do not like binacle or barbacle

@Magmaruby and Aquasapphire: True, i even checked with my gamestop, they came in today, and honestly i wouldn't put it past gamefreak, it has been a great hype builder and an interesting publicity stunt if true.

Years
  • I saw the debate, some good points were bought up.

@Demi-God Nero: I agree, i do not like binacle or barbacle

@Magmaruby and Aquasapphire: True, i even checked with my gamestop, they came in today, and honestly i wouldn't put it past gamefreak, it has been a great hype builder and an interesting publicity stunt if true.
    It sure is an elaborate stunt if true...also if it is a test it wouldn't surprise me...there must be some way companies can test stores to see if they're reliable or not, especially if one is suspicious of them.

Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2013
    What would the point of faking it be?

Anyone who knew about the leaks was already going to purchase the game. Any buzz that was created would not have added many if any additional customers.

I could see it being fake if it hit major websites as news stories, but this targeted very specific and relatively small communities...

Nath74K

Pokéfan
    Years
  • I've heard that North-American and European shops are reputed for releasing games earlier than they might do it. Sometimes I broke the release date (especially for xBox 360 games).
    Maybe Nintendo and Game Freak wanted to test the "less reliable" shops, it is totally possible.

Years
  • What would the point of faking it be?

Anyone who knew about the leaks was already going to purchase the game. Any buzz that was created would not have added many if any additional customers.

I could see it being fake if it hit major websites as news stories, but this targeted very specific and relatively small communities...
    The fact it was small communities in Italy and Canada makes me think it's fake...also the major websites can post anything as they're resistricted from doing so...

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2014
    I've heard that North-American and European shops are reputed for releasing games earlier than they might do it. Sometimes I broke the release date (especially for xBox 360 games).
    Maybe Nintendo and Game Freak wanted to test the "less reliable" shops, it is totally possible.
    yeah but what happens if they never realise and sell the fake copies with the real ones at release?

Kerjo

Dark/Ground Gym Leader
    Years
  • What if, the games the leakers have are kinda like a beta. Where the Pokemon we've seen may actually be true, but only this was their original concept or idea of that Pokemon and not all the features of the game are in?

Years
  • What if, the games the leakers have are kinda like a beta. Where the Pokemon we've seen may actually be true, but only this was their original concept or idea of that Pokemon and not all the features of the game are in?
    If so then I can't wait for the actual games seeing how this "fake/beta" version has so many stuff by the sounds of people's comments...

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back