• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen so who is getting the Pokemon B/W Limited Edition DSI Bundle

grodkorv

i like trains..
    Years
    • Seen Aug 29, 2014
    looks so pletty DD:
    but nah, i will not get it.. my old ds lite works just fine^^

Bluerang1

pin pin
    Years
    I was going to but in the UK they're friggin' expensive but if I was in America by now, I would have got them, or maybe not. It's a bit late for them to be released don't they think. I would have probably gotten another DSi not knowing these would come out in America.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I really would love to, but I'm positive that I'll be getting a 3DS at some point... so there's no real point, unless I wanted it as part of a collection. Even then though, it's not like I have the money for it haha.

Years
    Lol, I can't believe Nintendo would release this right before the 3DS's release. xD
    Obviously, I'm not gonna be getting this, since I have a pretty good working fat DS (which has its top screen hanging off by one hinge) that will probably last up until I get a 3DS. But on a good note, those DSi designs are kinda pretty. :P

Kokuo

Ground Type Trainer
    Years
    I probably wont. I don't really have the money for it, and I'd rather save up for a 3DS anyway.

Sary

Breeder, trader and fighter
    Years
    Lol... Why would I get a smaller Nintendo? I'm very happy with my DSi XL, even much happier than having that 3d one. Mines bigger, cheaper and well.. it's mine!
    If they made a 3D XL version.... that would put me thinking.

Pretty ones black/white by the way... but that's just nintendo tactic to release their stock of olds DSi and switch on to the 3D

Anyway, how much improve the 3D will do to the pokemon games? Not much I think, and hope. :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I don't really feel a need for a DSi, particularly with the release of the 3DS only a few weeks away. Also, as much as I love Pokemon (and have Pokemon games in my two existing DS systems at least 90% of the time), I don't really want a DS with a Pokemon design on it (I'd rather just have a nice plain blue or something subtle but classy).

CptSwaggerPants

Hi, I'm John Wayne..JK, I CAMP
    Years
    I already have a DSi Xl, no need to downgrade. Plus, I'm planning on getting that snazzy 3DS, so once again...no need to downgrade :)

Skins are cooler to me anyway.

spike6958

TCG Collector
    Years
    • Age 35
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 30, 2021
    Yeah I see no point in getting this, the 3DS is out the end of the same month, unless your a big collector of console you might as well wait and get a 3DS if you really want new system to play it on.

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    There is a small chance I'd get one. I need a new DS because my DS Lite doesn't work anymore, and I don't plan on getting the 3DS right when it comes out, so I'll just wait and see. Hopefully when the 3DS comes out Nintendo lowers the price of the DSi; though it'd be highly unlikely.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I'd love to, but alas I don't have the money. I'm saving up for the new 3DS anyway, it would be a bit foolish buying a new DS when an upgraded model is out in a month.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    I never got a DSi yet, so...
    But hearing that the 3DS is coming very soon, I most likely will not get this.

Nateon

Pokemon Will Be Real One Day!
    Years
    I love the design but i don't see the point of getting a DSi just before the 3DS comes out which is 3 weeks later, if they made their own 3DS i'd definately go for it

Rich Boy Rob

"Fezzes are cool." The Doctor
    Years
    • Seen Mar 15, 2016
    I have to say the Black one is rather fetching, but considering I both have a perfectly good black DSi already and plan on buying a 3DS soon after launch when I have the money, so I'm not buying it.

Honestly, they should have either released these as limited edition DSi's before Xmas, or better, held off and released them as 3DS's.

Last edited:

Adam.

Knowledge isn't everything.
    Years
    I agree with what people are saying that the console does look nice, what with it's engravings and all but, with the 3DS coming along, I doubt people will buy it (unless they are serious collectors, or something...

I, myself was thinking of getting one if I traded in my DS Lite for some money but I've gone against it as it is just an engraving. In the end, I just slapped a Tangela sticker that I've had lying around for oh.. 6 years onto the DS lid and it looks all the same. :)

Years
    Buying the black bundle this friday. I quit playing Pokemon games after it started on DS.
    But now with BW, i just thought, what the hell, let's buy a bundle.
    This way i can play BW,pearl/diamond/platinum,HG,SS :)

Back