• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sofia's Sketchbook

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    Hey there, I like to draw so I'm going to put my drawings and doodles here! I'm also getting started with spriting so expect some of that too.

Drawings:
    Spoiler:

Sprites:
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Nice gallery, that Fletchinder is sick! That's probably my favorite piece in the gallery, hope to see more. :)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    HI there! Welcome to PC. :3

That Flechling is adorable! Its pose and positioning is so well done. Your pixel art is actually very clean if that was your first attempt! Small note, be careful and be selective with your dithering, you don't want any checkerboard birdies! Overall though, really solid first try. Much better than my own first attempt hahaha.

That Umbreon is really nice too. :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    HI there! Welcome to PC. :3

That Flechling is adorable! Its pose and positioning is so well done. Your pixel art is actually very clean if that was your first attempt! Small note, be careful and be selective with your dithering, you don't want any checkerboard birdies! Overall though, really solid first try. Much better than my own first attempt hahaha.

That Umbreon is really nice too. :)

Thanks! But what if I like checkerboard birdies? :( Kidding, I did go a bit wild with that. I'm just not used to working with cel shading, I'll get over it. (Almost wrote checkerbirds.)

What program do you use?

Paintstorm Studio. It's an incredible program. It's on sale for just $20 right now.

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • I love that gouache painting of yours! I'm a fan of that style and the Lileep & Marill you drew look great : - D

And of course, the same can be said for your Fletchinder and Umbreon drawings. I like how the style you went for in those two works differs from the first one (or at least it looks like that to me, since one is traditional while the others are digital, haha).
    Very nice work, Sofia!
    (I'll have to check out that program you use, Paintstorm Studio, because I've never heard of it before).

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I love that gouache painting of yours! I'm a fan of that style and the Lileep & Marill you drew look great : - D

And of course, the same can be said for your Fletchinder and Umbreon drawings. I like how the style you went for in those two works differs from the first one (or at least it looks like that to me, since one is traditional while the others are digital, haha).
    Very nice work, Sofia!
    (I'll have to check out that program you use, Paintstorm Studio, because I've never heard of it before).

Thanks! :D I'm hoping to do some more gouache later. I think the difference in style is more me trying to get used to the program, my sketching process on the computer is a lot different than my process on paper, but I'm glad it worked out.

---

Igjv0Uz.png

This is a fake title screen I tried making for a ROM hack I'll probably never get to do since all the tools are failing on my computer. I would probably clean it up some if it were the real deal, but I'm happy with how the Volcarona came out.

Actual size:

6CSPHB4.png

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016

Finally got comfortable enough with Paintstorm Studio to try painting a person. It's my trainer OC Nani. Fairly happy with how it came out, all things considered.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    My thread got featured on the pokecommunity twitter, holy cow. :O Anyway, here's a cute little absol I painted. Still getting the hang of this program.

zD0L7Fn.png

Back