• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Soft Reseting for Shinies in SoulSilver (Help?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2023
    I picked up a copy of SoulSilver today (after getting HeartGold on release day) and I want to take my time playing through this one (as if 31 hours isn't enough on Gold :P). This includes a full team of 6 and, yes, soft resetting for shinies! Now I'm asking for some help on when to save so soft resetting for a shiny will work.

If anyone could give me the locations of where to save for these Pokemon, that'd be REALLY helpful :D!

Starting Pokemon (Totodile)

Lugia

Ho-oh

Suicune

Sudowoodo

Shuckle

Spearow (the one you get from a guard)

Eevee (from Bill)

Possibly the Togepi egg, but I'm not so worried about that one

and any other pokemon that you can save before encountering...

Thanks in advance!

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I picked up a copy of SoulSilver today (after getting HeartGold on release day) and I want to take my time playing through this one (as if 31 hours isn't enough on Gold :P). This includes a full team of 6 and, yes, soft resetting for shinies! Now I'm asking for some help on when to save so soft resetting for a shiny will work.

If anyone could give me the locations of where to save for these Pokemon, that'd be REALLY helpful :D!

Starting Pokemon (Totodile) Beginning of game - note this is the first game where the preview pictures for the starter Pokemon will show if they are shiny or not so you can look at all three at once!

Lugia Whirl Islands (more specifically top right one, take the top-right route and work your way from there, bring Flash) before you got to the Elite Four and after you beat the Kimono sisters

Ho-oh As you're playing SS, get to Pewter City, get the Rainbow wing from a man there and go to Tin/Bell Tower in Ecruteak

Suicune Tricky one... I think it being shiny/stats, etc only are set when you actually battle it which'd be in Kanto, Cerulean Cape by Bill's House, not 100% sure though. (If not no SR'ing for a shiny one then, you first see it on the overworld in Johto...)

Sudowoodo Inbetween Goldenrod/Violet/Ecruteak city, only can battle it after getting third gym badge though.

Shuckle Cianwood City, talk to an NPC to get it, or Rock Smash rocks

Spearow (the one you get from a guard) Goldenrod Gatehouse

Eevee (from Bill) Bill's house in Goldenrod, after you talk to him in Ecruteak's Pokemon Centre to get him to go back there.

Possibly the Togepi egg, but I'm not so worried about that one SR before you talk to the Aide in Violet City's mart after the first gym badge, and then hatch - if it's not a shiny you have to reset to get the egg again as stats are set when you recieve the egg, not when it hatches.

and any other pokemon that you can save before encountering... Kanto Birds/Mewtwo/Event Pokes that may come out later, check the FAQ for locations for them =P

Thanks in advance!
    Help thread next time please - that's what it is there for.

Anyways, I've said where you can get them in the quote in bold above. With that, thread closed. Any other Pokemon you want to check, there's serebii.net's Pokedex, and also the FAQ which lists one-off/location-specific Pokemon in the 2nd post.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back