• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Solo Run Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • (Moved from my other account - Giovanni)

Considering there is NO thread with THIS challenge, I welcome you to...

Pokemon R/B/Y Solo Run Challenge

Basically, in this challenge you need to FULLY complete the whole R/B/Y storyline this is from the START of the game, to the END of the game when you defeat the champion
    (Your Rival)

The rules are like many other solo run challenges;

Rules
    • You must complete the challenge with ONE pokemon only
    • You CAN cheat or hack to get your pokemon (As there is not that many pokemon to catch, however if you feel that you shoudnt be able to cheat, let me know)
    • It is advised not to use legenderies as it takes the fun away
    • You ARE allowed to evolve the pokemon you use
    • You can use the same pokemon as other people
    • You can use Pokemon as HM slaves but you CANNOT use them to battle
    • Update your progress regularly
    • Emulators ARE allowed
    • You are advised not to rush this, as it is not a race and should be fun.
    • You MUST have your desired pokemon you board the SS. Anne
    • Most importantly, Have fun!

To sign up, simply fill in the details below. Username (Pokécommunity Username), Pokemon (Your Solo Runner) & Game (The game your using to play)

Username:
    Pokemon:
    Game:

Challengers;

sawakita (Dratini, Badges 1)
    michfan (Lapras, Badges 8)
    myrrhman (Starmie, Badges 8)
    Sceptile0111 (Nidoking, Badges 0)
    CRaTeR (Kingler, Badges 0)
    .Kaiser (Pikachu, Badges 0)
    institutions (Badges 1)

Champions;

Myrrhman - Starmie - Lv 63.Solo Run Challenge
    Michfan - Lapras - Lv. 70. Solo Run Challenge (Didn't faint once)

Best of luck!
    Support bars would be appriciated :D

If you are unable to choose on a Pokemon, I can choose one for you using the Random Pokemon Generator, if that is the case, please leave your requests either in the comments section, or you can PM me!
    (https://wyncorporation.com/pokemon/)

Last edited:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • So we should post in this one instead of the other one, right? If so, then:

Beat LOZER. Very very easy. Killed Pidgeotto with a few Water Guns, used 6 Hardens on Abra (which I didn't need) and then one shot Abra, Rattatta, and Charmander with Water Gun.
    Beat everyone on nugget bridge and the route next to it, then saved bill.
    Beat Misty. I'm the better starfish trainer! Taught Bubblebeam to ORION.
    Got to Vermillion City. Sold stuff and took care of the SS. Anne. LOZER Challenged me again, but I one hit everything except for Kadabra with Bubblebeam.
    Taught HM SLAVE ONE Cut, skipped the Electric Gym, and went to Rock Tunnel, beating everyone on the way.
    Beat LOZER in the Pokemon Tower. It was easy.
    Beat all the trainers on my way to Celadon.
    In Celadon, I bought a Water Stone and evolved Staryu. I bought some Fresh Water, which I gave to a girl and got Ice Beam. I got another Bottle and gave it to the guard to get into Saffron City. In Saffron, I got Psychic and taught both Ice Beam and Psychic to Starmie. I then went back and fought Lt. Surge's gym, now that I was evolved and like 15 levels higher than any of his pokemon. I taught Thunderbolt to Starmie, almost completing the final moveset.
    Beat Erika easily with Ice Beam and Psychic. Got Fly and taught it to HM SLAVE TWO.
    Saved and called it a day.

Player: A
    Badges: 4
    Next Step: Take down Team Rocket's Game Corner

Team:
    ORION, the level 41 Starmie
    123/88/95/115/101
    Psychic, Bubble Beam, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt

HM SLAVE ONE (Bulbasaur at level 8)
    HM's: Cut
    HM SLAVE TWO (Pidgey at level 5)
    HM's: Fly

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • Glad you like it. Here's another update then.

Bah, Rocket Game Corner was easy. Only took damage from Quick Attacks. Grabbed the Silph Scope and went to Lavendar Town.
    Didn't get touched the whole tower. Saved Fuji and got the Flute.
    Went back and got the bike, because I forgot that. Got Snorlax out of the way and took Cycling Road to Fuschia City.
    Beat Koga, although I got paralyzed because I was too lazy to go up to Psychic when fighting an Arbok, so I didn't one hit him. So I took a lot of hits, but didn't die.
    Did the Safari Zone stuff.
    Did Silph Co. Stuff. Beat Rival and got Lapras (SLAVETHREE) and then beat Giovanni.
    Beat Sabrina. I am the better Psychic Trainer.
    Did Secret Mansion stuff and got the Key.
    Blaine was easy.
    Giovanni was easy.
    LOZER was easy.
    Victory Road was annoying because of all the wild Pokemon. I didn't have any Repels...
    And elite four time!!!

Battle one: Vs. Loreli!
    Used like 8 Thunderbolts. Starmie ended up paralyzed by Lapras's Body Slam. After the battle, I used a full heal

Battle two: Vs. Bruno!
    2 Surfs and 3 Psychics. I'll let you decide which order they were in.

Battle three: Vs. Agatha!
    I couldn't one hit her Gengars, so I ran out of Psychics at the end of the battle.

Battle four: Vs. Lance!
    Thunderbolt, Ice Beam, Ice Beam, Surf, Ice Beam.

Final Battle: Vs. LOZER!
    Ice Beam, Surf (x3), Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Surf. I win.
    Solo Run Challenge

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Glad you like it. Here's another update then.

Bah, Rocket Game Corner was easy. Only took damage from Quick Attacks. Grabbed the Silph Scope and went to Lavendar Town.
    Went back and got the bike, because I forgot that. Got Snorlax out of the way and took Cycling Road to Fuschia City.
    Beat Koga, although I got paralyzed because I was too lazy to go up to Psychic when fighting an Arbok, so I didn't one hit him. So I took a lot of hits, but didn't die.
    Did Silph Co. Stuff. Beat Rival and got Lapras (SLAVETHREE) and then beat Giovanni.
    Blaine was easy.
    Giovanni was easy.
    LOZER was easy.
    Victory Road was annoying because of all the wild Pokemon. I didn't have any Repels...
    And elite four time!!!

Used like 8 Thunderbolts. Starmie ended up paralyzed by Lapras's Body Slam. After the battle, I used a full heal

I couldn't one hit her Gengars, so I ran out of Psychics at the end of the battle.

Solo Run Challenge

Congratulations for completing the challenge!

Glad you like it. Here's another update then.

Blaine was easy.
    Giovanni was easy.
    LOZER was easy.
    And elite four time!!!

Solo Run Challenge

Congratulations for completing the challenge!

I'll probally give it a go now but I don't know who with

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    am i allowed to use dratini? if not, i could use abra, but i don't know how to raise his level in the beginning..

Michfan

Bodacious Intellectual
    Years
  • In-game Name: Michfan (Rival name will be OSUfan, lol)
    Pokemon: Lapras (since you said that you can hack--I'm gonna make it at level 5, though, like a starter Pokemon!)
    Game: Blue (ROM)

Last edited:

Sawakita

Not Invented Here
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2019
    I just got boulderbadge. now I'm heading east toward cerulean city

Michfan

Bodacious Intellectual
    Years
  • First update: I chose Bulbasaur as my starter.
    I hacked a level 5 Lapras on Route 1, it knows Water Gun and Growl, deposit Bulbasaur in Box 1, never to be used again, lol.
    I leveled up to level 13, beat OSUfan on Route 22, destroyed Brock with OHKOs with Water Gun.
    Now, off to Mt. Moon and Cerulean City!

Solo Run Challenge

Second Update: I got through Mt. Moon, beat OSUfan handily, destroyed everyone on Nugget Bridge, and caught a Bellsprout as an HM slave for Cut.
    Thanks to two Rare Candies that I found, Lapras is now at level 27, defeated Misty's Starmie in three Body Slams (only because she used X Defend).

Solo Run Challenge

Third Update: Got to St. Anne, defeated every player there, OSUfan was a joke, got HM01 Cut to put on my temporary HM slave (Bellsprout).
    I will probably catch a few Pokemon just for the sake of having HM05 (Flash) for the Rock Tunnel.
    Anyway, I found another Rare Candy, so now it's at level 35; defeated Lt. Surge and beat his Raichu in two hits (reason Lapras wasn't taking damage was because its Body Slam paralyzed it and couldn't attack).

Solo Run Challenge

Fourth Update: I just completed the Rock Tunnel, with almost all of my PP gone, lol. I decided to replace Body Slam with the TM Lt. Surge gave me--Thunderbolt. It is now at level 40, where I replaced Confuse Ray with Ice Beam. I was also able to use two HP Ups as well that I had forgotten about in my bag. The only thing I need now is HM03 (Surf), and my Lapras will be perfect move-wise. Off to Celadon City to beat down Erica!

Fifth Update: I added as much Calcium as I could to Lapras before there would be no more effect, and then I spent the remaining amount of money on two Irons. Erica didn't even stand a chance on Lapras' Ice Beams! It grew a level after the battle, so it is now level 44. All right, Team Rocket, you guys are out of here!

Solo Run Challenge

Sixth Update: I beat the living crap out of Giovanni and his goons at the Rocket hideout and sorted out the Lavender Tower scenario. I'm now going to beat the hell out of the sleeping Snorlax near Celadon City and go get my 5th badge at Koga's place.

Seventh Update: Well, Koga's gone. Before battling him, I remembered that I had another Rare Candy from when I was at the Lavender Tower, so I used it, and bam, I'm level 54. His two Koffings were nothing compared to my new move, SURF, and it took two Thunderbolts to take down Muk and a critical hit Ice Beam to take down Weezing. It is also now maxed out on everything except for Proteins, which it doesn't need since there are no physical attacks in my Lapras' moveset.

Solo Run Challenge

Eighth Update: The Fighting Dojo and Silph Co. were no match for me, with OSUfan being slightly tougher than Giovanni (mainly because OSU's Alakazam wouldn't go down in one hit and used Psychic on me, lol). I'm going to hack a Mew so I can use it as an HM slave so I don't have to travel around with four other Pokemon. Next mission after that: Sabrina's head, I mean, badge.

Ninth Update: The Marsh Badge is mine. Every Pokemon went down with a Surf or Ice Beam except for Alakazam, in which I used Sing and then used two Surfs to KO it. Now, to visit the Secret Mansion...

Solo Run Challenge

Tenth Update: Blaine, you are pathetic against Surf. Seriously, not one of your Pokemon could survive one! Anyway, time to beatdown Giovanni's Ground-types, then off to Victory Road!

Solo Run Challenge

Eleventh Update: Giovanni, you and Blaine have a lot in common--neither of you can handle the power of Surf! I beat all of your trainers to get to level 61, and all you do is get blown out of the water (literally) by me! Anyway, thanks, because I'm going to use your badge and head out to Victory Road and beat the Elite Four on my final update. OSUfan can't get in my way!

Edit: OSUfan was easy--again, his Alakazam was a bit of a pain, but that's about it.

Solo Run Challenge

Twelfth and Final Update: I successfully defeated the Elite Four! Here's how it went down:
    Lorelei--OHKOd everyone except for Lapras; I put it to sleep, then used two Thunderbolts.
    Bruno--OHKOd everyone except for Machamp; same thing as Lapras, except used two Surfs.
    Agatha--A little more difficult than the first two, but not bad. I obtained a critical hit on her first Gengar, I OHKOd the Golbat and Haunter, used two Thunderbolts on Arbok (attempted to use Glare, but missed), and used Sing on the 2nd Gengar and beat it with two Ice Beams.
    Lance--All OHKOs except that Aerodactyl did use Hyper Beam before I could beat it with Ice Beam, depleting 70HP (lol).

Though I was not low on HP, I decided to use a Full Restore anyway and used an Elixir.

OSUfan--4/6 were OHKOd by either Surf or Thunderbolt; Exeggutor took two Ice Beams to take down (stupid Sp. Def) and Alakazam was the biggest pain, kept using Psychic, but I got it down after three Surfs (used Recover twice).

"Play Time": 16:43 (again, I used a ROM)
    Money: $193,361
    Final Level on Lapras: 70

Also, for some good measure, I even defeated Mewtwo after four Ice Beams (it was frozen after two).

Solo Run Challenge

All right, Suicune, put me in the list of Champions! :D

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'd like to try this challenge, but I don't know how to post screenshots from a Game Boy. Are you only allowed to do challenges with emulators?

:t254: Sceptile0111 :t254:

myrrhman

Challenge God
    Years
  • I'd like to try this challenge, but I don't know how to post screenshots from a Game Boy. Are you only allowed to do challenges with emulators?

No, you can do it on the actual game, its just that some people prefer emulators because you can take screenshots and run it at faster speeds. Personally, when I take screenshots, I just use the PrintScreen button, paste it into paint, and then select just the screen that I need.

In other news, I am ready for my ultimate challenge. I am going to do a Solo challenge with every single Pokemon (excluding not fully evolved Pokemon). I'm going to do the first 150 on RBY, 152-250 on GSC, etc. I've already done Starmie, but here we go with Venusaur, my first runner.

Years
  • Awesome! Well, then, I think I'd like to run this challenge.

Username: Sceptile0111
    Pokemon: Nidoking
    Game: Pokemon Red Version

EDIT: Started the challenge. Shortly into the game, I blacked out, does that mean the challenge is over?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2018
    Awesome! Well, then, I think I'd like to run this challenge.

EDIT: Started the challenge. Shortly into the game, I blacked out, does that mean the challenge is over?

^Nah, It's not a nuzlocke challenge. Heal up and go on!

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Awesome! Well, then, I think I'd like to run this challenge.

Okay, i'll sign you up, and No the challenge isn't over, like .Kaiser said that's only if it was a Nuzlocke challenge which it's not so you can carry on :P

Years
  • Ok, here I go!

UPDATE:
    Named myself Ash, and my rival Gary (Unoriginal, I know.) Started with Squirtle, beat Gary and leveled up to 6. Got Oak's package and got pokedex (Squirtle hit level 7.) After going to Viridian, I bought one Poke Ball and headed west into the grass. First thing I encountered was a Level 3 Nidoran Male, so I weakened it and caught it on the first try. Meant to name it but misclicked; I'll wait for Lavender.

Healed Nidoran and deposited Squirtle. Went south and fought a few wild Pokemon, returning to heal several times, until Nidoran hit level 5, when I switched to the north grass to grind. Fought Gary again west of Viridian, but lost while wasting both potions (beat Pidgey and Nidoran hit level 9 though.) Refought Gary and won, Nidoran hit level 11. Healed and went through Viridian Forest, only had to heal once, Nidoran was level 13 upon exiting. Healed again at Pewter, bought two potions and sold my antidote, and prepared to face Brock.

Brock
    Nidoran hit level 14 after the Jr. Trainer, then I returned and healed. Brock opened with Geodude, and I spammed Poison Sting until he was poisoned (forgot about his infinite FH's though.) Switched to Horn Attack. He had used quite a few Defense Curls so there wasn't much I could do. Switched to Tackle once I found I was barely doing 1 damage. Used all three of my Potions but eventually lost.

Rematch!
    Well, this time around, I knew better than to use Poison Sting. I opened with four Leers (He countered one with Defense Curl) and then switched to Horn Attack. He started Curling afterward, but I easily managed the KO. Nidoran leveled up.
    Next up was Onix. He used Bide, so I countered with Leer until he "unleashed." I continued to Leer when he used Bide again. He then used Screech and Tackle, while I hit him with one Horn Attack and then used a Potion. He Bided again so I used Leer despite him being at minimum defense already. After the unleash, I continued with Horn Attack. It was down after about three more attacks. Boulderbadge was mine, and Nidoran was one level away from evolving!

Nidoran Male:
    Current Level: 15
    Current Moveset: Leer, Tackle, Horn Attack, Poison Sting
    Current Stats: ATK 25, DEF 22, SPD 25, SPEC 22, HP 40

UPDATE:
    Continued on to Route 3 after healing. The first Lass I beat easily, and Nidoran leveled up to 16 and evolved! Nidorino beat the rest of the trainers with little trouble, only needing to heal once. Jigglypuff was a bit more annoying, though. Made it to Mt. Moon and bought Magikarp just for the heck of it, but deposited it right away. In Mt. Moon, I only needed to leave to heal once; I found the Water Gun and Mega Punch TM's and taught them to Nidorino. I found a Moon Stone when it was at level 23, so I quickly evolved it to Nidoking and allowed it to learn Thrash. Took the Dome Fossil and exited. In Cerulean I healed and proceeded north. Gary was a piece of cake, managed to beat everything with Mega Punch and Thrash. I then went on to Nugget Bridge for more experience, but went no further, as I planned to glitch a Mew as an HM slave. I healed and prepared to face Misty.

Misty
    Misty was a piece of cake after Brock. Nidoking was Level 27, and a single Mega Punch took down Staryu, leveling Nidoking up to 28 in the process. Starmie was only slightly more difficult; it took two Thrashes to down it and she managed to get off a Water Gun, which did decent damage. Nevertheless, Starmie was easily KO'ed and the Cascadebadge was mine! I then used TM 11 to teach Bubblebeam to Nidoking, replacing Water Gun.

Nidoking:
    Current Level: 28
    Current Moveset: Thrash, Bubblebeam, Mega Punch, Poison Sting
    Current Stats: ATK 66, DEF 61, SPD 66, SPEC 59, HP 91

P.S. Is glitching a Mew for an HM slave legal in this challenge? I'm not going to try it until I know for sure.

Last edited:

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Ok, here I go!

UPDATE:
    Named myself Ash, and my rival Gary (Unoriginal, I know.) Started with Squirtle, beat Gary and leveled up to 6. Got Oak's package and got pokedex (Squirtle hit level 7.) After going to Viridian, I bought one Poke Ball and headed west into the grass. First thing I encountered was a Level 3 Nidoran Male, so I weakened it and caught it on the first try. Meant to name it but misclicked; I'll wait for Lavender.

Healed Nidoran and deposited Squirtle. Went south and fought a few wild Pokemon, returning to heal several times, until Nidoran hit level 5, when I switched to the north grass to grind. Fought Gary again west of Viridian, but lost while wasting both potions (beat Pidgey and Nidoran hit level 9 though.) Refought Gary and won, Nidoran hit level 11. Healed and went through Viridian Forest, only had to heal once, Nidoran was level 13 upon exiting. Healed again at Pewter, bought two potions and sold my antidote, and prepared to face Brock.

Brock
    Nidoran hit level 14 after the Jr. Trainer, then I returned and healed. Brock opened with Geodude, and I spammed Poison Sting until he was poisoned (forgot about his infinite FH's though.) Switched to Horn Attack. He had used quite a few Defense Curls so there wasn't much I could do. Switched to Tackle once I found I was barely doing 1 damage. Used all three of my Potions but eventually lost.

Rematch!
    Well, this time around, I knew better than to use Poison Sting. I opened with four Leers (He countered one with Defense Curl) and then switched to Horn Attack. He started Curling afterward, but I easily managed the KO. Nidoran leveled up.
    Next up was Onix. He used Bide, so I countered with Leer until he "unleashed." I continued to Leer when he used Bide again. He then used Screech and Tackle, while I hit him with one Horn Attack and then used a Potion. He Bided again so I used Leer despite him being at minimum defense already. After the unleash, I continued with Horn Attack. It was down after about three more attacks. Boulderbadge was mine, and Nidoran was one level away from evolving!

Nidoran Male:
    Current Level: 15
    Current Moveset: Leer, Tackle, Horn Attack, Poison Sting
    Current Stats: ATK 25, DEF 22, SPD 25, SPEC 22, HP 40

UPDATE:
    Continued on to Route 3 after healing. The first Lass I beat easily, and Nidoran leveled up to 16 and evolved! Nidorino beat the rest of the trainers with little trouble, only needing to heal once. Jigglypuff was a bit more annoying, though. Made it to Mt. Moon and bought Magikarp just for the heck of it, but deposited it right away. In Mt. Moon, I only needed to leave to heal once; I found the Water Gun and Mega Punch TM's and taught them to Nidorino. I found a Moon Stone when it was at level 23, so I quickly evolved it to Nidoking and allowed it to learn Thrash. Took the Dome Fossil and exited. In Cerulean I healed and proceeded north. Gary was a piece of cake, managed to beat everything with Mega Punch and Thrash. I then went on to Nugget Bridge for more experience, but went no further, as I planned to glitch a Mew as an HM slave. I healed and prepared to face Misty.

Misty
    Misty was a piece of cake after Brock. Nidoking was Level 27, and a single Mega Punch took down Staryu, leveling Nidoking up to 28 in the process. Starmie was only slightly more difficult; it took two Thrashes to down it and she managed to get off a Water Gun, which did decent damage. Nevertheless, Starmie was easily KO'ed and the Cascadebadge was mine! I then used TM 11 to teach Bubblebeam to Nidoking, replacing Water Gun.

Nidoking:
    Current Level: 28
    Current Moveset: Thrash, Bubblebeam, Mega Punch, Poison Sting
    Current Stats: ATK 66, DEF 61, SPD 66, SPEC 59, HP 91

P.S. Is glitching a Mew for an HM slave legal in this challenge? I'm not going to try it until I know for sure.

Yeah that's okay, as long as you dont use Mew to battle, only for HM'S.

CRaTeR

Emperor of Aragon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 21, 2015
    I'm gonna give this one a try.

Username: CRaTeR
    Pokemon: Kingler
    Game: Blue

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back