• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some Fakemon Practice...

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2009
    Yes, definitely make the sprites bigger. The main issue with spriting is that since you have so few pixels to work with, details get harder and harder to place and the smaller your sprite, the more people will take issue with just tiny out of place pixels!

Making your sprites larger will provide you with FAR more room to work with (remember that each 1 pixel increase of height and width can provide you with up to 159 more pixels to work with! (obviously less most of the time, more like 60-100 usually)). This will allow you to properly set in the details and flesh your Pokemon out with proper shading. Bipetal's arms and legs have just a one pixel's width which you can use for colour (because outline takes the other two). How are you going to shade with that? With a bigger sprite, you can increase this by two, three times, and have much better sprites. It's not just about keeping proportional to other Pokemon, there are many practical reasons as well.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    Don't Bump, it makes you look bad :(

Anyway, It might help you to let people knwo your going form FrLg Style (Most people work with revamping GSC or DPPt it seems to me) Also, your shading is out of wack, where's yor light sorce? Most light sources in Pokemon come from the upper left. Yours on the other hand seems to be coming from directly above the Pokemon like its 12 o'clock noon.

Professor W.

Squirtle Fan
    Years
  • Be sure you only look at the newest two. Sorry about the shading, too. I don't really pay attention to where the light source is.

Thanks anyways.

Back