• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some playable characters to to no longer make their comeback in any future Super Smash Bros. video games because they are no longer popular?

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2021
    What's up with you guys? I'm just wanting to know which playable characters you think will no longer make their comeback in any future Super Smash Bros. video games because they are no longer popular among fans worldwide? Please let me know, thanks. ;)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    There's not really any way to have any idea on who'll make it into the next smash game. We don't even know what Nintendo's plans for roster size is going to be for the next one.

Popularity's not necessarily the sole or largest factor in who makes the cut either. Game & Watch is a thing whose time came and went before a lot of people playing Smash were even born. Ice Climbers is an old game that never had much of a following. Kid Icarus had been dead for several years before they inexplicably performed necromancy on it with Brawl. And so on.

Years
    • Seen today
    It's a similar case to Pokemon.

When you cut a character, you cut someones favorite. Popular or not, somebody enjoyed that character.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    It's not like this is particularly new for Smash Bros and it's not like they can keep their ridiculous roster forever, so I would expect to see either no new Smash Bros games and only ever updating/porting Ultimate or taking a subselection of the roster for each new game going forward. Sometimes your fave will make it in, sometimes they won't. It's just a hazard of letting the roster bloat as much as they have.

Back