• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some Shadow Pokemon Questions

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2014
    Hello there! I am making a Pokemon Colosseum remake/sequel - and I love that Shadow Pokemon are in Game. However, I need some assistance.

How to I enable the "Enters the Battlefield" animation for Shadow Pokemon?
    And how do I enable to "Auto Colourisation" for Shadow Pokemon (Turning them Purple - I haven't made every new sprite yet.)

Years
  • For your first question I believe you just need an animation called "Common:Shadow"

For the second, this was once upon a time in essentials, I'm not sure if it was removed or if this is just a bug, but either way I can't help you here because I haven't really looked into the shadow pokemon script.

Years
  • shadow pokemon sprites have _shadow at the end of their names and are placed in the same folder as other in battle pokemon sprites.

i don't think there is anything that automatically does it sadly

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    For the second, this was once upon a time in essentials, I'm not sure if it was removed or if this is just a bug, but either way I can't help you here because I haven't really looked into the shadow pokemon script.
    It was removed because it conflicted with other features. I forget what exactly, though.

My preference of shadow colouring is applying a layer of 96,32,255 at a transparency of 128 over the original sprite. That's at least good for starters.

Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2014
    Oh Ok. That should be good.

Is there a way to blanket edit that onto Gifs? Apply a layer that affects all other layers?
    I downloaded the animation from the Wiki - but how to I add it? It doesn't appear at the moment.

Back