• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sonic Adventure 2 : Battle (GameCube)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokemonFan2000Man

Ex-Pokemon Dictionary
    Years
    SA2B is a VERY old game, but some people (like me) think it never gets old. Why? The adorable creatures (Chao) that SEGA should recreate someday. If you want, describe your Chao, discuss the other games with Chao Gardens, or share breeding recipes. (A recipe is a way to breed Chao so it resembles something.) As a start, for a Celebi Chao, take a green egg and grow it as a Power- and Fly- type Chao (AKA a Volcano Chao).

But, now the thread has changed. Now, please discuss ANYTHING in the game!

Last edited:
    Years
    I love the game, definitely one of my favorite Sonic games, but I never understood everyone's fascination with the Chao Garden. To me, it just felt like it was tacked on at the last minute.

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2011
    I like Chao because they're adorable little things I can raise and make look awesome and have nice attributes to them, but they weren't my favorite aspect of the game. The presentation did it for me. Sonic falling from the sky on an airplane wing and using it as a skateboard down a city street? Now THAT'S awesome. Something I'd totally expect a guy (if you could call hedgehogs guys) like Sonic to do, and pulled off perfectly for a first level.

That's not to say that the Chao Garden wasn't awesome. The presentation of the gardens were nice and pretty cool, especially with the differences in aesthetics in the different gardens. I liked the pool-of-blood touch in the dark garden; it really looked like something you'd see in a place for devil chao-- devilishly adorable that is :3

Years
    • Seen Apr 1, 2022
    Ah, Sonic discussion, now you're speakin' my language!

SA2B was a very underrated port of an awesome Dreamcast game. I loved the skater-punk style (at least when it first came out) and the fluid controls cannot be denied. I loved the little touches like being able to misty-flip if you jump mid-roll. However, its not without its problems. The levels are extremely linear, especially when compared to SA1, and while I never noticed it as a kid, the camera is insanely wonky. It's a pain when it locks back to where it was before when you decide to move. I loved the plot as a kid, even though I liked SA1's more, even then, but today I can see that's where it started to go downhill.

Still, it was the last time Shadow was undeniably awesome. And British sounding ;P

Basically, SA2B was the last good Sonic game on consoles (not counting the Advance series which is pretty good, as is the Rush series) until Sonic Colors came out a few months ago. Colors wasn't perfect, but if they inject a little tiny bit of the Adventure/ Adventure 2 magic into it, the formula they use could be the winning one :)

aaaaand end fanboy-geek-rambling :)

P.S. also, did anyone master the massive shortcut in the Final Rush stage :)?

As for the Chao, my brother and I spent a ton of hours on those things. This was a place SA2B was vastly superior to its original, considering they added the stats window. I sunk more hours into the original, however the superiority of SA2B's system is undeniable :)

I loved being able to see the progress of going between light and dark chao, and the Chao Black Market was a nice touch. I never could actually master the racing/ karate portions, but I enjoyed just raising the little guys more than anything. I miss chao, and once Sonic Team can make an undeniabley awesome Sonic game again, I'd love to see them return (But only after they can master the core gameplay ;) )

Last edited:

PokemonFan2000Man

Ex-Pokemon Dictionary
    Years
    Make up a Pokémon Chao recipe and post it if you totally think Sega should make a game for Wii with a Chao Garden, even if a bit glitchy. :)

PokemonFan2000Man

Ex-Pokemon Dictionary
    Years
    Well...

MY STORY ABOUT CHAO
    As I said earlier, I was a fanatic of the Chao garden. And it was really cool to watch on the Chao.

Whenever I brought my Gamecube (this is when I had no Wii) to my cousin`s house, we would always have Chao parties, arguements over who gets which garden, and all kinds of other crazy things. Things like Chao tricks, dinner (The King much? :D), and especially taking total care in turns. My cousin is in middle school now, and we haven`t played with our Chao for a long time... Hasn`t it been about 2 and a half years now? Anyway, I always name my main Chao Pichu, because I love that Pokemon :) And I still think that, next time we can get together, we should play Sonic again.

And that concludes my story. ;)

Last edited:

kirbyking1234

The Destroyer
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012

If by massive shortcut you mean plumetting a thousand feet onto a rail that takes you way to the end of the level then yes.

Also Chao are epic as can be. I love the little Hero chao when they say Hi to Sonic. So cute~ My greatest dream was to get an army of Chaos Chao sadly I procrastinate too much.

And yes even as a 17 year old male I can say "So cute~" fear my manliness.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    OH GOD SA2:B THAT GAME WAS AMAZING

I could say a heck of a lot more on that topic but that's not quite the point of this thread. =p I rather liked the Chao Garden - it was a great addition although tbh a lot of my chao came from a friend who was really into it and had all of the chao. XD Pretty disappointing that after that it got phased out - it was a great way to waste time. XD (And the Chao garden music tunes in general were great!... although given it was from SA2:B... =p) I had some stuff like a Sonic and Shadow chao raisd by myself, as well as the chaos chao and a Tails one from said friend. XD
    I think I have every possible shortcut that game allows for (without massive glitching/hacking that is =p). XD Falling down was good fun.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
    I love SA:DX and SAB2, specifically the chao gardens. :D I remember I had a two-tone flying neutral chao. Good times. :D I also remember having a dark chaos/God/whatever you want to call it chao.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    omfg. I love this game, I want it again now. /amazon.

I played it non-stop like literally every day ;o; I love the Chao, there so damn god adorable. :3 I used to be in the garden's all the time, although I never hatched any special character chao's. ;o; I never got the shortcut in Final Rush either, I just kinda played without a walk through.

I cry when my Chao's die, I still do ;-; it's so sad D:

PokemonFan2000Man

Ex-Pokemon Dictionary
    Years
    So, anyone else still play this game occassionly? My Wii won`t read any discs anymore, and even if I play it on my GameCube, I lost my Memory card... :(

When I get it back, that`s the first thing I`ll play.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
    OH GOD SA2:B THAT GAME IS AMAZING!!!

I still play it often. I have about ehh 5 memory cards and over 200 Chao between DX and 2B. On my very first playthrough, my memory card corrupted. I cried for days when I lost my first batch of evolved chao. I'm still a bit sad over it even though it happened about 7 years ago, huh? .-.

My most treasured Chao would have to be one named Hope, the offspring of many chain breeds. I started by breeding the default Chao with store-bought shiny eggs. I kept breeding offspring until more offspring had better grades than their parents. Rinse and repeat. She is a Shiny Orange two-tone chao (that means shiny orange base with green accents). She had A-B stats so I allowed her to reincarnate several times and evolve into different types. She then had straight S stats, so I evolved her into a Hero Chaos chao. ^^

I had a Shadow and Sonic chao, but they became that when they are 4-5 years old so they reincarnated too soon. IIRC I bred a Red chao with a default chao to get a Red two-tone chao. He looks just like Shadow at the age of 1.

Well, I could go on all year about my chao. I've played this for hundreds of hours (Gamecube and Wii) and I never grow tired of this game. I haven't found any level shortcuts... I like running through my own way than trying to speed-run. xD;

Nihilego

[color=#95b4d4]ユービーゼロイチ パラサイト[/color]
    Years
    HOW HAVE I NEVER DISCOVERED THIS THREAD UNTIL NOW. also this game needs its own general thread too

*ahem*

Anyway, I remember the Chao being my absolute favorite part of this game, and it still is, for when I get the chance to play it anyway. I remember it took me weeks to try and work out how to get a Chaos Chao. And then I found Google. ;-;

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
    I personally do approve this becoming a SA2:B discussion thread. =D

So uh...what to discuss? Maybe say your favourite music tracks to start off with? City Escape, Eggman's theme and Live and Learn are obvious choices for me but there's a heck of a lot of songs. And maybe tonight/when I have more time I'll post some interesting tidbits. ;p There's stuff that's not obvious to hear without headphones and all (some song's lyrics are actually understandable with headphones! =o)

NTA

Where?
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2012
    I've always loved the City Escape song on SA2B and the mission involving that huge truck as well lol!

A Pixy

Cruel?
    Years
    Unpopular opinion: I HATE Sonic Adventure 2. Maybe not hate, but I STRONGLY dislike Sonic Adventure 2. It took the half of Sonic Adventure's game modes, stretched them out into a 10 hour long game and only Sonic/Shadow's gameplay was any fun. Knuckles/Rouge's levels were way to huge. 20 minutes to beat one level is far too long. Why does the Emerald Radar only pick up on one emerald at a time now? Also, Tails/Eggman's levels. Way too linear, way too simple, way too easy. There was no challenge. Walk down this corridor, find enemies, aim at them by spinning, fire, kill them, repeat. So tedious. At least Sonic/Shadow's gameplay was fun. Fast, fluid, a definite improvement over Sonic Adventure. It didn't have Sonic Adventure's variety, you were usually just running, but I don't care it was fun.

In short, about one third of the game is worth playing and is any fun.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back