• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Soul Silver...Heart Gold...Which is the difference?

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    Since when??? The articles I have read all say spring 2010 for the US but nothing about Europe.
    From the official Pokemon (PUSA website: it was revealed that Pokemon HeartGold version and Pokemon SoulSilver version will be available for the Nintendo DS and Nintendo DSi systems in spring 2010 in the United States and Europe.

It's right there on the linked page if you want to check.

Right now, it's unsure what exclusives are going to be in the game, because that information really hasn't been given out yet. One can assume that the exclusive Pokemon for each version would be the same, since these are remakes in one sense of the word. So Niprop's post (with Eggie Poo Poo's edition) could be taken as assumed truth.

What levels they will be at, or if the locations stay the same (Houndour in Kanto again? No) isn't easy to say, but I do remember hearing that Ho-Oh's/Lugia's levels change when you first meet them (Ho-Oh in HeartGold first, Lugia in SoulSilver first).

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    If the remakes follow the same formula as the others:

Mankey, Primeape, Growlithe, Arcanine, Spinarak, Ariados, Gligar, Teddiursa, Ursaring, and Mantine can only be caught in Gold version, while Vulpix, Ninetales, Meowth, Persian, Ledyba, Ledian, Delibird, Skarmory, Phany, and Donphan can only be caught in Silver version, Also, what the above said.

I read in Bulbapedia that Teddiursa, Ursaring were obtainable in Silver in the Japanese version while unavailable in the Gold and vice-versa for Phanpy and Donphan. I wonder if they will do that again in the Japanese version and I wonder if the English version will do change it again too. I really hope that they English version does not change anything because I prefer Phany and Donphan to Teddiursa and Ursaring

Years
    since the legendaries can be caught in both games, it will only be the opening cutscenes and different pokemon will only be obtainable in certain games, like in Diamond and Pearl.

Slowking

Live By The Creed
    Years
    The biggest difference is probably Groudon - kyogre, but my brother will buy HG and I will buy SS so I'll be able to catch rayquaza

Back