• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sound or No Sound

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    Sound. I live in a pretty quit place so I always welcome sound, even if it's loud (Just as long as it isn't too loud).

I have a hard time sleeping without sound so I always keep my TV open, and if I don't it usually takes half an hour for me to go to sleep.

Fenrir Reki

Guardian of Destruction
    Years
    I could stay in a room alone if it was silent. I wouldn't mind it, but listening to music would be nice though.

Years
    Depends on my mood. Silence is okay sometimes, but most of the time, I do like to have some sort of noise, usually music. It's not a necessity, though. Over the break, there were times when I was on the computer on my own, with no noise, and it didn't bother me a bit.

If it's really late at night, that's when it tends to be silent, just because that's when people are sleeping. I like music, but not so much so, my headphones are always on.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Sometimes I can...sometimes! Most of the time there is sounds...lol ':D

Abi

Years
    • Seen Apr 26, 2009
    Well, it depends on the mood. When I want to relax and forget about the world I like to go to my room, since it's pretty quiet there. But most of the time, I like having the radio or TV on :P

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I can bear with silence. Put me in a quiet room with someone who will never start a conversation, and I bet the hidden voice recorder can't record anything. Being very near to a source of sound energy, I can't bear it, though.

Ayano Katagiri

♥ 陳意涵 - 痞子英雄
    Years
    I am right now, the only sound being made is from laptop. And I don't really mind it, though I do usually put on some music.

the bitter end.

.only slightly insane
    Years
    It really depends on my mood. I can sit in a room with complete silence when I want to be alone, or when I'm tired. Otherwise I like to have some sort of sound, whether it's my brother screaming in the background or some music.

Capt. Couch

Wake me... When you need me...
    Years
    I can live with either. The only time I would prefer sound over silence is when I am playing my cello and I royally screw something up since it makes an awkward atmosphere. Then again, I find it difficult to play cello with a constant undertone of some sort, so I get caught in the middle with that kind of situation.

kissing. raindrops

just jump, you might fly <3
    Years
    It definitely depends on what I'm doing and how I'm feeling. Mostly silence is good, except I prefer music over all noise. =)
    If I'm doing homework, it's gotta be quiet or music.

Gulpin

poisonous
    Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2017
    No, I hate it when things are completly quiet. I can't fall asleep without a blaring loud TV.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
    I can if there are people home. If nobody is home I get scared and think somebody might come in and get me...

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    I had an ear infection once in both ears and there's something blissful about not being able to hear anything (I could hear, but only if a sound was fairly loud).
    But sitting in a room with nothing to hear is not nice; It's only nice if I can walk outside and watch things.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 4, 2018
    I love the quiet so much,I barely have anything on besides music at a low level.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    It is never silent in my house, so I wouldn't know how to act with it. I have to have music playing all the time. XD

Years
    I would say both in general but for working, some are better in noise and some without, I think I need stimuli to work well but too much noise disturbs me pretty much.

Back