• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sound or No Sound

Artemis

i'm no goddess
    Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    Can you stand being in a room all by yourself in complete silence??? I know I can't...I would have to play some kind of music or something...

u?

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Silence is good I think, gives me a rest from all the noise from today. Lowers the chance of getting a headache! rofl

s0nido

turn up the engine
    Years
    I can stay in a room with complete silence with ease in any situation. Even if I don't have a DS, laptop or anything to play with. I can memorise songs and play them in my head.

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2017
    Surely I can.
    In fact, that's the environment I have most of the times in my room.
    Any noise in my room is "made" by either me, my guitar, my PC, the ceiling fan, or my brother.

Sometimes, I like noises - well mostly if they're pleasant. I'm kinda sick of being lonely.

Last edited:

.emerald

☆ + ♥
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2014
    I prefer both. Occasionally, I would lock myself in my room and contemplate in silence. When I feel bored, I do the same but with my iPod shuffle.

Years
    HECK NO!!! i have to have some music or some on, cuz as a rapper and a singer music is my life.

but silence kinda gets me grumpy... shot i cant sleep with silence in fact it wakes me up!

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
    I love the silence. It makes me feel a bit clam like no care in the world but freaked out when you hear a creak or a bump and the noise i use to wake up and to sleep. Strangely enough listening to metallica puts me to sleep.

Evilyn

Termination Bliss
    Years
    No, I always, always, listen to music either on my mp3 or the computer via WMP. Silence makes me nervous.

Last edited:

BeachBoy

S P A R K of madness
    Years
    Complete silence? With my sister around? Impossible, but if achieved, of course I'd welcome it. :D

Usually though, relaxing music creeps in when I need some music through the room.

Also, moved to Other Voting Polls, as this seems to be a less discussion oriented topic.

Years
    I don't mind being in a room of silence, it's actually rather peaceful when nobody else is around and I'm free to do my work without distraction. And while I don't particularly mind working in a room of noise, I find solitude to be a great atmosphere to get the job done.

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
    I'm in one right now.
    It really depends what I'm doing though, if there's no computer or form of technology then no way =/

NoBel_ToKYo ™

OpEN Up YoUR HoRIzOns
    Years
    Nah, personally, i'm a music lover. Can't live without the stuff XD but i remember it used to get annoying cause my brother, when he was little used to have music on while he was sleeping ALL night cause he used to get ringing in his ears..So he did that to block it out, and now the words of Mambo No.5 will be burned into my head forever because of it..XD

Aizuke

[b]long sword style[/b]
    Years
    I don't think I'd be able to. I always need some sort of noise. And even if it's silent, then you hear the some distant ringing noise... Or that's just me. XD;

But silence feels weird and creepy to me.

XaRhS

I'm a really lonely person,so most of the time,i prefer being in a room with silence or somewhere else alone.

Yrie

I'm done here. Ciao~
    Years
    I most definitely could, I find a silent and calm environment to be the best environment to study in, or to do homework in, which I prefer to get over with as fast as possible, so yeah, for that reason, I don't really mind the silence. Otherwise, though, I find dead silence to be opressive and a bit creepy, which is when I need some form of noise, preferably music.

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
    Silence. It's wonderful when you're tired, but what about when you're restless? The lack of sound actually hurt my ears last night while I was trying to sleep. Something about it made me feel like someone was about to set off a dynamite in them. Then the noises. Little creaks everywhere freaked me out slightly, but I cast them aside. Sure, I had seen the Shining the day before, but the movie wasn't scary to me, so I just pretended that nothing happened. Then something fell. Boom, something crashed on the floor. Moreeeee silence. Ahhh, I freaked, thinking someone was going to pop in my room and say, "Here's Johnny!"

I hate silence when your imagination gets involved like mine had last night. It's a blessing when you're dead tired, but when you're restless? Your mind plays tricks on you. D:

True Reign

  
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    Both. I can be in a room with complete silence all day if you let me, but I also need the fan on when I go to sleep.

For some reason, I like that smooth beat of the fans.

Dogboy2709

Banned
    Years
    Every now and then i could deal with no sound. (I have to when there is a lock-down drill at school) other times, it just gets too creepy. Sometimes when i'm home alone, I hear this thing that sounds like a "pop" coming from the kitchen.

However, i usually have my DS on me XD XD

Back