• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Approved] Speed Art Challenge 3.0 Let's heat things up!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I was looking at previous years feedback and I was thinking of adding a few new features to make things more interesting like:

1. Choosing a partner for the round

2. choosing a pokemon for your partner

3. Wild cards that allow you to switch pokemon
    3.1 Switch pokemon with your partner
    3.2 Switch pokemon with a random participant
    3.3 Change with one pokemon from the list
    3.4 Mimic a random pokemon
    3.5 choose your favorite pokemon
    3.6 choose your least favorite pokemon
    3.7 random re-roll your pokemon
    3.8 etc

4. voting sessions extended until the last day of the get together
    4.1 for each drawing you receive 5 points (compiling all 3 drawings into 1 will receive 5 more points) (20 points in total per finished work)
    4.2 the more likes or emoticons in discord a finished work gets they add 1 more point to their total score
    4.3 the work with the more likes at the end of the get together will receive 50 extra points

5. Bonus extra rounds with random rules

6. Maybe add something like held items or battle items during the event to add strategy?

Every round will have their own theme like last year like the legendary / pseudo legendary round
    Pokemon will be random with the opportunity to change them (like with wild cards, held items or battle items, round rules, etc)

And I will definitely need a role in discord

So what do you think, suggestions are welcome :)

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    These are some of the battle items effects I have come up with:

X ATTACK - Take the pokemon of a rival if it's physical attack oriented.

X DEFENSE - Prevents the pokemon from being taken if it's physical attack oriented.

X SP ATTACK- Take a pokemon of a rival if it's special attack oriented.

X SP DEF - Prevents the Pokemon from being taken if it's special attack oriented.

X Speed - Makes time faster - reduce 5 seconds, 1 minute and 5 minutes of remaining time.

X Accuracy - Extends time - increase 10 seconds, 2 minutes and 10 minutes to the remaining time.

I have been trying to add effects with dire- hit and guard spec, but the more I see them, the more broken they become so for now I don't think it's a good idea to add them.

Years
    I was looking at previous years feedback and I was thinking of adding a few new features to make things more interesting like:

1. Choosing a partner for the round

2. choosing a pokemon for your partner

3. Wild cards that allow you to switch pokemon
    3.1 Switch pokemon with your partner
    3.2 Switch pokemon with a random participant
    3.3 Change with one pokemon from the list
    3.4 Mimic a random pokemon
    3.5 choose your favorite pokemon
    3.6 choose your least favorite pokemon
    3.7 random re-roll your pokemon
    3.8 etc

4. voting sessions extended until the last day of the get together
    4.1 for each drawing you receive 5 points (compiling all 3 drawings into 1 will receive 5 more points) (20 points in total per finished work)
    4.2 the more likes or emoticons in discord a finished work gets they add 1 more point to their total score
    4.3 the work with the more likes at the end of the get together will receive 50 extra points

5. Bonus extra rounds with random rules

6. Maybe add something like held items or battle items during the event to add strategy?

Every round will have their own theme like last year like the legendary / pseudo legendary round
    Pokemon will be random with the opportunity to change them (like with wild cards, held items or battle items, round rules, etc)

And I will definitely need a role in discord

So what do you think, suggestions are welcome :)

So just to clarify - these are potential options to add to this year's one, rather than you adding all 6 of them? I remember that sometimes this event can be a little hard to get to grips with initially, so am just a bit worried about adding more things to complicate it.

That said, I'm glad to see you're taking it to new heights! I really like the idea of a randomised round or the held items, or even a combination of both! I think things such as the wildcard options may be a little complex for this, because as far as I remember you have some fairly quick rounds? Having to try and factor that in whilst also doing the drawing I feel can be quite intense for a player.

These are some of the battle items effects I have come up with:

X ATTACK - Take the pokemon of a rival if it's physical attack oriented.

X DEFENSE - Prevents the pokemon from being taken if it's physical attack oriented.

X SP ATTACK- Take a pokemon of a rival if it's special attack oriented.

X SP DEF - Prevents the Pokemon from being taken if it's special attack oriented.

X Speed - Makes time faster - reduce 5 seconds, 1 minute and 5 minutes of remaining time.

X Accuracy - Extends time - increase 10 seconds, 2 minutes and 10 minutes to the remaining time.

I have been trying to add effects with dire- hit and guard spec, but the more I see them, the more broken they become so for now I don't think it's a good idea to add them.

So these are some fun ideas and I think not too broken to really sway anything, however... how are you going to make the decision what is Phys/Spec oriented and how will that information be easily accessible for participants?

If you have the time I would highly recommend putting a list together of Physical and Special Pokémon, that people can then use for reference.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    So just to clarify - these are potential options to add to this year's one, rather than you adding all 6 of them? I remember that sometimes this event can be a little hard to get to grips with initially, so am just a bit worried about adding more things to complicate it.

That said, I'm glad to see you're taking it to new heights! I really like the idea of a randomised round or the held items, or even a combination of both! I think things such as the wildcard options may be a little complex for this, because as far as I remember you have some fairly quick rounds? Having to try and factor that in whilst also doing the drawing I feel can be quite intense for a player.

Yes, potential options, maybe not all. Most of the effects (if not all) would happen before the round begins to avoid affecting total time and prevent pokemon change mid round session.
    Wild cards would be limited to 1 per participant for the round, much like in the pokemon TCG where you can only use 1 supporter card per turn.
    Rounds itself will have their own rules, like when exploring a dungeon, the dungeon floor ends up having a special condition in effect like a weather effect. Wild cards would work to either decrease or increase the difficulty of that rule during that session. (I'm still thinking on randomizing wildcards effects or maybe only give 1 wildcard to each participant for 1 use only through the entire event)
    Participants can use battle items of their choice during that round but they can't use the same battle item in the next round. (the x speed and the x accuracy both have kind of a global effect so they are not stackable and if someone uses x speed first it can be replaced by x accuracy and vice versa).

The entire round has 3 parts - the 30 seconds, 3 minutes and 30 minutes parts. (I think this format worked fine last get together). Then there is the complilation of all 3 results and participants posting them, once all final results are posted the voting session begins. And according to previous years feedback and participants comfort I think it would be beneficial to make the voting sessions lasts until the last day.

So these are some fun ideas and I think not too broken to really sway anything, however... how are you going to make the decision what is Phys/Spec oriented and how will that information be easily accessible for participants?

If you have the time I would highly recommend putting a list together of Physical and Special Pokémon, that people can then use for reference.

I was mainly going to use base stats as reference. Participants would be able to search for them either through serebii, bulbapedia or similar sites, in case a pokemon had equal attack and sp attack base stats the effect would fail. Depending on the session rules I would try to create a list before the event starts.

This are just ideas, like having a little turn based battle before the drawing starts.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I agree that the hold items is a fun concept but they could do with some simplification. How are they earned?

I'm still thinking on that part, maybe when a participant reaches enough likes/emoticons from the previous round they earn a hold item or maybe a random round effect.

Years
    I'm still thinking on that part, maybe when a participant reaches enough likes/emoticons from the previous round they earn a hold item or maybe a random round effect.

You could also just have your participants choose one from the list at the beginning.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I was thinking of maybe letting other EO giveaway either held items or wildcards depending on the type of their events and to EO discretion (for example when winning a round or making an achievement) aside from the ones given to participants randomly during the first day of the event (probably). But maybe it will complicate things a little. Anyways I'm just giving finishing touches to the draft document I made before posting the final results. Regarding the time of the event I would need to know the time of the other events because I was planning maybe doing the speed challenge like 4 days a week (making 8 rounds in total without the bonus round (the bonus round would be optional for participants)). Maybe something like monday, wednesday, friday and saturday with the last sunday being a bye day to count scores and finish the event. The time I had planned was around 00:00 UTC.

Years
    Having bonuses for your event available to those who do well in other events is an interesting idea. You'd have to discuss that with other EOs though but I'm not necessarily against it. You'd be kind of limited to other shortform events though if you wanted to go that route which could pose an issue if people can't manage those times or anything.

As for the timing of this... just put down for the time slot you want first. If everyone just waits to see what everyone else does, we'll never actually have a schedule.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Yeah, that was what I was thinking. The advantage is that some shortform events sometimes have multiple rounds with multiple and different winners like jackbox. The other thing I was thinking was that longform events like the challenges have sort of checkpoints when getting gym badges (if it's like previous years) and those that include battles maybe something like after reaching a certain score or winning x number of battles or like having all correct answers in spot the difference. But as you said, I will have to discuss it with other EOs and consider the limitations if I decide to go that route. Regarding the time, the time I'm requesting would be around 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. my current time zone as a start time (I'm using UTC -5 as reference). It would be around 00:00 - 01:00 UTC. It can be moved either a little earlier o later as long as the event doesn't interfere with other events.

Years
    Yeah, that was what I was thinking. The advantage is that some shortform events sometimes have multiple rounds with multiple and different winners like jackbox. The other thing I was thinking was that longform events like the challenges have sort of checkpoints when getting gym badges (if it's like previous years) and those that include battles maybe something like after reaching a certain score or winning x number of battles or like having all correct answers in spot the difference. But as you said, I will have to discuss it with other EOs and consider the limitations if I decide to go that route. Regarding the time, the time I'm requesting would be around 7:00 - 8:00 p.m. my current time zone as a start time (I'm using UTC -5 as reference). It would be around 00:00 - 01:00 UTC. It can be moved either a little earlier o later as long as the event doesn't interfere with other events.

Hi Draco, I just want to see if you've made any progress/decisions to start finalising this event a little bit?

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Hi Draco, I just want to see if you've made any progress/decisions to start finalising this event a little bit?

Yes, I have finished the draft I was working with. I will be posting soon how the event rules will look like.

Years
    Another reminder, don't forget to post in the scheduling thread. We also need your Discord info to give you access to the EO channel.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Welcome everyone to Speed Art Challenge 3.0 Let's heat things up.
    In this challenge you will draw as fast as you can a Pokémon.

Here are the rules:

1. A Pokémon will be assigned to you (You will sometimes either be able to select your Pokémon or an ally or rival will select the Pokémon for you).
    2. You will draw that Pokémon 3 times within a certain time limit.
    3. You will create a compilation of all 3 with a theme/tittle and a small description.
    4. You will submit your final creation in Discord.
    5. Once submitted, your creation will accumulate likes/emoticons until the final day of GT.
    You can be as creative as you can and be as original as possible. Do not copy artwork from other sources. You can use references.
    You can add color and shades if you have enough time for it but remember that the Pokémon has to be recognizable.

You can be as creative as you can and be as original as possible. Do not copy artwork from other sources. You can use references.
    You can add color and shades if you have enough time for it but remember that the Pokémon has to be recognizable.

There will be a secret bonus round, if successfully completed, it will grant extra points (only once). They can be posted on Discord but they won't accumulate likes/emoticons. Participation for the bonus round is optional.

Time limits:

First part 30 minutes
    Second part 3 minutes
    Third part 30 seconds
    Fourth part (compilation) 1 - 5 minute(s)

Successfully completing all tasks grants 15 points.
    Secret Bonus - 20 points and a wild card of your choice.
    Bonus points per likes/emoticons
    Bonus points for the artwork with most likes/emoticons - 50 points
    Voting sessions extended till the last day of the GT. (closing on Sunday).

Battle items:
    Players choice.
    Battle items cannot be repeated in consecutive rounds – cooldown of 1 round. (for example; if you used X ATTACK in the first round, you can't use it again until the 3rd round, but you can use any other battle item).

Battle items list:

Spoiler:

Wild cards:

Lottery: Some will win wild cards; others will not win any wild card. Once per week.
    Like Supporter cards in the Pokémon TCG, can only be used once. Their effects only last for 1 round.

Wild cards list:

Spoiler:

Round themes:

Spoiler:

Round rules:

May vary and can bypass held items effects. (Random per round)

Some of the possible rules could be:

Spoiler:

Held items:

Lottery: Everyone is guaranteed a held item, but is random.

Held items list:

Spoiler:

Turn order:

1. Wild card: can be used at any moment as long as it's effect can still be applied. Once drawing starts, wild cards can't be used.

2. Quick claw and Lagging tail roll a dice, if successful they go first or last respectively.

3. Order of participants randomly selected per round. (Exceptions: Wild card effect, quick claw and lagging tail).

4. Pokémon selection:

Participants must say if they have a held item equipped to apply their effects.

Possible outcomes:

4.1. Each participant chooses their Pokémon from the list (cannot choose a Pokémon already taken).
    4.2. Random selection
    4.3. Your rival/ally select the Pokémon for you.

5. Battle Items:
    Switch or protect your Pokémon.
    Increase or decrease round timer.
    Turn order based on participants turn order.

6. Drawing starts.

7. Post creation on Discord platform.

Time of the event:
    Rounds every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. 10:00 PM EST

PC name:
    Discord name:
    Favorite flavor: (to let us know that you have read all the rules write: "Golden Vanilla")
    Team:
    Battle item for your first round:

Participants list and active held item:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    Welcome everyone to Speed Art Challenge 3.0 Let's heat things up. In this challenge you will draw as fast as you can a Pokémon.

Here are the rules:
    1. A Pokémon will be assigned to you (You will sometimes either be able to select your Pokémon or an ally or rival will select the Pokémon for you).
    2. You will draw that Pokémon 3 times within a certain time limit.
    3. You will create a compilation of all 3 with a theme/tittle and a small description.
    4. You will submit your final creation in Discord.
    5. Once submitted, your creation will accumulate likes/emoticons until the final day of GT.

There will be a secret bonus round, if successfully completed, it will grant extra points (only once). They can be posted on Discord but they won't accumulate likes/emoticons. Participation for the bonus round is optional.

Time limits:
    First part 30 seconds
    Second part 3 minutes
    Third part 30 minutes
    Fourth part (compilation) 1 - 5 minute(s)

Successfully completing all tasks grants 15 points.
    Secret Bonus - 20 points and a wild card of your choice.
    Bonus points per likes/emoticons
    Bonus points for the artwork with most likes/emoticons - 50 points
    Voting sessions extended till the last day of the GT. (closing on Sunday).

Battle items:
    Players choice.
    Battle items cannot be repeated in consecutive rounds – cooldown of 1 round. (for example; if you used X ATTACK in the first round, you can't use it again until the 3rd round, but you can use any other battle item).

Battle items list:
    X ATTACK – Switch your Pokémon with another participant's Pokémon as long as it's base attack is higher than it's sp. Atk. Fails if the target Pokémon base Atk stat is the same as its sp. Atk stat. (main game stats).
    X DEFEND – protects your Pokémon from X ATTACK
    X SP ATK - Switch your Pokémon with another participant's Pokémon as long as it's base sp. atk is higher than it's Attack. Fails if the target Pokémon base sp. Atk stat is the same as its Atk stat. (main game stats).
    X SP DEF – protects your Pokémon from X SP ATK
    X SPEED - global effect: makes rounds faster by reducing time limits by 5 seconds, 1 minute and 3 minutes respectively. (replaces x acc)
    X ACC. – global effect: makes rounds slower by increasing time limits by 10 seconds, 2 minutes and 6 minutes respectively. (replaces x speed)

Wild cards:
    Lottery: Some will win wild cards; others will not win any wild card. Once per week.
    Like Supporter cards in the Pokémon TCG, can only be used once. Their effects only last for 1 round.
    1. Me first: You can choose first regardless of quick claw or lagging tail.
    2. Reverse uno card: when someone attempts to switch your Pokémon with theirs, make them choose from the pool again and keep your Pokémon. (if random selection, a random Pokémon will be provided).
    3. Trick room: Turn order is reversed. Lagging tail and quick claw effects are unaffected.
    4. Imposter: Your Pokémon is now a ditto. Transform it into one of your rival's but keep its ditto face.
    5. Embargo: Battle and held items effects are negated except for the user of this card.
    6. Switcheroo: Trade your held item with any participant.

Round themes:
    1. Random
    2. Legendary Pokémon and pseudo legendary Pokémon – includes mythical Pokémon
    3. Legends Arceus Dex
    4. Cute/Baby Pokémon
    5. Elemental: types – Fire, water, grass
    6. Halloween: types – poison, fairy, bug, ghost, dark

Round rules:

May vary and can bypass held items effects. (Random per round)

1. Friend or Rival: You will be randomly paired with a partner. Your partner will select a Pokémon for you. Held items effects are blocked during this round.
    2. Battle Tower: Battle items cannot be used.
    3. Shiny hunter: All Pokémon are shiny.
    4. Rental Pokémon: participants will choose your Pokémon according to your personality.

Held items list:
    Lottery: Everyone is guaranteed a held item, but is random.

Choice Band: You can only be assigned a Pokémon whose base attack is higher than its special attack. (attack oriented pokémon)

Choice Specs: You can only be assigned a Pokémon whose base special attack is higher than its attack. (special attack oriented pokémon)

Choice Scarf: You will be assigned with the pókemon with the highest speed available from the pool.

Iron ball: You will be assigned with the Pokémon with the slowest speed in the pool available.

Quick claw: Throw a dice – if you get 5 or 6 you will be able select your Pokémon first. (only 1 can exist) (If me first is used you are guaranteed the next spot).

Lagging tail: Throw a dice – if you get 1 or 2 you will be the last participant to choose your Pokémon. (only 1 can exist)

Turn order:

1. Wild card: can be used at any moment as long as it's effect can still be applied. Once drawing starts, wild cards can't be used.

2. Quick claw and Lagging tail roll a dice, if successful they go first or last respectively.

3. Order of participants randomly selected per round. (Exceptions: Wild card effect, quick claw and lagging tail).

4. Pokémon selection:

Participants must say if they have a held item equipped to apply their effects.

1. Each participant chooses their Pokémon from the list (cannot choose a Pokémon already taken).
    2. Random selection
    3. Your rival/ally select the Pokémon for you.

5. Battle Items:
    Switch or protect your Pokémon.
    Increase or decrease round timer.
    Turn order based on participants turn order.

6. Drawing starts.

Time of the event:
    Rounds every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. 10:00 PM EST

Can you do something to neaten up the formatting on this? It doesn't need fancy CSS or anything, but some headings and stuff would be good.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Can you do something to neaten up the formatting on this? It doesn't need fancy CSS or anything, but some headings and stuff would be good.

I think I fixed it a little bit. Hope it's ok for now. Added a few small things.

Back