• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Spiky's DS Map Editor (NOW OPEN-SOURCE)

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
Hi everyone!
I'm having a problem with the SDSME. I'm trying tô create a hack based on SoulSilver, and added two maps created at the PDSME, and removed the buildings there to add others.
Then I saber in a new rom, but It doesn't work in any emulator! Mor DesMume, nor even in a hacked 3DS! Others games works fine, but mine's not!
Then screen stays white all tge time.
Did I do something wrong?
What do I have to do?

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Apr 26, 2022
Hi everyone!
I'm having a problem with the SDSME. I'm trying tô create a hack based on SoulSilver, and added two maps created at the PDSME, and removed the buildings there to add others.
Then I saber in a new rom, but It doesn't work in any emulator! Mor DesMume, nor even in a hacked 3DS! Others games works fine, but mine's not!
Then screen stays white all tge time.
Did I do something wrong?
What do I have to do?

Does the map work fine without editing the buildings?

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
Yes, but looks like its tiles didn't import as well.
I've imported the siletes I did on PDSME, though...

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Apr 26, 2022
Yes, but looks like its tiles didn't import as well.
I've imported the siletes I did on PDSME, though...

Did you import the NSBMD and the NSBTX in SDSME?
And also, when you exportex the map as IMD, how many polygons does it have? You can check that in the window that appears after exporting the map as IMD

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
Did you import the NSBMD and the NSBTX in SDSME?
And also, when you exportex the map as IMD, how many polygons does it have? You can check that in the window that appears after exporting the map as IMD

Yes and yes. It has 594 polygons.
I did imported the NSBTX, but looks like I must import it above the original one, idk

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Apr 26, 2022
Yes and yes. It has 594 polygons.
I did imported the NSBTX, but looks like I must import it above the original one, idk

What tileset did you replace? In HGSS, New Bark Town uses tileset 2. By the way, could you show here a screenshot of the map in PSDMS? Maybe I can see the issue

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
What tileset did you replace? In HGSS, New Bark Town uses tileset 2. By the way, could you show here a screenshot of the map in PSDMS? Maybe I can see the issue

I did replace Tileset 0, 2 and 15.

Its two maps.
I put it on New Bark and Route 29.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• Sem título.png
    Sem título.png
    67 KB · Views: 88
  • Sem título2.png
    Sem título2.png
    47.5 KB · Views: 85
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Apr 26, 2022
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Apr 26, 2022
Thanks!
I'll try it!
Btw, what is the numbers in the side of XYZ on Editing Buildings?
And why is the trees moving?

Those numbers are the decimal part of the position of the building. You have to divide that number by 65536. So, lets say you have a X value of 3 and the number at the right has the value of 32768. You divide it by 65536, that would be 0,5. Then the position X of the building would be 3,5

And for the trees, I don't get what you mean haha

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
Those numbers are the decimal part of the position of the building. You have to divide that number by 65536. So, lets say you have a X value of 3 and the number at the right has the value of 32768. You divide it by 65536, that would be 0,5. Then the position X of the building would be 3,5

And for the trees, I don't get what you mean haha

I didn't get it.
Like, if I want to add a new building, I must put those numbers? Isn't it enough just to put the X, Y or Z values? Because the right number is 0 by default.

As for the trees, it's moving, an animation just like water, moving right and left, calmly like the water animation.
Idk what triggers it

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Apr 26, 2022
I didn't get it.
Like, if I want to add a new building, I must put those numbers? Isn't it enough just to put the X, Y or Z values? Because the right number is 0 by default.

As for the trees, it's moving, an animation just like water, moving right and left, calmly like the water animation.
Idk what triggers it

Okay. I think that you should't add buildings for now. That's some advanced stuff. Just try to import a map first.

And for the trees, they are moving because the first 8 materials of a map in HGSS always move. You must have edited some of the setttings of the default tileset of HGSS in Pokemon DS Map Studio

This is long to explain. If you have Discord I can explain it better

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
Okay. I think that you should't add buildings for now. That's some advanced stuff. Just try to import a map first.

And for the trees, they are moving because the first 8 materials of a map in HGSS always move. You must have edited some of the setttings of the default tileset of HGSS in Pokemon DS Map Studio

This is long to explain. If you have Discord I can explain it better

I got it, and after I fixed the materials problem, it worked. But I have one more question: About the BDHC.
As I saw on the YouTube's tutorials, the "main floor" uses 1, while the levels above uses 2, 3, 4..., but when I set 1 on it, in the game it seems like the character is under the floor.
And what the use for the Plates? I just figured out the there are some for the stairs, that aren't working (the character don't passes through it climbing), and it has no collision.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Apr 26, 2022
I got it, and after I fixed the materials problem, it worked. But I have one more question: About the BDHC.
As I saw on the YouTube's tutorials, the "main floor" uses 1, while the levels above uses 2, 3, 4..., but when I set 1 on it, in the game it seems like the character is under the floor.
And what the use for the Plates? I just figured out the there are some for the stairs, that aren't working (the character don't passes through it climbing), and it has no collision.

The BDHC is used for setting the height of the player and overworlds in the map. So, lets say you make a plain map with no mountains nor stairs. Then you would only need one big plate that covers all the 32x32 map area. The value of that plate must be the same height as the one used by the tiles in the main map editor window of Pokemon Ds Map Studio. Lets say you use the value 1 for the ground.
Now imagine that you add a mountain that is 2 tiles avobe the ground, then you would need to add plates so that they cover the area of the walkable part of the mountain. And the height of those plates would be 3, because they are 2 tiles avobe the ground and the ground has height 1: 1+2=3

And for the stairs you have to put the height of the lowest part of the stairs. Lets say you conect 2 plates that are at height 1 and 2, then the lowest is height 1, so you have to use that height for the stairs

By the way, the best way of learning how BDHC work, is to open BDHC from the original games in the tool. To see how they are made

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
The BDHC is used for setting the height of the player and overworlds in the map. So, lets say you make a plain map with no mountains nor stairs. Then you would only need one big plate that covers all the 32x32 map area. The value of that plate must be the same height as the one used by the tiles in the main map editor window of Pokemon Ds Map Studio. Lets say you use the value 1 for the ground.
Now imagine that you add a mountain that is 2 tiles avobe the ground, then you would need to add plates so that they cover the area of the walkable part of the mountain. And the height of those plates would be 3, because they are 2 tiles avobe the ground and the ground has height 1: 1+2=3

And for the stairs you have to put the height of the lowest part of the stairs. Lets say you conect 2 plates that are at height 1 and 2, then the lowest is height 1, so you have to use that height for the stairs

By the way, the best way of learning how BDHC work, is to open BDHC from the original games in the tool. To see how they are made

Thank you very much, man!!
I did it working fine!!
But yet I have a question: how can I add animated tiles like flowers? I import some flower textures from the original games, but Idk how to make it work as it would.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Apr 26, 2022
Thank you very much, man!!
I did it working fine!!
But yet I have a question: how can I add animated tiles like flowers? I import some flower textures from the original games, but Idk how to make it work as it would.

Nice! :D
For the animated tiles I have to make a tutorial, because the process is tricky. I should uploat it soon.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
Nice! :D
For the animated tiles I have to make a tutorial, because the process is tricky. I should uploat it soon.

I see!
I can't wait for that!! :D
To put my maps complete!
And about the buildings, do you know how to import one? I exported the lab builfing from Platinum to add it to the HGSS, as well as its textures, but it's not working. The building is full blank.

Years
  • Age 18
  • Seen Apr 26, 2022
I see!
I can't wait for that!! :D
To put my maps complete!
And about the buildings, do you know how to import one? I exported the lab builfing from Platinum to add it to the HGSS, as well as its textures, but it's not working. The building is full blank.

I made a tutorial on how to edit buildings in Platinum. For HGSS the process should be very similar, but the game files are located in different folders.
You can watch the tutorial here:

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 10, 2021
I made a tutorial on how to edit buildings in Platinum. For HGSS the process should be very similar, but the game files are located in different folders.
You can watch the tutorial here:

Wow!!
It's really hard!! I'll try it, for sure. I need to download MkDS Course Editor, too!
I hope it works! ^^
Thanks!!

Back