• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spin Offs...

What's the best Spin off Series?

• Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Sky/Darkness/Time

Votes: 19 39.6%
  • Pokemon Trozei

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Pokemon Ranger 1 and 2

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • Pokemon Colosseum/XD

Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Pokemon Battle Revoloution/Rumble/Other Wii ones

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

jwadey

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    Right.

People always moan that the spin offs are never as good as the main games in the Pokemon series.

I have to agree on them for most, but what would make a good spin off. Instead of moaning, what about ideas for a game?

Look at Pokemon Rumble that looks amazing but what makes it good?

RocketAdmin.

Custom User Title. :)
    Years
    • Seen Jul 12, 2011
    I think they should make, a Team Rocket spin-off. If you search for ToxicPurple, there's a FireRed hack based on the life of a Rocket Trainer. It looks fantastic and we need a Developer to do this!

PS. Congrats on your first thread, ;)

jwadey

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    Thanks PokeJake^^
    A Team Rocket game'd be awsome.

Checkered Sky

~beneath the sky...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2010
    Well, I think spin offs are created to give a wider experience in the Pokemon world besides the main series. People tend to compare the main to the spin offs, which is why they get so much hate. Even so, there are some spin offs that I don't like as well, but they can be interesting when done right.

I kind of want to see a spin off on the Wii that's sort of like Colosseum and XD, but maybe with some new features/mechanics.

I hope this board doesn't become filled with "They should make a game with all the regions!! best idea evah!!" :<

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    You forgot Stadium, but next in line is Colosseum/XD for me, so I voted for them. I don't have any ideas, I just enjoy the games. Well...most of them. Some aren't as enjoyable as the others. -cough- Ranger! -cough-

jwadey

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    Your right Silversmeargle.

But, would you play as the original TR members (jessie and james) or create your own?

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    They should make a pokemon game with the gameplay of colosseum but with the story of the original games.. :x 3d ya know.. ^^; ya.. maybeh a stupid idea.. -,-; I like the story line of PMD 2 though but the graphics suck. I like PBR for it's graphics but it's only fighting and gets boring after a while.

I've never played colosseum but It sure looks awesome in my opinion.. Pokemon trozei is just a plain game that has been created too much, I think it's like bejeweled.

I guess I go for Colloseum then as best.. ^^;

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
    Your right Silversmeargle.

But, would you play as the original TR members (jessie and james) or create your own?

I would make my own Rocket Members . Jessie and James just seem stupid and pointless and being introduced in Yellow as Jesse and James was ENOUGH !

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
    Years
    IMO, the best spinoffs where Colosseum/XD and The entire Mystery Dungeon series.

LyokoGirl5000

Lyoko Princess
    Years
    I love Stadium and Colosseum/XD Gale Of Darkness. Those are the best spin-offs, but the Mystery Dungeon series comes close.

I think spin-offs give a nice perspective on what CAN happen in the Pokemon world, but doesn't happen due to the main series focus.

And I agree, a Team Rocket game would be cool.

Last edited:

Idiot!

One shot, one kill.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    Insert random filler here.

Last edited:

jwadey

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    Jesse and James would make bad game characters :(

I like the idea of a colosseum game with a story like one of the GBA or DS games

Years
    • Seen Jun 26, 2013
    Jesse and James would make bad game characters :(

I like the idea of a colosseum game with a story like one of the GBA or DS games

Unless they left Team Rocket and tried going straight.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
    I'd prefer the actual main pokemon games, but the spin-offs provide a wider variety of pokemon experience. And they can't just keep making new main games and regions for the new games regularly, so the spin offs give us something to do while we wait for new main games.

I used to have pokemon snap when I had a nintendo 64. I only just got my wii, but I will eventually get pokemon snap back on there, along with pokemon rumble because it sounds good. I love the mystery dungeon games. I've played pokemon stadium and colloseum on other peoples consoles, I liked them a lot too. not a big fan on ranger though. Team rocket spin off = awesome idea

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    I got to say that I enjoyed both Colosseum and XD, they were both games that were almost identical to the GBA/DS handheld ones.

Back