• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ASM & Hex] Spinda and Unown routines

Years
  • So I want to make a pokemon have different sprites based on its personality value, just like Spinda and Unown, in Emerald.

Has anyone already figured out the location of the routine that decides/edits the sprites used and a way to manipulate and implement the routine for another pokemon?

Pls keep in mind I'm quite new to hacking in asm and hex...

Thx in advance!

Froosty

The_Learner
    Years
  • If you are even new to asm and hex,

then I suggested learning those before you get into it.

The pointer for those routines are know but seems you cant edit it as of now.

Years
  • So I want to make a pokemon have different sprites based on its personality value, just like Spinda and Unown, in Emerald.

Has anyone already figured out the location of the routine that decides/edits the sprites used and a way to manipulate and implement the routine for another pokemon?

Pls keep in mind I'm quite new to hacking in asm and hex...

Thx in advance!
    I know what they are in Fr lol
    If you're looking for things based off of PID like Spinda then you'll want to hook in the routines that loads the pokemon sprites.
    The best way to go about this is to look for pointers to the front/back sprites and then disassemble those routines, then write a hook and write your routine in the hook.

Back