• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

*Splash!* Water Pokemon Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    which means its going to have to be a Water/Flying type.

well, i still think it can stay at Pyschic. It would be...weird having it as water. JUST MY OPINION DONT FLAME!

...but i do agree about the Gyrados flying. Even tho i am so used to its typing, i would relalylike it as water/dragon. It supopsexd to be anyways, since the magicarp line was something about a carp and a fountain and if something happens in turns into a dragon, so...=/

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    Lugia should never even be psychic. Lugia is palce as a guardian of the seas, it lives in the seas, it's supose to be the opposite of Ho-Oh a fire/flying pokemon.

Lugia can use telepathy, as in the movie, while Ho-oh can't. That's the main reason. So suppose Lugia is much more intelligent than Ho-oh.

Milotic dragon? You're kidding right?

I think they should make Lugia a tri-type Pokemon. Meaning it'll be Water/Psychic/Flying.

That can't be right. If Lugia would be the first tri-type, then others would follow. That would be a lot of confusion and unfairness in battles and stuff.

Last edited:

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    Lugia can use telepathy, as in the movie, while Ho-oh can't. That's the main reason. So suppose Lugia is much more intelligent than Ho-oh.
    Lucario, thats a highly intellegent pokemon that shows psychic characteristics and that one is still just fighting and steel. Lapras is also one that can understand human speech and also intellegent. So that telepathy part is the only arguement you can use to justify Lugias lack Psychic/Flying Matchup, which even Lucario seems to defy with its aura powers which reading auras is a psychic trait and also his main characteristic.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
    Years
    But you can't tell that to Nintendo right? They have good reasons to have it Psychic. Being water-type plus flying means it would end up like Gyrados or Mantine, extremely weak to electric-types, despite having good sp. defense. Being Psychic and Flying it can stand a chance against nasty Heracross and other tanker Fighting types, which are weak sp defensively. And I'm not saying telepathy is the only thing. It can predict what will happen in the future(although some also can), and it's wise enough to stay underwater. Or it'll make hurricanes out of it's huge wings.

Hydrath

Pokemon Pirate/Water Trainer
    Years
    But you can't tell that to Nintendo right? They have good reasons to have it Psychic. Being water-type plus flying means it would end up like Gyrados or Mantine, extremely weak to electric-types, despite having good sp. defense. Being Psychic and Flying it can stand a chance against nasty Heracross and other tanker Fighting types, which are weak sp defensively. And I'm not saying telepathy is the only thing. It can predict what will happen in the future(although some also can), and it's wise enough to stay underwater. Or it'll make hurricanes out of it's huge wings.
    in a sence i think its a good trade off either way.

Gyarados has a weakness to Electric X4 and Rock x2 and five resistances (Bug, steel, Water, Fire and fighting) and one immunity (Ground),

Lugia have 5 weaknesses (Rock, Ghost, Electric, Ice and Dark) and 3 resistances (Fighting, grass and Psychic).

Suddenly that times 4 for electric does not sounds so much of a threat.

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
    Since when did this turn into an argument thread?
    New topic, please.
    Am I the only one who adores Wooper?
    No one ever talks about that little guy. :(

Years
    -
    I love wooper :D it's adoreable! ^^ I like it's little clueless expression

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
    Bahah. Aww, but he's so cute. :<
    I remember I would always use Wooper when playing with Pokemon cards with my friend Amanda..
    We didn't really know how to play, so we just said whoever put down the cutest pokemon wins. LOL.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    Uppa! Woopa! It's quite cute though...
    It's the first Water/Ground type!

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
    Do you consider Ice-types to be a Water-type clone?
    No way! Water-types are no way as cold as the Ice-types. I just love them both. <3

xSeduction

Water Pokemon Fanatic
    Years
    Mmm, not reeeeeally. Normally, Ice type moves are more powerful than water type.
    I still stand ground with water type Pokemon though. They're far more beautiful in my opinion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back