• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Spoilers from Pokebeach.com!!!

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Well, let's not forget Kur-- the Caterpie looking Pokemon looks really similar to Caterpie, Koromori has similar wings to Zubat, etc. They're trying to replace Pokemon without being too obvious. :(

Yeah... Gen V can be seen as a restart for the series. They are trying to replace them little by little and adapting people to similar copies of the old ones

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Also, no more "all-typed evos for Eevee". xD

For that I'm sad, because even in the awful gen IV, Eevee's evos looked awesome.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    Every gen will resemble one pokemon or the other. I mean, you can have new ideas but the game will still be based off the same idea it has been for like, ever. Hence why our darling caterpies and zubats are still there. we need crappy pokemon to make the cool new ones look way cooler.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Also, no more "all-typed evos for Eevee". xD

For that I'm sad, because even in the awful gen IV, Eevee's evos looked awesome.

I think Nintendo thought that 7 were enough! I mean it would be difficult for people to decide which eeveelution to get if there are 17 different ones

austin00081

young money
    Years
    Considering that Isshu is based off of New York, USA, it makes total sense that there wont be any new evolutions for gen 1-4 pokemon.
    Consider the Gen. 1-4 pokemon all Japanese Pokemon, and the Isshu region pokemon American Pokemon. There shouldn't be any correlation between the Japanese Pokemon and American Pokemon.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Every gen will resemble one pokemon or the other. I mean, you can have new ideas but the game will still be based off the same idea it has been for like, ever. Hence why our darling caterpies and zubats are still there. we need crappy pokemon to make the cool new ones look way cooler.
    I agree. It's like how Pikachu and Pachirisu is a region electric type. Emonga is the next one in line for Black and White. In other words, some of the main pokémon that grabbed attention or appeared a lot in the previous gens, are remade in a different way for the new generation.

With this generation, they're basically trying to reach out to what the originated with back in the first generation. Although, maybe they're reaching out for a little more to keep up with recent games. Still, if they wanted to be different yet go back to their original roots, then they're steering in the right direction. Nothing is exactly the same as far as Pokémon goes, just similar. It shares certain influences. While it could have been more original, you'd have to think, would more original lead to better Pokémon or worse?

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Considering that Isshu is based off of New York, USA, it makes total sense that there wont be any new evolutions for gen 1-4 pokemon.
    Consider the Gen. 1-4 pokemon all Japanese Pokemon, and the Isshu region pokemon American Pokemon. There shouldn't be any correlation between the Japanese Pokemon and American Pokemon.

yeah that makes sense!
    that may be the main reason of not doing new evolutions for old pokemon

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Oh my god this is crazy... they have officially abandoned Pikachu as the mascot of Pokemon in it's entirety. I wont get used to this one!

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Yeah, and they've returned to naming the games by colours (maybe the third game, if there is one, will be named Gray xD). They're trying to return to the original versions, so to speak.

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I also believe that the reason they did not release BW(G?) on 3DS is because they cut the game off from all other Pokemon and regions so they still made all of the previous Pokemon obtainable through DPPtHGSS and the Pal Park.

The Red Chain

Oh my god this is crazy... they have officially abandoned Pikachu as the mascot of Pokemon in it's entirety. I wont get used to this one!
    Watch them throw a Pokekid somewhere in Isshu with a Pikachu hat on or something. XD
    Mark my words! Pikachu will slip somewhere into Isshu and it won't just be the DW!

I didn't read that Luvdisc and Mamanbou had no relation, that's why I made my previous post on the breeding. XD I kinda just skimmed through the news. I need to keep a more open mind I think...

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021

Watch them throw a Pokekid somewhere in Isshu with a Pikachu hat on or something. XD
    Mark my words! Pikachu will slip somewhere into Isshu and it won't just be the DW!

I didn't read that Luvdisc and Mamanbou had no relation, that's why I made my previous post on the breeding. XD I kinda just skimmed through the news. I need to keep a more open mind I think...

Wait, I already recall seeing a billboard in Hiun City with Pikachu on it... I think.

Ravecat

I'm Right.
    Years
    649/155 - ????? - Basic - Event Legendary - Bug/Steel. Strong, looks like it came from space. It's a robot with a big laser cannon on top of its head. His body resembles a bug species.
    War of the Worlds confirmed for Black and White.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    Just took another look at the new types list:
    -There's a Bug/Fire Pokemon now? Sweet! I was expecting that type combination too. The tadpole Pokemon looked weird, as well as the Fighting/Dark Pokemon.
    -I also like how Doryuuzu has the same typing as Steelix.
    -Gigaiasu is a fully evolved Pokemon? It better not be fail in battle, like Probopass was.

Years
    Just took another look at the new types list:
    -There's a Bug/Fire Pokemon now? Sweet! I was expecting that type combination too. The tadpole Pokemon looked weird, as well as the Fighting/Dark Pokemon.
    -I also like how Doryuuzu has the same typing as Steelix.
    -Gigaiasu is a fully evolved Pokemon? It better not be fail in battle, like Probopass was.

Bug/Fire?

I say fire ant. <33

Rankurusu

WHITE VERSION AT LAST!!
    Years
    Yes! According to Pokebeach's spoiler, finally a pokemon I saw that I like that is legit (the cool grass pokemon that looks like it's based on cotton) I hope it's officially announced soon.

The Red Chain

633/139 - ????? - Basic - Pseudo Legendary - Dark/Dragon
    634/140 - ????? - Stage 1 - Pseudo Legendary - Dark/Dragon
    635/141 - ????? - Stage 2 - Pseudo Legendary - Dark/Dragon: Is a three headed hydra, with black and blue tones. Starts with one head in its Basic form, evolves and gets two heads, and then this final form have three.

O___O
    Omfggg. I'm wayyy excited now! That sounds JUST like someone's hack here on PC. They came up with Hydratini, a Dratini with blue and black colors and two heads. It's evolution was a Dragonair with three heads. I absolutely loved that idea.

I couldn't be more excited for the pseudo now! >w<

Haza

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    My predictions for the third legendary were correct with the color and typing. Only thing missing, and was not even mentioned, was it's eyes being purple. I hope so, I care about that more than the rest of the Pokedex for some reason...

Back