• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Spoilers from Pokebeach.com!!!

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
    Years
    Yeah he is right lots of info are revealed about a week before coming out. The game comes out in 7 days (due to timezone in Japan) so next friday will be the big day

And Serebii and other popular webmasters bribe people to ship out the game early so we can expect the coverage a day or two before the actual release.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Is this information from Pokemon Pia or something? If so, then I can rely heavily on the list for certain pokemon but as far as ALL of those, I can't trust them.

Isshu is representing New York in this game, yes.

It is from Pokebeach.com!! I mean, it is very reliable!

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    It is from Pokebeach.com!! I mean, it is very reliable!

It's still the internet. I'm certain they've been wrong before and I don't trust many websites. I treat everything on the internet as unconfirmed. Just like the starter evos are unconfirmed and that list is unconfirmed. I'm not saying it's fake. I am saying it's unconfirmed.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    It's okay to be disappointed but it's only logical. Japan is far from America. Why would they evolve into each other (Besides a slim group of some water pokemon or birds)

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It wouldn't really fit in the unconfirmed thread and if I edited the title of this to unconfirmed, I'd have to do so for legendaries, so... I'm just going to leave it. Plus, now with Sugimori's statement, the starter evos are still unconfirmed.

If this or the legendaries information is wrong I'm suing Serebii and PokeBeach. XD

If this is real, then that's most likely because of Gen 4's evolution overkill. Either way, looking forward to these typings.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    It wouldn't really fit in the unconfirmed thread and if I edited the title of this to unconfirmed, I'd have to do so for legendaries, so... I'm just going to leave it. Plus, now with Sugimori's statement, the starter evos are still unconfirmed.

If this or the legendaries information is wrong I'm suing Serebii and PokeBeach. XD

If this is real, then that's most likely because of Gen 4's evolution overkill. Either way, looking forward to these typings.

There will be some interesting type combinations and I can't wait to see the new attacks and attack combinations

The Red Chain

Reposting here since the evolution thread is now closed~

Ya know, I have a theory. I think Mamanbou is a bit like Manaphy in a way. When it breeds it makes a smaller, weaker version of itself that cannot evolve into it. So I'm thinking maybe if we breed Mamanbou we'll get Luvdisc, but it won't evolve of course.

The reason I have this theory is because Luvdisc and winged heart fishie are wayyy too similar to not have any relation at all.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    4th gen ruined Rhydon, Magmar, Electabuzz, etc.. I was furious. I'm still thinking Jynx was the lucky one, for not evolving. xD
    Anyways, they don't want to do that again, I suppose. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Chillarmy as Eevee's, prevo (I know it isn't, but it looks similar and cool) and that fish as Luvdisc's evo.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Reposting here since the evolution thread is now closed~

Ya know, I have a theory. I think Mamanbou is a bit like Manaphy in a way. When it breeds it makes a smaller, weaker version of itself that cannot evolve into it. So I'm thinking maybe if we breed Mamanbou we'll get Luvdisc, but it won't evolve of course.

The reason I have this theory is because Luvdisc and winged heart fishie are wayyy too similar to not have any relation at all.

I doubt this. Even with reverse, Black and White has no Previous Gen Pokemon at all in the games. Its even said that the two aren't even related. If it were breedable this way then it completely goes against what was said.

4th gen ruined Rhydon, Magmar, Electabuzz, etc.. I was furious. I'm still thinking Jynx was the lucky one, for not evolving. xD
    Anyways, they don't want to do that again, I suppose. Although I wouldn't mind seeing Chillarmy as Eevee's, prevo (I know it isn't, but it looks similar and cool) and that fish as Luvdisc's evo.

Actually because of Electrivire, Electabuzz was caught and raised as well as baby elekid's distributed as prizes for mini tournaments WAY more than it was in the past. Electrivire raised the popularity of Electabuzz and Elekid.

Some people liked Rhyperior as well and more started catching Rhyhorn and Rhydon. Only odd man out was Magmotar which was about as fail as Magmar already was so it wasn't much of a change there.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2010
    Electirive looked ugly. Electabuzz looked like a final evo arleady. Magmar = Fail? Not in a million years, it was pure awesomeness, imo. They ruined it, though. I'm not saying they couldn't have had evos, but they could have made decent ones. Specially Rhyperior and Magmortar (they look awful and nothing like their prevos). I like Togekiss, though.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2022
    Well, maybe Nintendo and Gamefreak didn't want to make more evolutions to start fresh with this new gen.

Maybe they got tired of creating new evolutions for pokemons from gen 1-4.

Maybe they got kinda tired of the previous gens?

Who knows?? maybe during gen VI they will create new evolutions only for Gen V pokemon but right now it is too early to create theories like that lol

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Well, maybe Nintendo and Gamefreak didn't want to make more evolutions to start fresh with this new gen.

Maybe they got tired of creating new evolutions for pokemons from gen 1-4.

Maybe they got kinda tired of the previous gens?

Who knows?? maybe during gen VI they will create new evolutions only for Gen V pokemon but right now it is too early to create theories like that lol
    Yeah it is we should make theories of that after the RSE remakes or the third game though :P
    Well I find it cool that they decided to make 100 % brand new pokemon but some of them look childish...

The Red Chain

I doubt this. Even with reverse, Black and White has no Previous Gen Pokemon at all in the games. Its even said that the two aren't even related. If it were breedable this way then it completely goes against what was said.
    Fail on their part for making Mamanbou look so similar to Luvdisc with no relation if you're "starting over".
    So much for no "connection" to the older Gen Pokemon. :/

I'm looking forward to the new types, but why must all the good ones be on the legendaries..? ;_;

Taichi

The Keyblader of The Future
    Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2012

HIDE YOUR KIDS, HIDE YOUR WIFE, HIDE YOUR HUSBAND, AND HIDE YOUR POKEMON TOO, BECAUSE MY GRASS/STEEL TENTACLEBALL WILL RAEP U.

...paired up with my Cloyster, of course. >:3

Oh man, that made me laugh so hard. I can see that stupid guy actually saying that.

I still wish that fake samurai bug pokemon was real though. Oh well, here's looking forward to the others. This stuff is going great.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Well, let's not forget Kur-- the Caterpie looking Pokemon looks really similar to Caterpie, Koromori has similar wings to Zubat, etc. They're trying to replace Pokemon without being too obvious. :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I'm really excited for the rumored "hydra" psudeo-legendary and the new fossil pokemon (especially the bird). I see it as something similar to this:

Spoiler:
    I do too, it's the ancestor of the birds in real life so why wouldn't it be our fossil bird :)?

Kyo-chan

Beginning Breeder
    Years
    I have to agree with Takkunlove7 (mainly because she's my wife and all), the internet is about as reliable as one of those supermarket tabloids talking about aliens.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I'm happy with this! No Poison Legendary but plenty of new Poison-Types... I just wish there was a Poison/Fire-Type :(

The Red Chain

Well, let's not forget Kur-- the Caterpie looking Pokemon looks really similar to Caterpie, Koromori has similar wings to Zubat, etc. They're trying to replace Pokemon without being too obvious. :(
    That's somewhat my point. I like the new start, but if you want no relations to any of the past Pokemon, then you shouldn't even make them look similar.

Though Mamanbou is the only frustratingly striking resemblance to another Pokemon. The others are just subtle, so they are fine to me. XD;

Back