• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
Years
  • Well they kept the bonus for Plat so I don't see why they wouldn't for HgSs. I'm still deciding if I should preorder both so I can get all the bonuses or just get one.

Saud-Blaziken

You Think You Can Beat Me?!
    Years
  • Jaamies here:
    Lugia
    Ho-Oh
    Suicune
    Articuno
    Zapdos
    Moltres
    Mewtwo
    Groudon
    Kyogre
    Rayquaza
    Giratina
    Dialga
    Palkia
    Latios (Event in HG)
    Latias (Event in SS)
    -------------
    The Next Are Roaming:
    Raikou
    Entei
    Latias in HeartGold & Latios in SoulSilver (These come in the game you dont need an event for it)
    -------------------------
    Hope I helped you! :)

ÇyänïdëÉX

Dr.banana
    Years
  • Wow march 14 huh, same month that mega man 10 will be released. Sounds like a very interesting month that will be. Plus 3 months inst that much to be honest. It will fly by.

Mapople <(^^)>

is awesome
    Years
  • ....... any idea if there's a preorder bonus? or will we be waiting to find out?
    well i preordered SS and i didnt get notified of any boni? or is it bonuses? w/e idk but i didnt get a bonus
    also does anyone think they will remake crystal as the special version or not im betting no because they didnt with FR LG

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • well i preordered SS and i didnt get notified of any boni? or is it bonuses? w/e idk but i didnt get a bonus
    also does anyone think they will remake crystal as the special version or not im betting no because they didnt with FR LG

No pre-order bonus has been announced yet, but they may later like they did with Platinum.

And I doubt they will. Besides FR/LG not having it, HG/SS already has what Crystal had such as namely the Eusine/Suicune subplot.

Yuoaman

I don't know who I am either.
    Years
  • Well I sure hope that there will be a bonus for pre-orders... I'm still disappointed that I didn't get one for pre-ordering Pearl.

I'm also glad that the North American release won't have an increased price due to the Pokewalker.

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Pokemon
    Years
  • And I doubt they will. Besides FR/LG not having it, HG/SS already has what Crystal had such as namely the Eusine/Suicune subplot.

I'm a little dubious about this reasoning because, while it looks a completely viable reason, there is still plenty that could be changed around and included for a third version. From what i've read/seen of HG/SS' Eusine and Suicune subplot it is a little bit watered down from Crystal's subplot sans the finding Suicune all over Johto part. For me, the fact that GameFreak chose to extend the Suicune chase to Kanto and make the player catch it later on in the games opens up the possibility of a Crystal remake where Suicune is made catchable earlier in the game - i.e. Tin Tower. Suicune's treatment in HG/SS is very similar to that of Rayquaza in R/S and Giratina in D/P, both of whom appeared post-Elite 4 and subsequently became the cover stars of each generation's respective third games.

Apart from this, there would also be the opportunity for Game Freak to introduce a brand new Battle Frontier for Johto, spice up the encounter habitats/rates of Pokemon as they did in Crystal, make the Celebi/GS Ball event accessible over Wi-Fi and perhaps change up the Gym Leader's/Elite 4's rosters, not to mention any other less obvious additions that Game Freak would have up their sleeves. Plenty enough to warrant a separate third edition i'd say. Not that logic has ever counted for anything in this franchise though. ;)

All this said, i'm still MORE than happy with what we have with HeartGold and SoulSilver and very much look forward to its release in England. I can't wait to replicate my adventures in Johto of 9 years ago with my good old Totodile. :)

Ellie

Sweet Punch!
    Years
  • I still don't even think Gamefreak/Nintendo would be that money-hungry that it would make another game out of it. HgSs as it stands gives players access to most of the Pokemon that were previously only available via the GBA games, which helps people who have the DSi and can't transfer. All of the "extra" games they've made have had some sort of purpose like that, but a Crystal remake wouldn't have any of that. The only unavailable Pokemon in either Hg or Ss are:
    Mew
    Celebi
    3 Regis
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Sinnoh Starters
    Sinnoh Fossils
    Drifloon/Drifblim
    Glameow/Purugly
    Stunky/Skuntank
    Area-based Evos
    Rotom
    DPPt Legends

That really isn't enough to justify another new game considering most of them are easily obtainable in DPPt apart from the events, which probably wouldn't be directly included in the game anyway.

Blazing Charmander

The Stray Pokemon
    Years
  • I still don't even think Gamefreak/Nintendo would be that money-hungry that it would make another game out of it. HgSs as it stands gives players access to most of the Pokemon that were previously only available via the GBA games, which helps people who have the DSi and can't transfer. All of the "extra" games they've made have had some sort of purpose like that, but a Crystal remake wouldn't have any of that. The only unavailable Pokemon in either Hg or Ss are:
    Mew
    Celebi
    3 Regis
    Jirachi
    Deoxys
    Sinnoh Starters
    Sinnoh Fossils
    Drifloon/Drifblim
    Glameow/Purugly
    Stunky/Skuntank
    Area-based Evos
    Rotom
    DPPt Legends

That really isn't enough to justify another new game considering most of them are easily obtainable in DPPt apart from the events, which probably wouldn't be directly included in the game anyway.

It is questionable indeed whether GameFreak even have the intention to make a third version to HGSS, and of course it's all down to them whether one materialises or not. Like you say, there's also the fact that almost every Pokemon is already obtainable in the remakes or if not, they are in DPPt. The only way I can see a hypothetical MindCrystal version being made is if Game Freak only intended on extending the Johto plotline and game elements from the original G/S/C and HG/SS. However, up to now there's always been a fundamental reason for the creation of a main Pokemon game (i.e. obtainability of Kanto and some Johto Pokemon in FR/LG that weren't obtainable in R/S), something which counts against a third version due to almost every Pokemon being obtainable in some form within this generation.

I still can't wait for SoulSilver though. :)

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • I'm a little dubious about this reasoning because, while it looks a completely viable reason, there is still plenty that could be changed around and included for a third version. From what i've read/seen of HG/SS' Eusine and Suicune subplot it is a little bit watered down from Crystal's subplot sans the finding Suicune all over Johto part. For me, the fact that GameFreak chose to extend the Suicune chase to Kanto and make the player catch it later on in the games opens up the possibility of a Crystal remake where Suicune is made catchable earlier in the game - i.e. Tin Tower. Suicune's treatment in HG/SS is very similar to that of Rayquaza in R/S and Giratina in D/P, both of whom appeared post-Elite 4 and subsequently became the cover stars of each generation's respective third games.

Apart from this, there would also be the opportunity for Game Freak to introduce a brand new Battle Frontier for Johto, spice up the encounter habitats/rates of Pokemon as they did in Crystal, make the Celebi/GS Ball event accessible over Wi-Fi and perhaps change up the Gym Leader's/Elite 4's rosters, not to mention any other less obvious additions that Game Freak would have up their sleeves. Plenty enough to warrant a separate third edition i'd say. Not that logic has ever counted for anything in this franchise though. ;)

All this said, i'm still MORE than happy with what we have with HeartGold and SoulSilver and very much look forward to its release in England. I can't wait to replicate my adventures in Johto of 9 years ago with my good old Totodile. :)
    Sure, they could change them around... but I doubt that'd happen either. The Eusine and Suicune subplot I feel isn't really watered down - it's just that where you meet it is no longer at Tin Tower but in Kanto, and the requirement for the second legendary Pokemon is GS style rather than Crystal-style where you had to collect all of the three Johto beasts before you get Ho-oh. The small changes from that to more how Crystal was like... I feel is just too little to warrent a game, especially when nearly everything else from Crystal got in as well. (Password show on radio, a Battle Tower - only now a Frontier as well, Crystal version of the 8th gym/dragon's den events...).

New Battle Frontier I view as unlikely - I doubt that'd want to make a third game that is suddenly unable to work with HG/SS/Pt in that area when they went and kept it so HG/SS's Frontier was compatible with Platinum's. A Celebi event could always happen with HG/SS as well (and probably will IMO given the in-game event in HG/SS triggered by a Celebi from Johto), and one can already rematch the Elite Four/Gym Leaders ala Emerald and Platinum - they've already gone the max of what we've seen in other games, and I doubt they'd change a few features just to try and get out any more $$$ from a third game, is all. They'll already make a killing from these two games anyway - what's the lure of buying another game which has minor changes to the plot and all for people when they already have HG or SS, or both? =/ There not that much different from Crystal IMO, and although they can add in brand new stuff, I just don't think they would, personally.

They could do that, sure... I just don't see it happening because of that, is all, and it's what most people I've seen arrive at as well.

Jaamies

Sharingan User
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    just want ask again can we get Kanto starter in this game without trading?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • just want ask again can we get Kanto starter in this game without trading?
    Yes, you'll be able to receive Kanto starters this time around, along with the Hoenn starters as well. Be cautious though, because you'll only be allowed to choose one of each. You'll receive one of the Kanto starters (of your choice) from Prof. Oak after defeating the Elite Four. The Hoenn starters will come after and are received from Steven in Silph Co. once you've defeated Red and seen Steven at the Pewter Museum.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • just want ask again can we get Kanto starter in this game without trading?
    Yes, you get a choice of one out of the three of them from Oak after beating gym leaders/Red. Not just after beating Elite Four once... and you don't have to beat them a 2nd time to get them either - just beat Red.

But the bigger point of this post since I've been beaten is to tell to ask in the Help thread next time. ;P

Jaamies

Sharingan User
    Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2011
    Yes, you'll be able to receive Kanto starters this time around, along with the Hoenn starters as well. Be cautious though, because you'll only be allowed to choose one of each. You'll receive one of the Kanto starters (of your choice) from Prof. Oak after defeating the Elite Four. The Hoenn starters will come after and are received from Steven in Silph Co. once you've defeated Red and seen Steven at the Pewter Museum.

Yes, you get a choice of one out of the three of them from Oak after beating gym leaders/Red. Not just after beating Elite Four once... and you don't have to beat them a 2nd time to get them either - just beat Red.

But the bigger point of this post since I've been beaten is to tell to ask in the Help thread next time. ;P

thanks and oh ok i will ask in Help thread next time

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back