• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2012
    tyros thats the rar i believe (correct me if im wrong) open that file with winrar and extract the xpa-phg.nds file than play that

Yingxue

Since October 2003
    Years
    Oh, it turns out the e-mail feature, I guess it was in Platinum, too. You receive an e-mail with GTS updates or whatever. Ah well. :)

Hamilton

*Creative Quote Goes Here*
    Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    DeSume is the best one to go with, there's a fix for no$gba for it to work, but I cannot provide you with a link to that nor the roms because the fix contains BIOS, and linking to roms isn't allowed on here. But I have uploaded the English patch some guy made on GBA Temp forums
    Totodile's name is in Japanese because I used the patch after starting, and saving a game.
    [SPOILERS] Game Release Information DISCUSSION/CHAT Thread

Pokemon HeartGold & SoulSilver English Patches v1

How to patch:

01. Open xDelta GUI.exe.

02. Make sure the tab Patch is selected.

03. Press the Select Patch button.

04. Browse for and select the patch for your version of the game.
    HGE.patch for Heart Gold English Patch, and SSE.patch for Soul Silver English Patch,
    HGEF.patch for Heart Gold English Patch with Freeze Patch,
    and SSEF.patch for Soul Silver English Patch with Freeze Patch.

05. Click Open.

06. Press the Select ROM button.

07. Browse for and select your clean ROM.

08. Click Open.

09. Press the Apply patch button.

10. A new file should be created in the same place as your ROM was at.
    It will be the same name, but with _patched after the original name.
    This is the newly patched ROM, enjoy!
    for some reason that won't work for me? can anyone help?

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2012
    Hamilton what's not working the ROM running on the emulator, or the english patch?

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    Np...and yeah, Whitney is childish--she also cries when she gets beaten XD

I have to say, i'm rather disappointed of Miltank. I didn't go to Pokecenter once from the point I entered the gym to the point I got the badge, and seriously, I don't level my Pokemons much.

In the original Gold, Silver and Crystal at the end of the battle, Whitney ended up crying like she does now. So, this is definitely a return to the remakes as it shows to keep each leader's personality from before.

As for your battle against her, different challenges for different players. I do remember that before her Miltank was definitely a hassle for some. Maybe the decrease in level wasn't the best idea, but we'll see what others say after their experience against each Gym Leader, such as Whitney and her Miltank.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    for some reason that won't work for me? can anyone help?
    Where do you get stuck?
    The rom has to be at the same folder of the patch and the patching program.

Let'sGet, I know she did cry in GSC too. I never said she didn't. It was a part of the conversation about how childish she is...not a comparison or w/e.

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Hamilton what's not working the ROM running on the emulator, or the english patch?

oh, sorry, should have clarified better-
    the english patch- the rom is working fine so far (i'm only at the part with the old man.... stupid lag)

Where do you get stuck?
    The rom has to be at the same folder of the patch and the patching program.

Let'sGet, I know she did cry in GSC too. I never said she didn't. It was a part of the conversation about how childish she is...not a comparison or w/e.

it does? ok, lemme try that........................................................ SHUT UP OLD MAN!....................................................................................................................................... running shoes, neato... saving game.......... open file again............... still didn't work..... i'll keep trying

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2012
    Run the patch as follows and their will be a new rom with the original name with _patched at the end of the name use that one. you mite want to rename it to what it was originally b/c ull lose ur save if the rom name is diff

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    Run the patch as follows and their will be a new rom with the original name with _patched at the end of the name use that one. you mite want to rename it to what it was originally b/c ull lose ur save if the rom name is diff

oh, sorry, i didn't see that! thanks! still didn't work though- i'll just play in Japanese

Oяiginal

Experienced Trainer
    Years
    In the title screen of HG/SS can you change the camera angle? Because I saw some people moving the camera around Ho-oh/Lugia.

Years
    • Seen May 29, 2016
    oh, sorry, i didn't see that! thanks! still didn't work though- i'll just play in Japanese
    It's currently not translating anything but stuff you can get the meaning for by other games, like Pokemons' names, moves or most of the items. You probably won't notice it in the introduction.

Samme!

Haterz gonna hate
    Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen Oct 3, 2011
    Just a little tid bit, I'm playing the ROM and you can only use 5 characters for a name using english letters because there is an option to do so. D: I tried to name my rival Silver but i could only name him Silve D:

Hamilton

Years
    • Seen Aug 9, 2016
    i come bearing pictures!

these are just a few gameplay pics :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 23, 2012
    Everyone with playing the ROM on the R4 theres a HGSS patch on gbatemp, i've used it and so far no freezes. You can tell you found the right one if in the instructions it says stuff about unpacking the nds and replace the arm7 file. Hope that helps

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back