• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spoilers

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    For those who haven't yet realised, we've temporarily postponed the use of spoilers (the buttons which when clicked produce a pop-up). The reason for this is the ability to produce multiple pop-ups within one spoiler tag, and so this may be abused. We are currently looking for a modified spoiler hack which will stop this problem.

Thanks for your patience ^^

Carlito-san

Wooo! I'm from South Park!
    Years
    Well,not really,verb.A member found out how it could be combined with something,to link to a page of their choice.So,it could be abused.

aRedMoon

Wait for me outside the lines
    Years
    billybob... he was mentioning another hack. -_-;;;

*helped reveal the flaw* :P *gets hated on*

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Verb, do you mean the one where you have to highlight to view the text in the pop-up? I think many people would find that annoying ^^;

Carlito-san

Years
    Yes,thats one.Sorry JK.And I don't like that one.I use it at a Phpbb forum.It's very annoying.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Oh, you're refering to the show/hide button spoiler tag. That may be an option, its just a shame about its bulky size ^^;

(I'd suggested that one to the other admins earlier -we may have to use it if another one cant be found. The other options that i found were just slight modification codes which may not help enough)

Last edited:

Scizor V

"Whatever happens, happens."
    Years
    Yeah, I know I've used vBulletin in the past and I still help out my friends forums (with the code / layouts / etc...) thats why I know a little more on it.

aRedMoon

Years
    DF dadragonz said:
    Oh, you're refering to the show/hide button spoiler tag. That may be an option, its just a shame about its bulky size ^^;

(I'd suggested that one to the other admins earlier -we may have to use it if another one cant be found. The other options that i found were just slight modification codes which may not help enough)
    Didya know that the "Edit" note for you is in that unreadable font?

Anyways...

I gave Steve the show/hide button one, but it didn't work.

Carlito-san

Years
    Corrupt said:
    i have no idea how to us V bulliten
    So?Do you really have to post this here?

On topic,is the show-and-hide the black 1 where you put your mouse over it/highlight it and the words appear?

Scizor V

"Whatever happens, happens."
    Years
    Not the one Im talking about the one Im talking about is like some-what like dynamic drives hidden content (but not exactly) theres also something like mouse over Pop-it menus

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    JK, i havent done anything to my font, so its the standard text etc.

Hmm, im not sure if we're talking about the same one then Verb -could you PM steve with a link to the hack you're referring to?

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    I think he means the one where you click the arrow and it pops down. Kinda like the vBulletin-style popup menus (Quick Links, Thread Tools, etc.).

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    On that layout the font must carry on past the profile or something, but i wont change it -you can see the time and DF which is all that matters :P

So rather than a hide/show, its an arrow with more options as to how you want to view the spoiler?

aRedMoon

Years
    A cool spoiler would be something like the Livejournal Cut... where it would make a link "Show Spoiler" or whatever, and then it'd open the full post up in a new window. Just that single post thing... eh.

*wonders if it'd be possible*

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    I don't like new window single posts personally. @_@; I'd prefer the highlight one, or the one where you click a button and it inserts the text into the post.

Back