• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spongebob saves a life!

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Story Created: Jun 11, 2010 at 5:38 PM CDT

An 8-year old boy saved his 5-year old neighbor from drowning by mimicking a technique he saw on the popular cartoon.

The boys were swimming in a pond by their home in New Jersey. Eight year old Reese Ransirray saved 5-year old Andrew Gentile by doing what he saw Larry the Lobster do when he jumped in and saved another on an episode of SpongeBob Squarepants.

Boy boys were with their mothers on the CBS Early Show this morning sharing their story.

Reese was honored at his school and will soon be honored by the Mayor of Washington Township, New Jersey.

So what do you guys think about this? It put a smile on my face quite frankly. :)
    Who said cartoons like Spongebob are mind-rotting?

Zet

Years
  • This is much like the 12 year old kid who saved his sister from a moose(or some other animal) with skills he learned from World of Warcraft.

Katie_Q

Pokemon master in the making
    Years
  • Haha that stupid sponge really is good for something! I actually learned quite a bit from cartoons as a little girl.

Trap-Eds

Dig a hole, dig a hole........
    Years
  • Ohhhh...I was thinking of that episode when Squidward choked on a fork. The way Pactrick revived him would NOT be correct at all.

Larry: BREATHE, DARN YOU!! *punches the fish's chest until it revives*
    That's not very correct either, but it's close enough. xD

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    For some reason, this reminds me of the story where a child died because he was imitating Gaara.
    Kids.

Eternal Nightmare

Stunningly Handsome
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2015
    Wow this is actually safe (means cool). I would have never thought Spongebob could teach kids anything with his upright stupidity. Seriously, a cartoon that's underwater that can manage to have fire underwater as well as electricity who would have ever thought xD.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Kinda reminds me of how I got 5 bonus points for a drawing of Deoxys in 7th grade when we studied DNA. Also, I knew about deoxyribonucleic acid before the rest of the class because of Deoxys. I know, I'm awesome.

.Gamer

»»───knee─►
    Years
  • Haha that AMAZING sponge really is good for something! I actually learned quite a bit from cartoons as a little girl.

I had to fix that because it appears you made a typo.

My mom told me about this and I just told her she should be glad I watch it religiously.

Shanghai Alice

Exiled to Siberia
    Years
  • Kinda reminds me of how I got 5 bonus points for a drawing of Deoxys in 7th grade when we studied DNA. Also, I knew about deoxyribonucleic acid before the rest of the class because of Deoxys. I know, I'm awesome.
    I wish I had your teacher.

I drew a picture of D-Day (complete with pillboxes, Higgins boats, etc.), where the pillbox was spraying the beach with machine gun fire on a test.

Why?

Machine gun spread=Light particle spread.

I didn't get marked off for it, and the teacher laughed, but...

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    This is much like the 12 year old kid who saved his sister from a moose(or some other animal) with skills he learned from World of Warcraft.
    Must have been a druid, if that's the case. Nonetheless, I approve. (:

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    Alright. I'll admit that this was one good thing.

But it still doesn't change the fact that they made that thermometer and PEZ dispenser. And if anyone changes this post at all, then I'll post a link to both reviews in this topic. Don't necessarily assume that's a good thing, because it will likely traumatize you forever.

KejiBebi

aishiteru
    Years
  • Aww this is really sweet. =3
    At least the boy was able to swim and didn't also drown when he tried to save his neighbor.
    That would have happened to me.

Go Spongebob!

Years
    • Seen Jun 13, 2010
    I liked spongebob til I read that he was gay. Now there are lots of videos in Youtube sorta providing proof that he is as gay as they claim. I am glad that someone learned something from him.

ANARCHit3cht

Call me Archie!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 25, 2020
    I liked spongebob til I read that he was gay. Now there are lots of videos in Youtube sorta providing proof that he is as gay as they claim. I am glad that someone learned something from him.

Bra, that is ridiculous.

Hm.. I bet that if I jumped in and the saved the boy, I wouldn't be honored D:. But, eh, good thing both people didn't drown.

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • I feel like there was a story a while ago where a child died or almost died from drowning because he thought he could live under the water like Spongebob. Anyways, I'm glad that something positive came of the T.V. show.

Back