• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SpongeBob SquarePants

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
  • Now that I have my new avatar,* I think this is the best time to start up a SpongeBob thread in C&M. Any other fans out there as SpongeBob obsessed like me? Favourite characters, episodes, or anything else? May this thread be as open for as much as discussion as Mr. Krabs' wallet is open for money!

*This sentence will probably become obsolete in about a week, given that my avatar'll certainly have changed by that point...

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I loved Spongebob ever since it first came out. Sandy is my favorite character. She's tough, daring, and brave. My favorite episode? When Sandy & Spongebob go look for the ALASKAN BULL WORM.

"IT'S BIG, SCARY, AND PINK!!!"

"So is Patrick's belly button."

Princess Diana

the people's princess
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2023
    I'm probably too old to have got these (only bought them last year) but I have 4 series of SpongeBob on DVD.

Everyone Esplode Noaw

Resident Russia Fanboy
    Years
  • Spongebob Squarepants was part of my early childhood and still is during my teenage years, but its originality and nostalgic feeling has left and it no longer feels like the show I grew up with at all.

It's over stayed its welcome, which is sad because I really liked the show, I don't really see it lasting very much longer... maybe five or so years.

Years
  • I love spongebob. I still try to catch the newer episodes when I can. My favorite one was the hash slinging slasher & spongebob meets the strangler

Years
  • I actually liked watching Spongebob Squarepants. And I'm in my late 20's!

The whole show looks so stupid to me, it's funny. And that show has funny stuff. I think Patrick is the funniest character in the show because he's funny and stupid. I love that bedtime story he told Spongebob about the Ugly Barnacle. Even to this day when I heard Patrick tell that story, I laugh my head off.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • Who knew there were this many fans of the folks of Bikini Bottom?

To answer some of my previous queries, my favourite character is Squidward Tentacles, closely followed by Gary the Snail. My favourite episodes has to be 'Band Geeks'. I used to just love the ending - when they're all performing at the Bubble Bowl and show Squilliam Fancypants up - but after watching the episode multiple times, it's just funny from beginning to end! Not even on a children's show level, but it's just really, really funny! It's one of my favourite episodes of television ever.

Easily, easily, easily the greatest children's cartoon of the last two decades.

If it ended after The Movie.

Unfortunately, I'm in 100% agreement. As much as I love the show, my love only extends to the first three seasons - pretty much when the movie came out. Some episodes afterwards are watchable, but even they are not on the same level as the pre-movie eps.

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • I wouldn't say I'm a 'fan' of Spongebob, but if it is on, I am going to watch it, given I am sitting at the TV looking for something...

It doesn't seem to get old even for older audiences, the humour remains so ridiculous and simple which makes it hilarious for all ages methinks! I saw the movie at the cinemas as well when it came out. I can't really remember it, but yeah..

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • It's hard to believe that SpongeBob has been going on on for this long. I like the older episodes, and haven't seen much of the newer ones. As for characters, I like SpongeBob himself because of his personality.

King Gumball

Haven't been here for ages...
    Years
  • I remember watching Spongebob before school each morning back in primary... Good times. I don't really recall any specific episodes but I loved that one about that sea rhino and they were spooking out Squidward, and that ep. where they are entrusted to paint Mr Crabs house XD. I always loved Squidward and Spongebob's laugh, but my favourite character was Patrick because he is just so clueless all the time.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • After reading Opposite Day's blog post for the day, I came across this thread: about half-way down, it becomes probably the greatest thread in the history of the PokéCommunity, for reasons that will become apparent to anyone who has posted in this thread thus far. It had me in tears for at least five minutes!

I wumbo. You wumbo. He she we... wumbo!

Last edited:
    Back