• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Look I dont care if you use sprites made by others.
But if the owner finds out he will tell you to remove it..
Anyway revamps is not the same.
Revamps are part of nintendo's original sprites, you can't ask there permision to use them, same goes for fusion's and other reelated sprites of nintendo.
Best thing you can do, is just make fusions and scratched sprites.
You'll get better and the best part is you made them! and I'm always willing to help a beginning spriter :)

Anyway I'm showing one of my older sprites, haha it's based on a drug (Weed)
I thought it was funny to make something like that back then :p

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Apparently, it's still better than what I did XD! Oh and tada The Rivals!

Theres something new, Top left to bottom right: Casey, Drew, Zoey, Harley, Kenny, Sakura, (I really need to fix her,) Nando, Morrison, Gary DP, Paul, & Ritchie.

& Since they didn't get responded to last time,

The Help, Again!

Theres something new, Top left to bottom right: Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Professor Oak, Professor Birch, Professor Elm, Professor Rowan, Reggie, Reporter, Scott, Norman, Johanna, Lola, Flint, Flint (Disguise), Forest, Daisy, Violet, & Lily. Daisy, Violet, & Lily may be in the wrong order.

Last edited:

~Night

~!~Miss Cow~!~
Years
Apparently, it's still better than what I did XD! Oh and tada The Rivals!

Theres something new, Top left to bottom right: Casey, Drew, Zoey, Harley, Kenny, Sakura, (I really need to fix her,) Nando, Morrison, Gary DP, Paul, & Ritchie.

& Since they didn't get responded to last time,

The Help, Again!

Theres something new, Top left to bottom right: Nurse Joy, Officer Jenny, Professor Oak, Professor Birch, Professor Elm, Professor Rowan, Reggie, Reporter, Scott, Norman, Johanna, Lola, Flint, Flint (Disguise), Forest, Daisy, Violet, & Lily. Daisy, Violet, & Lily may be in the wrong order.

You really don't have to post those again, especially since it hasn't even been 24 hours since you did the first time o.o

Of the new ones, the first two you did look great!
No offense, but I think Zoey has a bad hair day.
Harly's hat and hair needs to be fixed.
You really should fix Paul's hair
and I think Ritchie needs to be completely redone.

Of the old ones:
Besides the clothes, Nurse Joy looks good
Officer Jenny has the wrong hair
Besides his face, Prof. Oak looks like a girl
Prof. Birch looks nothing like he does in the anime
Prof. Rowan looks great!
Scott needs a hair-cut o.o
Norman looks like he has purple hair
You should redo Lola's hair
Flint disgised looks like a little kid to me. Play with the hat a little and see if it looks better.
Forest looks too much like Brock. Make his hair a little shorter or something like that.

~Night

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Thanks will do! I might have some trouble with Harley, and Scott, but OK! & Now, the first of the improved Sprites, Nurse Joy! & the second
officerjennyvb7.png
, Officer Jenny! I might lighten her hair up, if people want me to & enough people ask, I will.

Last edited:

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
That looks so much better! Except for the bottom right corner, but I have no idea how one could fix that so, Good JOB!

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2018
omg! I need more posts so I could post my sprites! (which I just started making yesterday, lol.....I think they're decent =p) (btw, I'm too lazy to attach a thumbnail)

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
What was the point in posting that?

Years
Here are some of my Sprites and revamps:

Sneasel Revamp:
View attachment 43511

Pikachu Custom Sprite:
View attachment 43513

Lapras Yellow Revamp:
View attachment 43512

Please rate them.

I don't like to rate, but I will give some suggestions! =D

Hmm ... The outlines of the sprites are either too dark or the outlines were recolored with the highlight colors. (ex: The Lapras sprite has highligh colors in it's shading) The Pikachu sprite needs ALOT more improvement. One of the ears is too small, the outlines are too dark and thick (ex: like the mouth). You did pretty good on the shading. ;] Just keep trying, and you'll be a great sprite artiest.

~A.R

Glitter Stain

Banned
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2018
so...
my first ever sprites of any kind
I chose to make them from scratch

atom2-1.jpg
- atom pokemon
I didn't like how this turned out

Volcant2.png
- volcant
meh, I think I should take out those dots now that I look at it...

ghostyak-1.jpg
- ghost yak
making those ghostly legs annoyed me so much

GFA

Years
  • Seen Sep 7, 2018
Yeah, 80x80 in DPP style. What style were you going for anyway?

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2018
yes, they are big, but they are no bigger than 80x 80
the yak = 80x69
volcant = 65x66
the atom... I know that it is not over 80x80

so can I get some real comments then?

Fox♠

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 16, 2011
Never save in Jpeg, the perspectives are all wrong, apart from the ant. The Yak shouldn;t be a direct side view, it also looks flat, the atom should be at a slight angle too. The Ants fangs look off and your palettes and shading need work.

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2018
hmm, what do I save it as:? when I saved it as some other stuff the color got all distorted...

when I started the yak, I was actually aiming at having him at an angle like the spider, I think the head is fine, I just got off track with the body.

I'll revise the yak, but the atom, I don't love the idea so it's probably done

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back