• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

altariaking

Needs NO VMs...
    Years
    Well since my sprite gallery is about as active as a fat guy >_<
    I'll just post this here :D
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Credit to ZOMB135 for the concept

Bumping this since I was skipped >:|

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Can anyone give me any critiquing on this?
    I scratched this evolution for Malachite. (The base stage fakemon is not mine)
    I'm assuming that the outlining is a given.

Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Can anyone give me any critiquing on this?
    I scratched this evolution for Malachite. (The base stage fakemon is not mine)
    I'm assuming that the outlining is a given.
    I like the face, but it looks a little rough. Nothing specific stands out as bad, but if were a sprite I was making I'd let it sit for a while then go back over it with fresh eyes.

It looks like there's too much highlighing along the back. Maybe instead of highlighing the back you could expand on the design you have there. I'm also not sure you need to show all four shades of the body color (the dark brown which is barely visible and probably not necessary, the lighter brown, the brown-orange highlight, and the kind of brown-green-orange color you used on the spots on the arms and legs). Actually, that spot color could really be brightened up. It's only slightly lighter than the surrounding colors.

It's generally really good. Similar to the other sprite, but different enough that it looks like a genuine evolution (compared to some which are just larger versions without much change otherwise).

NovaStar

Team Malachite Spriter
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Hopefully, in the slightest, this is better.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Bumping this since I was skipped >:|

Overall this looks really good, outlining is great and the shading is consitant although when I zoomed in on the back left (the one facing us) leg came off as a little ill proportioned. You can probably shorten it a bit to fit to the rest of the body. I have to admit that I'm not the best criticizer but I just had to give my two cents.

Alignment

Revered with the stars
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Hopefully, in the slightest, this is better.

Looks nicely done. I like the shading on the second sprite, very simplistic, yet attractive. I think the pose on the first looks wierd, especially the way the arms are :/

Years
    Looks nicely done. I like the shading on the second sprite, very simplistic, yet attractive. I think the pose on the first looks wierd, especially the way the arms are :/

If you read a few posts up you would see that Novastar didn't sprite the first.

As a discussion, what would people think of reviving Amachi's idea of a spriting duel (obviously renaming it and changing it to a pixel art duel <:)?
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81191

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    This is my first ever https://yfrog.com/1xfakemonp
    Please give some support and help me do better thanks :)

It's too front. It's should focus on the Foe, diagonally to the left. As for the shading keep in mind the light source always comes from left above. And make the darker shade a bit rounder so it will make the body look round ;)
    Officially the size should be 80x80 pixels.

As for me I will be showing this thing:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

C+C wanted pweaze :3

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
    Ok, following on from NovaStar's advice, I edited my sprite
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Hmm, the sprite seems great in it's self but I don't like the pose.
    The fakemon looks very oval(ish?). Also how the mouth in on the floor, maybe try a new pose.
    I think you have talent But you just need to work on a few little things.

A tile for me this tile. If you want a desc, click the link.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Clicky, Clicky, Linky, Link.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
    Ok, following on from NovaStar's advice, I edited my sprite
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I still see some problems in the sprite. First of all it seems the shading isn't rounded. It doesn't go round exactly by the ear. You see the 'sharp' corner?

Since this isn't a mineral species of Pokémon straight lines aren't allowed look at the right front leg, at first it goes okay but after that it makes a straight diagonal line. that should be more rounded unless you did that on purpose.

InkThePainter

The Painter
    Years
    Here're three sprites..

Spriters Showcase Thread

The one on that was basically scratched. The side sprite is huuuuge XD

Spriters Showcase Thread

I call that character "Mystery" she's based off of Scott Pilgrim's Ramona Flowers ;D
    Spriters Showcase Thread

The last one,I found the Front Back and side sprite on deviantart and was like..WOW! And I made my own walking sprites for it :D

Years
    It's too front. It's should focus on the Foe, diagonally to the left. As for the shading keep in mind the light source always comes from left above. And make the darker shade a bit rounder so it will make the body look round ;)
    Officially the size should be 80x80 pixels.

As for me I will be showing this thing:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

C+C wanted pweaze :3
    My first impression is that the background is too dark. A dark background means you can't really have dark outlines on Jirachi so you kind of get a gradient effect: light colors inside, moderate outlines, dark background. It doesn't stand out to me.

It also feels a tiny bit pushed up toward the top. It has more 'breathing room' on the sides and bottom. I like the shooting stars and the overall balance (except for that breathing room thing). Don't change those.

A tile for me this tile. If you want a desc, click the link.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Clicky, Clicky, Linky, Link.
    The roof seems to be a pixel off where it crossed the white beams on the front of the house. The diagonal line of the roof at the top is also shifted by one pixel. They should probably be a constant 2-pixels-over-1-pixel-up throughout. That'll also fix the problem of the upper left corner of the roof being one pixel higher than the corresponding right side.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

tips on how to make the blade look better? that's the only part that's bothering me.

It's a little hard to completely make out the blade, but from the looks of it the end curves to much. I'd suggest something more like a traditional sword shape, or at least at the end of the blade.

Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

tips on how to make the blade look better? that's the only part that's bothering me.
    The pixels between the last two 'thorns' don't seem to follow the curve of the blade completely. It appears to slightly curve inward at that point then back out a bit. Or, in other words, the blade after the last thorn doesn't seem like it follows the path you would expect the curve to continue on. The spacing between those last thorns is also larger than the spacing of the others so perhaps that's contributing to what's bothering you.

NiKaNoRoU

we are but particles
    Years
    edit: stupid question removed.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

how is it now? I tried to fix it a bit. also the tip as well.
    Kay, this is aweswome, it may have some flaws here and here (mostly on the fire part near the hilt, it's only dark green there), but generally it's a great piece of art and if you could animate it, even better.

About the curve, you may like it to end in a pointy way, like this:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

(sorry for ripping the blade off, but anyway you get my point. Without the rest of the features it looks like a pepper, huh)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back