• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    HEY GUYS I JUST FOUND SOMETHING COOL ON PAINT LIKE OMG THIS WILL CHANGE SPRITING FOREVA!

So yeah, you know if you right click, you use the background colour, if you left click you get the foreground colour? Well there's a third colour you can use; hold down Ctrl and then select it, then whenever you want to use it, just hold down Ctrl. :D

Que? That was my spriting tip "of the month" for, like, three months. :\

Does nobody read them? I guess that means you guys don't know about Quick Copy, Custom Brush, or 10x Zoom....

Years
    I know about "Quick Copy," but have no idea about the others. And there was a long period of time (like four months) where it was the same tip so I assumed you were no longer doing them. >:

Mind telling us about the others, though?

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
    I've been changing them as regularly as I can remember to, but I usually answer PMs and VMs more than I post in threads, so I rarely see my signature and think of it.

To create a custom paint brush in Paint, first draw your image. You can make it a circle or square larger or smaller than any of the current brushes (for example, if you wanted a square larger than 2x2 but smaller than 5x5), or any shape you want. You can also use as many colors as you want. Then, hold down the Shift key and drag your shape. It will act exactly like the Brush tool.

10x zoom is easier; click the Zoom tool, then look at the sizes available. There's an invisible, single-pixel-tall line directly under 8x, above the little beveled box surrounding the options, that will activate 10x zoom when clicked.

Years
    (btw the caps in my other post were a joke)

Hm, I was under the impression that you could actually use it as a custom brush; I've known of that.

That's pretty cool for the x10 thing. Shame it's so fiddly.

Years
    Here is an unfinished PO of a basketball player on NBA Street V2.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Years
    My only concern for the sprite is that the front of the Wii(power button and stuff) lacks a bit more detail. I'd love it if you tried to copy a cover of a game onto one of those covers. XD.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
    Well, if you look at a Wii, it's not just a straight rectangle. It kind of slants backwards. I wouldn't know how to make it look like that in the isometric style, as I've never done it, but you should try to make the front end look higher up, and give the base more bulk, so the Wii looks like it's fitted inside of it.

Years
    Yeah, the stand is tilted, but even if it was at an angle or not, the stand is certainly not the perfect size fit for the Wii. It's a bit larger at front and more spaced out on the sides.

Years
    Also, I think it'd be pretty neat if you added, for example (which is on my Wii) a sticker of some sorts. I've got a Super Mario Galaxy sticker on the side, s'yeah. Anyway it looks nice, I guess, just plain.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back