• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    lol, ok.. ima gunna try liiighten the aptnosphereeeee hereeee abouts~
    i found a sheet with some of y first sprites here, so you guys have your eyes bled out with THIS. yes i think they were even JPG'D!
    Spriters Showcase Thread

hahahha yeha i rmemeber c&c being all harsh and eliteist (sp?8D hah)
    but you peopel have gotta learn to chill, i mean honest.
    you all kidna sud a leeeettel to much like petulant children to me, with all due respect and that.... ^^' its just some pixels...
    just relax, if you have nothin nice to say, don't say anythin. thats how i work. and if someone says somthin to you you dont like, take it, it might just be useful, and if its not, you can remember for when you GTE YOUR AWESOME WORLD DOMINATING REVEN-- *ahem* no thats just me...
    where was i? ah yes. if you dont liek it, its not useful, IGNORE IT.
    nothing with irk anyone as much as being ignored does, right?

NOW, here is how i contruct a comment.
    1- something nice, it might be difficult, but it always works for me so: yeah, i liek the concept behind Pikalar, the fact something as lame as pikachu can lose its ciute and become somthin awesome and kick-butt. :3
    2-sommething useful, start with words like: however, or but.
    (or that imply the same kinda thing)
    it just seems to me (make it clear its just your opinion, you might not be right, ya know?)
    that the shading needs a little bit of work, only here and there. also some of the lineart, especially on his arms could do with neatening up, make it only one line thick, the whole way round? ooh, and dont forget to shade the line in places too :3!!!
    oh and the tail? mebbe recolour it? itll look more unified >.> i think :p
    (remember, suggest ways to improve, be specific! :3 CONSTRUCTIVE.)
    3- end with something good, it'll make the person warm up to the idea of taking your advice if you flatter them. also, it helps to tell peopel what theyve done well, that means they'll know to do the bits they did good again.
    overall, its still an awesome concept! the feet and the legs seem to fit quite well with the bulky body, i'd have never though that either~ well done, keep up the good work!
    (sorry to use yours as an example TTOTT forgivenessness?)

Anyways, on wiht my life~
    i realy like the lavender pichu, its really cute. the colours complimwnt that so well! i do agree that the mouth should get toned down, hows baby pink for you? :3 also agree that the lines need to be darker in areas to add that little bit more depth :3~
    but acctually, its a very good recolour, really clean :3 fantastic shot, mebbe try onto fusions or somthin 8D?! i bet you'd be good at those~!

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    @bluesonic: yteah, very nice spirtes, cleanly colourd and such. acctually im fond of the colours you used, they work magnificently~howevere, to me, the arms sem a little funny, on the first guy, his right arm looks liek its elbow bend the wrong way, and his left hasnt got enough... shoulder, i guess, it just looks mega flat down hisleft side to me i think :s
    the second guys right arm is too straight... you see where his jackt ends, like.. the bit where buttons would be? its just one stright line there too, this detracts movement from the sprite and causes it to look imbalanced as one side has much movemnt whilst his right has none 'coz all the sright lines... just make them a little more curvy if possible? only on his right, his left is fine to me. :3
    and acctually, to me the shading looks fine, mebbe try a few specks of dithering on like... the second guys shirt? just to fill the big space ad make it look mebbe softer? just nifty little bits like that? yeah? yeah *nod nod* :3
    still, as far as sprites go, this are pretty good !!

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    lunolf an old fakemon that i made a year ago. also i made this scratch of it
    Spriters Showcase Thread

but its very bad
    i today finally finished my redesign of it
    Spriters Showcase Thread

mostly scratch i used the outline of medichams arms custom shading and scratch everything else

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    the redeisgn is defiatly much much WAY better :p~
    very awesome, looks great, i can't find anything wrong with it~
    but just coz this si the way i am, mebbe you wanna add like,,, some red or purple or yellow, to highlight certain arears, like the eyes or dot on its head? i dunno, i know its menna be 'luna' but just something like that might lift the whole sprite up and make it more eyecatching? :s who knows, not me, i guess.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    hmm i was thinking of adding colour....ill think i jus wanna finish a new sprite

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    i'm a bit of a newbie at spriting, but here's a few trainer fusions+recolours, and one numel in which I just mirrored the head for a sprite comic I did a while back.

Spriters Showcase Thread

I liked it quite a bit, so I put it in my sig. Any comments?

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    The numel isn't an edit at all.. Just take it off the little strip..
    All the rest are pretty basic recolors.. nothing too special..

You messed up the hair on Norman.. You took away the shading, and it's too flat. The breeder is a copy and paste, but the cameraman is your best work there.

I applaud you. A trainer splice executed well, simple or not.. It doesn't look like you just did it because you spriting was easy and you didn't have to put effort into it.

Lordpenguin

Pokémon: Lodestone
    Years
    • Seen Apr 5, 2012
    Yeah, the norman one is older, before dp sprites came out. I like that you think the cameraman is the best - he's pretty simple work compared to the birdkeeper or the fishing dude. (Maybe that's why he came out better?).

Anyway, I found out that I am terrible at shading, so i'm pretty much limited to mods such as these. Though I wanna do more multipart ones, not just mixing two sprites.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Just posting here to let you all know that the September Pixel Art contest is on, in case you didn't notice the new stickied threads.

While the decision was made to put them on hold temporarily at the start of the year due to a lack of interest, I was just in the mood to bring them back, especially since the area has been particularly active as of late.

Plus, it distracted me further from studying :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    If you have any enquires, feel free to bring them up in the discussion thread.

I personally thought I was pretty clear though. Though I guess communication is pretty broad a topic, but you can use that to your advantage!

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    Spriters Showcase Thread

A sprite sig. Kamon and Frondilo, the grass starter for Pokemon Acanthite. Everything was scratch sprited except the background. That was an edit of JoshR_691's Psychic attack.
    EDIT: Made a map. These are my tiles and not Kyledove's, although his are what sparked the idea of the map. It's a starter town - kind of place.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2007
    i made a new fakemon
    Spriters Showcase Thread

yes it has a claw XD it's ground/dragon type, total scatch, and it's name is Snagon.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    Spriters Showcase Thread

edited from an already posted evolution of chimecho with new crappy name shiny version footprint (it floats but hey) and pic of arm
    comments?
    p.s yes its in the crappy old bored style i still havent got over my broken arm it only got out of cast 3 days ago and ive had it on for 6 weeks
    evolution item:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

new colours and shiny version :
    Spriters Showcase Thread

and a new name chymonarch
    (chime/monarch)
    i also think it has a sort of..extra terrestrial look what do you think?

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    It is cool but not like your other sprites, i think it is too small but it is cool, i really like evolution item.
    I think too that the 2nd one colours are better than 1st one ^-^

p.s yes its in the crappy old bored style i still havent got over my broken arm it only got out of cast 3 days ago and ive had it on for 6 weeks
    Oh, that is the reason.

Last edited:

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    thanks i think im gonna finish it in its proper d/p style tomorrow maybe but i just started my gcse year so lots of homework

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Don't go ahead and post without reading the rules either. 4 or more sprites are required for a showcase thread, hence the merge.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    hmm there not really ....sprites very copy paste some arent recoloured properly and arent even merged

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back