• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    *rubs back of head sheepishly* Well, this is my first-ever Pokemon sprite. =D

Spriters Showcase Thread

It's a lavender recolor of the R/S version of Pichu.

Ghetto-Dawg

Um...Dont Do Drugs!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    uh hi peeps
    this is my first sprite so i just want to ask if u could rate it
    the resizing didnt come out real good so
    and also its not letting me show pictures so just look at the sprite in my sig

Years
    • Seen May 4, 2010
    Angel, he had ripped the "pixel art" from IMVU. He added NPA things to it. Not his. Thats why he's deleted his sig.

Ghetto-Dawg

Um...Dont Do Drugs!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    -.- i was showing Pokemon Sprites
    i decided not to do those anymore
    it is showing in this one
    sorry 'bout the JPEG

Ghetto-Dawg

Um...Dont Do Drugs!
    Years
    • Seen Jun 20, 2009
    umm they werent IMVU and sorry u didnt like them
    could u atleast rate this one?

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    umm they werent IMVU and sorry u didnt like them
    could u atleast rate this one?
    What were they then? And we don't rate here, just so you know - we give constructive criticism. You should read the stickied threads in this section to get an idea as to what that is.

For example, your sprite is not much more than a recolour. However, your main failing point is that you stretched it out of proportion. If you do desire to resize your sprites, only do so in increments of 100 :<

Spriters Showcase Thread

My R/S recolor.
    You just posted this on the previous page, why post it again? o.O

anywho, it's a nice enough recolour - the lavender is nice, though the other colour doesn't work too well.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    I have to disagree with Amachi, I think the colours work together for a sft relaxing pikachu. Unfortunatly the striking red from the mouth upsets the atmosphere. I advise making the red softer.

Here's a new sprite i made :
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    Pikalar! (evo of pikachu when holding cluelty band)

Drapion Dawg, your sprite looks wierd around the mouth like it's been resized. It's a recolour but the shading on the green is too dark making it 2 different colours as apposed to a colour with a shadow on it.

I advise looking on the internet for a guide on spriting, it helped me out loads! I know that the first sprite is always the hardest:

Spriters Showcase Thread
    <my first sprite....

My first sprite put the off the idea for a month when i found a guide and tried again! I've only been spriting for a couple of days now but it's addictive!

Just keep trying and don't let anyone get you down!

Last edited:

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    No such thing as a fourth evolution, Supersyther >.<

You very obviously used an out of proportion Raichu's head, as well as the dominant attribute in the 'chu' being the cuteness. Yours lacked both the 'chu' and the cuteness.

Besides the mass body change, it seems to be a super saiyan Raichu. Nothing more. Try adding something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    AoT, stop being so harsh. You do it to everyone, your critisism is'nt constructive as you only pick up on the bad points. If you think it's so easy why don't you try and sprite something perfect.

I got rid of the 'chu' because 'pikalar' isn't cute!

....can a pokemon really only have 2 evos?

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    AoT, stop being so harsh. You do it to everyone, your critisism is'nt constructive as you only pick up on the bad points. If you think it's so easy why don't you try and sprite something perfect.

I got rid of the 'chu' because 'pikalar' isn't cute!

....can a pokemon really only have 2 evos?

AoT is right though. All it is is an edit of Rhydon and Raichu.
    And Pokemon don't go through 4 stages, it's not Digimon. (And why have Pika in the name , if it's a Raichu evo?)

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    well....aha i have a good idea!

what if it was the evo of pikachu instead of raichu? I think that would clear everything up!

*pats self on back (if possible)* I edited my original post so it corisponds with what i just said. When the pikachu is leveled up holding a 'cruelty band' it evolves into pikalar!

Last edited:

[NovaPirate]

And the rest went riding on.
    Years
    Not only was my criticism constructive, but it wasn't cruel/harsh either. One of the first things you learn when you become a spriter is PEOPLE CRITIQUE YOU. Accept it. You're work will not be perfect, that's obvious, no one's is. Not Fangking Omegas, not mine, not yours.

So before you say I'm not helping, try thinking about it. I didn't insult you, I actually, pointed out the bad things, because that is my job and duty. Carry on. I'm not discouraging anyone from spriting.

Am I saying that my eyes are bleeding?
    No.
    Am I saying your work sucks?
    No.
    Am I saying you should actually try, because you didn't do anything?
    No.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2008
    But you never point out positive things in people's work!

lol, what the hell was the whole 'are my eyes bleeding?' bit about?

Craig²

H a p p y☆
    Years
    Thanks Supersyther & Amachi. It was my first sprite so I was bound to make a few mistakes. ^^;

I actually really like the Pikalar. It's much better than any splice I could ever do.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    But you never point out positive things in people's work!

lol, what the hell was the whole 'are my eyes bleeding?' bit about?
    He doesn't have too. C+C is a mixture of both negative and positive criticisms that are constructive. He can't very well be positive about something that doesn't appeal to him can he? So don't go accusing him of being harsh - learn to take c+c better, and improve from it.

Though I suppose he could get a bit more technical ^^

As said before your Pikalar can be improved upon a lot. Your shading isn't that great - it makes it look like it has no neck. Your outlines can be improved as well, like on the shoulder. And that tail should probably be redone. The lines aren't exactly 'straight'.

lol, burning your eyes out. I haven't heard that comment in a while, but I think it's more sarcsastic than harsh. Though probably not best to use upon a newbie ^^

Years
    Hm...Didn'y post here much...So I made a Rayquza that is overshadowed by Mismagus.[Also showen next to my username.]

Spriters Showcase Thread

Also Stardust-Kumo it's nice, but it's a little hard to see its outline in the body, but it's okay at lest you colored the outline. XD​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back