• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Another D/P edit. Somehow it's getting easier!

Spriters Showcase Thread

~A.R

Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2024
    People, just cause this is more of a discussion thread doesn't mean that the Pixel Art rules don't apply here. Constructive comments, those that are more substantial then, "oh they look good" or, "I like those ones," are required in this area. This is for the benefit of everyone, so that people can be informed of their shortcomings and improve upon them.

Also, if I'm feeling particularly harsh, I will warn those who continue to do this over and over.

Thanks.

Years

Aww. :3 You picked the shades of blue well. And it's cute, too. However, there are a few things about it that look... unprofessional. First off: you copy-pasted the feet. I can see that. Every foot is the same. That, my friend, is being lazy. :P Feet look different from different angles. Also, define the different bones of the leg-- try to show a difference between the ankle and the ulna/radius and the elbow.

Additionally, it would be very uncomfortable for the dragon to hold its tail out straight like that. It would be sitting on the ground. :3

The wings... well, they aren't realistic. What is the purpose of sectioning the membrane if it's stretched out straight? Membranes generally only section out like that when they fold in on themselves or there's another phalange in there. Also, the bone on the top of the wing should be much thicker-- it has to support the dragon in flight, after all. This wouldn't.

Hope that helps. :D

Light_Lugia

Soul of the Sea
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2008
    Aww. :3 You picked the shades of blue well. And it's cute, too. However, there are a few things about it that look... unprofessional. First off: you copy-pasted the feet. I can see that. Every foot is the same. That, my friend, is being lazy. :P Feet look different from different angles. Also, define the different bones of the leg-- try to show a difference between the ankle and the ulna/radius and the elbow.

Additionally, it would be very uncomfortable for the dragon to hold its tail out straight like that. It would be sitting on the ground. :3

The wings... well, they aren't realistic. What is the purpose of sectioning the membrane if it's stretched out straight? Membranes generally only section out like that when they fold in on themselves or there's another phalange in there. Also, the bone on the top of the wing should be much thicker-- it has to support the dragon in flight, after all. This wouldn't.

Hope that helps. :D

Thanks. When I do another dragon, I'll keep this info all in mind.

|Maximus|

I'm back~
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2010
    I made it have an underwater effect to the rocks.Pretty much like an overtide or whatever you call those...XDD.

Rye29

Oh what
    Years
    Hi everyone. I've been trying to do some trainer revamps, so I decided to revamp the GCS male trainer. Here's what I've come up with:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

After many tries, I think this one looks better. What do you think?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back