• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    The only program that all of us use for spriting is MSPaint.

There is no shortcut. So in saying that, there is no program - do it yourself or ask someone nicely to do it for ya.

Years
  • The only program that all of us use for spriting is MSPaint.

There is no shortcut. So in saying that, there is no program - do it yourself or ask someone nicely to do it for ya.

Graphics Gale can be used
    Image ready can be used
    and I think photoshop can be used

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • uzimaki, he was referring to the fact that there are no shortcut programs, meaning that you wouldn't have to do it yourself. with both image ready and photoshop, you'll have to use the same tactics as paint when spriting.

Shadow Weavile

Roserade 1#
    Years
  • The only program that all of us use for spriting is MSPaint.

ok ty for the answer :)

and can make some one this into overworld: (please the front left right and tha back sprite in overworld)
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    ;)

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • kewl fakemon jenvy. the shape and stance of it is a little odd, but everything else is perfectly fine.

well, im at the college, and since they don't have photoshop here, i decided to use paint. it takes a lot more skill to do scratch work on paint O.O, so i did my first edit XD

Spriters Showcase Thread

it's my personal trainer sprite, i suppose. it's an edit of the D/P hiker
    Spriters Showcase Thread

EDIT: not much people posting in this forum, i suppose. well it's cool. i was able to reduce the size of my trainer sprite all around and make it into an avatar.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:

graphics_master

Your Worst Nightmare
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2006
    Just messing around and came up with this.

Not alot of deatil, but I think overall it is a good start for me.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    well, im at the college, and since they don't have photoshop here, i decided to use paint. it takes a lot more skill to do scratch work on paint O.O, so i did my first edit XD

Spriters Showcase Thread

it's my personal trainer sprite, i suppose. it's an edit of the D/P hiker
    Spriters Showcase Thread

EDIT: not much people posting in this forum, i suppose. well it's cool. i was able to reduce the size of my trainer sprite all around and make it into an avatar.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    Wow Samson, it looks heaps good. It's a shame you couldn't customise it more, considering your spriting ability. Oh wells, keep it up.
    Just messing around and came up with this.

Not alot of deatil, but I think overall it is a good start for me.
    Not really. It's basically just a blob with arms and a poor attempt at shading. You should try and base something off an animal if you want to do a fakemon, and attempt to emulate the shading and colours off official sprites.

Was it meant to be an attempt at a fakemon anyway?
    hey pep i make some stupid sprites here they are :
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    i only like the dragonair + ekans fusion
    The Dragonair + Ekans fusion definitely does stand out more than the rest, but it's main flaw is too much black outline.

And while Mewtwo + Deoxys have been done before, the other two just look really odd. Try and mix them up more.
    My first fusion. I am not sure what one is better.

Spriters Showcase Thread
    The only reason why the first looks better cause you didn't do all that much to it.

However, for the second one you should have recoloured the Surskit's body so that they match, and maybe adjust the position of the head.

graphics_master

Your Worst Nightmare
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2006
    I used Mudkip as a base and I never recoloured anything.

Edit= I understand now. I have ajusted the pose and other varous things. I will try to fiz up the shading.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Fixed the shading.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2006
    I was wandering if someone could do me a back view of this sprite please.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Thank you in advance credit will be given.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Firstly, learn to shade better, it'll help, secondly, merge the parts, don;t just stick them there.

I reckon with some work it'll soon look good.

graphics_master

Your Worst Nightmare
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2006
    Ok. I have been spriting for 1 year and if you zoom in you will see that all the parts are fully merged. I am not good at the shading because I am used to sprites that are terribly small like around 32x32 for a single house. I haven't also got a pallette so I can shade using a variety of colours.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I've being spriting nearly 3, it doesen;t mean that you can;t do things wrong, trust me.

Not having access to a palette is a silly excuse, but if you really don;t, then here.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I went to the liberty of getting you every colour from the 4 pokemon you used, so now your palette can;t be the issue. :D

So, lets see you produce something great :D

graphics_master

Your Worst Nightmare
    Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2006
    OMFG. You are great. I am sorry I was angry. Just I am a newbie to pokemon style and I am used to making graphics for much older games.

Edit : I have been working on the shading of the Marshstomp. Here it is, but I am not sure if it is shaded any good.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back