• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atomic Reactor

yes, anything to do with sprites, you can post here.
    But dont post other peoples work here and claim as your own, thats called plagarism :]
    Andthat is greatly frowned upon :[

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Spartacross, a WiP evo of Heracross

*****es wont know what hit 'em.

Sparkle

Ninetales Rocks :D
    Years
  • yes, anything to do with sprites, you can post here.
    But dont post other peoples work here and claim as your own, thats called plagarism :]
    Andthat is greatly frowned upon :[

Don't Worry, I don't. I'll post some stuff after i've reached the number of posts required. It's not brilliant though xD

Years
  • ABOUT THE CREATION OF THE SINNOH BADGE SPRITES - TRUE STORY

This may be in the wrong forum. If it is, I don't care. It means a lot to me. I'm the real author of the Sinnoh Badge Sprites that you see on those pokecharms Trainer Cards - believe it or not.

Edit: Oh ok it was moved lol thankyou.

The story goes like this:
    Back in my old forum (neoseeker) 2 years ago, we were running a D/P/Pt styled Trainer Card Contest. I made the badges for it. Then someone sent me like a million PMs begging for the badges. I was like "Uhhh whatever", so I gave them to him and told him not to share them. But he did. They spread all across the forum, and pretty soon to Serebii.net forums, where I found someone that had a trainer card with MY SPRITES! Then about a week or so later I went on this cool-looking site called PokeCharms, looking for info on Pokemon Battle Revolution. I noticed they had a Trainer Card Generator, so I thought "What the hell, I might as well do it." Then at the badge selection screen they had MY GODDAMN BADGE SPRITES! I was so pissed off that I logged in to the forum there, and started a thread and explained everything. Then some prickhead Moderator by the name of Sem posted the day after. He did not listen to me - all he did was assume that I was just a little kid trying to get credit for something that they reckon THEY MADE. He call me an attention whore and locked the thread.

From that day on, I have had a vendetta against Pokecharms, but It didn't worry me for a few months afterwards when I quit NeoSeeker for a bit. Then I seen those sprites on a Trainer Card that was on a completely different site - that wasn't even related to Pokemon! Everytime I see them, I rip a strand of hair out. It's UNBEARABLE, they're mine. They could at least give me some freaking credit! I worked my arse off to make those sprites - over 5 hours nonstop!

I don't think I've made a Trainer Card for at least 6 months, and It has helped me. Spriting is not the way to go people, ROM HACKING FOR THE FREAKING WIN!!! Why play when you can create your own game? Ingenious!

I hope people see this and take off their stupid pokecharms Trainer Cards from their Signatures. On one card I noticed they didnt even spell Trainer right. No i! When I made Trainer Cards, I would never allow that to ever happen! Back at Neoseeker I used to be up there with the best - but now a new age of 12 year old fanboys has arisen, and of course, not only my sprites, but my Trainer Card Templates were ripped as well. I told the guy afterwords that it was my template, so he gave me credit for the Template, but not the Badges. I just hope my Templates don't get stolen as well...

I hope you enjoyed reading about my pain and suffering. I hope I didn't turn you emo.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeah dude, it was the wrong section and you should care.

Anywho, do you have any proof that you made these sprites? are you sure they are yours? You can't just run into a place, guns a' blazing, expecting people to take you seriously.

Plus the fact you mentioned Platinum for a two year old contest slightly raises my suspicions, but in any case, nothing will be done by complaining about it here.

Years
  • Yeah dude, it was the wrong section and you should care.

Anywho, do you have any proof that you made these sprites? are you sure they are yours? You can't just run into a place, guns a' blazing, expecting people to take you seriously.

Plus the fact you mentioned Platinum for a two year old contest slightly raises my suspicions, but in any case, nothing will be done by complaining about it here.

Ok. I have proof but I won't post it here. As you said it's not the right place. Sorry for any inconvieniance.

Sparkle

Years
  • OK, Here are just a few of my Splices, Or Fusions (Whatever you want to call them) Oh, and some of these examples are quite old, so you know, they aren't all that great xD

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

Spriters Showcase Thread

That was a Retype of Gardevoir ^

Spriters Showcase Thread

That was a Crimbo Themed Gardevoir- And I know the wings are a little off center xD

Spriters Showcase Thread

^ That was a comp for another forum. It was to make a re-type of Magmortar :]

So yeah, Thats just some of my work. I do revamps and stuff to, but I didn't want to post loads here >.< Should I maybe make a gallery or something?

Um, Comments would be appreciated and stuff :]

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    It's my understanding that posting a topic of your graphics is acceptable here, so long as you're ok with crits and you make a post or two a month to keep it from falling dead.

Though, isn't that last one just a hair too 'busy' for a pokemon sprite, or am I the only one who thinks that?

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

This one seems a little flat, and the flowers are a bit awkward. Maybe some shading to give the overall sprite some more depth and definition? And a minor thing, but I'd personally switch the purple flower around some so the petals face towards the Pokemon, to make it look more like it's moving.

Spriters Showcase Thread

This is a little choppy around the face and stinger, but I think you did a good job overall with this one's body. I would suggest smoothing the area around the stinger out -- maybe lengthen it -- and I don't really know what to say on the mouth, but it just seems off.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Hm...I can seem a lot more improvement with this one, but the tail looks a little more blobby than whispy. Maybe smooth it out?

Spriters Showcase Thread

I'm not sure what Crimbo is, but I think if you move the wings further right, it would make them look more even. =)

Spriters Showcase Thread

I agree with Zee, this one seems a little busy, but it is creative! Just how many Pokemon went into this? I think I can see at least six pieces I can recognize. It's busy, but impressive. Where you really seem to be growing (no grass pun intended) as a spriter, what not try to include even more scratch work on your fusions? It might give them even more "oomph" and originality that way. Regardless, keep on working! =)

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    This may be in the wrong forum. If it is, I don't care. It means a lot to me. I'm the real author of the Sinnoh Badge Sprites that you see on those pokecharms Trainer Cards - believe it or not.

Edit: Oh ok it was moved lol thankyou.

The story goes like this:
    Back in my old forum (neoseeker) 2 years ago, we were running a D/P/Pt styled Trainer Card Contest. I made the badges for it. Then someone sent me like a million PMs begging for the badges. I was like "Uhhh whatever", so I gave them to him and told him not to share them. But he did. They spread all across the forum, and pretty soon to Serebii.net forums, where I found someone that had a trainer card with MY SPRITES! Then about a week or so later I went on this cool-looking site called PokeCharms, looking for info on Pokemon Battle Revolution. I noticed they had a Trainer Card Generator, so I thought "What the hell, I might as well do it." Then at the badge selection screen they had MY GODDAMN BADGE SPRITES! I was so pissed off that I logged in to the forum there, and started a thread and explained everything. Then some prickhead Moderator by the name of Sem posted the day after. He did not listen to me - all he did was assume that I was just a little kid trying to get credit for something that they reckon THEY MADE. He call me an attention whore and locked the thread.

From that day on, I have had a vendetta against Pokecharms, but It didn't worry me for a few months afterwards when I quit NeoSeeker for a bit. Then I seen those sprites on a Trainer Card that was on a completely different site - that wasn't even related to Pokemon! Everytime I see them, I rip a strand of hair out. It's UNBEARABLE, they're mine. They could at least give me some freaking credit! I worked my arse off to make those sprites - over 5 hours nonstop!

I don't think I've made a Trainer Card for at least 6 months, and It has helped me. Spriting is not the way to go people, ROM HACKING FOR THE FREAKING WIN!!! Why play when you can create your own game? Ingenious!

I hope people see this and take off their stupid pokecharms Trainer Cards from their Signatures. On one card I noticed they didnt even spell Trainer right. No i! When I made Trainer Cards, I would never allow that to ever happen! Back at Neoseeker I used to be up there with the best - but now a new age of 12 year old fanboys has arisen, and of course, not only my sprites, but my Trainer Card Templates were ripped as well. I told the guy afterwords that it was my template, so he gave me credit for the Template, but not the Badges. I just hope my Templates don't get stolen as well...

I hope you enjoyed reading about my pain and suffering. I hope I didn't turn you emo.

Wow, thank you kindly for wasting abput 5 minutes of my life. You do realise most ROM hackers NEED spriters right? I think you should reconsider returning to the PA boards if all you plan on doing is preaching against our hobby.

Anyways guys, can I get some crit on my Heracross evo?

Years
  • Wow, thank you kindly for wasting abput 5 minutes of my life. You do realise most ROM hackers NEED spriters right? I think you should reconsider returning to the PA boards if all you plan on doing is preaching against our hobby.

My thread got moved here for some weird reason - just ignore it.

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009

Sure, why not.

Spriters Showcase Thread

-takes a deep breath-
    Lights are coming from the wrong direction (unless you want to flout the normal lighting, that's fine)
    Cloth does not act like cloth but looks more like oddly shaped construction paper.
    The legs are misshapen and fat.
    Arms are hoisted up like he's some kinda bizarre football player. Truly awkward.
    The face looks less of a face and more like a mask with a giant purple... thing sticking out of his mouth.
    The belly looks smooth and bloated, like some kinda, well... football player.
    His ankles would snap like dry tinder.
    His (shoulder plates/beetle carapace wings?) are out of proportion with each other.
    His hands look like little more than an elephant's foot with slightly sharper toenails.

Enjoy.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Spriters Showcase Thread

While I'm not exactly in love with the pose, it does suit the overall design very well and definitely depicts a sturdy creature. One thing I do really like about the design though is the wings/shoulder pads, I thought it was very inventive. The chest plate looks good too, though I hope you go into more detail on the abdomen.

The hands look odd now that I think about it, I'm not sure if they're just hanging there or whatever.

I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Sparkle

Years
  • Thanks For The Feedback guys :] I know the Bee and the Grass/flower one need wprk, but they were some of my old ones, I thought they looked semi-Ok :] And There were alot of Pokemon put into the Magmortar yeah xD

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Sure, why not.

-takes a deep breath-
    Lights are coming from the wrong direction (unless you want to flout the normal lighting, that's fine)
    Cloth does not act like cloth but looks more like oddly shaped construction paper.
    The legs are misshapen and fat.
    Arms are hoisted up like he's some kinda bizarre football player. Truly awkward.
    The face looks less of a face and more like a mask with a giant purple... thing sticking out of his mouth.
    The belly looks smooth and bloated, like some kinda, well... football player.
    His ankles would snap like dry tinder.
    His (shoulder plates/beetle carapace wings?) are out of proportion with each other.
    His hands look like little more than an elephant's foot with slightly sharper toenails.

Enjoy.

It's not in the official style of pokemon, that's why the lighting is at a different angle. Also it is a mask, not his face, the horn is supposed to be the only exposed part. As with the ootball player likelyness, I did use one for reference.

I agree with everything else you said and will look into it when I get it out of concept stage.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 15, 2024
    I'm Drawing A Blank....

I Can't Think Of Any New Spriting Ideas. Can Anyone With A Brain Help Me? (I Lent My Brain To My Neighbor For The Weekend...) If You Have An Idea Just Type It. (This Is Kinda Like A Request Thread For Spriting...)

Armaina

Pokémon Breeder
    Years
  • I'm the real author of the Sinnoh Badge Sprites that you see on those pokecharms Trainer Cards - believe it or not.
    I had heard about that somewheres. So I have to ask, are you claiming just the captured sprites or are you claiming the custom backgrounds like the Kingdom Hearts background and things like that?

(hehe actually I didn't like the layouts for the cards so I made my own capture of the trainer card heh)

^ That was a comp for another forum. It was to make a re-type of Magmortar
    Actually, I kinda like this one, maybe only the extra things make it 'busy' but otherwise it's kinda fun... and reminds me of something I can't quite put my finger on.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2010
    ahhh... i put it up ages ago and even the comments i left were completely ignored .___.'

why does this forum always be so mean to little Rana when she tries so very, very hard to be kind to it?

Miss Rocket would love if anyone had anythign to say about the furret. i know it wasn't anything special, but acknowledgement would be sweet?

Zee.kthxbai

Sweet Supine Surrealist
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2009
    ahhh... i put it up ages ago and even the comments i left were completely ignored .___.'

why does this forum always be so mean to little Rana when she tries so very, very hard to be kind to it?

Miss Rocket would love if anyone had anythign to say about the furret. i know it wasn't anything special, but acknowledgement would be sweet?

Oh hush Rana, I'll take a look for you.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Scratch besides palltett, taken form the dp sprite.
    Furret has a naff palette. T_T' mgiht recolour with my own colours so it makes more sense. then and again i probably wont XD'

not bad for a two-year (or somethign) downtime? ne?
    XD' naffffffff~

It is a bit too shiney/glossy for my taste, and the lighting comes from above and below (if that's reflected like, this is a glass pokemon for reflecting that well), the front paws seem difficult to read as paws and not some kinda stack of coins it's standing on or something. The face looks slightly odd, the cheek details certainly are too prominent, drawing attention away from the eyes and mouth, I'd say soften their colors. The ears are too well symetrical in shape, distance and pose. They almost seem loosely tacked onto the head. I'd probably say widen the distance between them, and say... give our right ear a bit more character by bending it slightly further down than the other.

Overall, it's ok, not great, not suck, just ok. An average piece by an average member. Which, frankly, is nothing to be upset over, because my standards are higher than most people on this forum, and I expect the same for my work. All this "Yes, that's great" nonsense and saying nothing else really does bug me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back