• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brien

Epic Panda.
Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I disagree, if he got it correct... that could be a very natural pose.

it is like caterpie is heading on direction, then turns to see your face.

Yume Tsuki

(/ ゚ヮ゚)/彡 ┻━┻
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

eew it's staring very scary at me D: and the face is badly rounded.. making the face more ugly.. now it's more scary than cute..

Sublime

Blimey!
    Years
  • Hey guys, I tried out some devamps to. Mind giving some crit? This is my first time devamping, by the way ^^
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    I really like this one myself ^^
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    I don't like this one very much..:/
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    The flames were way to annoying, so I edited them off..

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Spriters Showcase Thread

eew it's staring very scary at me D: and the face is badly rounded.. making the face more ugly.. now it's more scary than cute..

That's pretty rude, especially considering your sprites suffer from huge anatomy issues.

I think the caterpie is pretty cool, just needs some refining.

Hey guys, I tried out some devamps to. Mind giving some crit? This is my first time devamping, by the way ^^
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    I really like this one myself ^^
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    I don't like this one very much..:/
    Spriters Showcase Thread
    The flames were way to annoying, so I edited them off..

I almost mistook you as someone posting GSC sprites. They're really well done.

Last edited:

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    here're some ones i made out of boredom. Comment please.
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Politoad looks nice, but Pikachu looks horrible disfigured... Guess you can't help the original sprite...

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Really? Thanks! ^^

And now, some crit on my first fusion would be nice ^^
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I don't like how I made the leaves looked tacked on, but I just could get them right :/

Now, I'll start on my first scratch. o.o

Placement and light source is wrong.

Tangerine Fox

82% Non-Toxic
    Years
  • Spriters Showcase Thread

I don't like how I made the leaves looked tacked on, but I just could get them right :/

Try having either the leaves face the other direction, or the body facing the other direction. The leaves are going against the flow of the body, making them look disjointed; like they're very twisted. It's a cute idea, it just needs a little work.

And good luck with your scratch! =)

Spriters Showcase Thread

(i dont like the outlines..)

Try taking some of the colours from the body and colour parts of the outline with them. Some blue speckled just here and there would probably help soften the image. I suggest looking at some old-generation blue/white/cream/etc. Pokemon, like Croconaw and Lapras to get an idea of where you want to lighten the outline some. It's a nice devamp, though; they're fun, so keep it up!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Whatever i'm still learning things.. only want to know which sprite you mean with anatomy problems

EDIT: Second try, devamp
    Spriters Showcase Thread

(i dont like the outlines..)

Most of them.

The only problem with your devamp is
    a) too many colours, you can only use 4
    b) outline is a tad too black.

Years
  • First of all: I'm new to this forum... I kinda joined to get tips on my sprites for my own pokemon game :paranoid:
    So after finding out, that romhacking is possible I kinda wanted to start making my own pokemon romhack... and with it my own pokemon... so I started to read through how to sprite and stuff and finally tried my first attempts...

So here they are: theyre my fire starters... Im not sure about the names yet but the first one is only fire and its two evolutions are fire/poison...

Basic form:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Evolution 1:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Evolution 2:

Spriters Showcase Thread

I hope you like them and dont hesitate to comment or critizise and give me tips how to make them better :nervous:

XavCtan

Edit: in case youre wondering... theyre all from scratch... thats why they kinda look disfigured at some points in my eyes but I dont know how to make them better yet :X

Last edited:

Stump

"Reading this is for chumps.."
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2009
    First of all: I'm new to this forum... I kinda joined to get tips on my sprites for my own pokemon game :paranoid:
    So after finding out, that romhacking is possible I kinda wanted to start making my own pokemon romhack... and with it my own pokemon... so I started to read through how to sprite and stuff and finally tried my first attempts...

So here they are: theyre my fire starters... Im not sure about the names yet but the first one is only fire and its two evolutions are fire/poison...

Basic form:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Evolution 1:

Spriters Showcase Thread

Evolution 2:

Spriters Showcase Thread

I hope you like them and dont hesitate to comment or critizise and give me tips how to make them better :nervous:

XavCtan

Edit: in case youre wondering... theyre all from scratch... thats why they kinda look disfigured at some points in my eyes but I dont know how to make them better yet :X

Those are really good, although the first one's mouth looks funny to me.
    ___________________________________________________________​

Spriters Showcase Thread

My first scratch ever. Rate please!​

Years
  • Those are really good, although the first one's mouth looks funny to me.
    ___________________________________________________________​

Spriters Showcase Thread

My first scratch ever. Rate please!​

Thanks a lot for the comment! :D
    Well I don't know why the mouth looks funny... I looked at it and it seemed okay to me...
    Could you tell me what looks funny about it? :shocked:

Concerning your scratch... I myself am only a newb in spriting but as far as I can tell it looks very good... The only thing that looks out of shape are the legs on the left side... I think their position should be adjusted a bit... especially the middle one since it's nearly invisible... and on the right side the joints are all in one line but on the left side they aren't... I hope I wasn't too harsh that's just what I noticed :nervous:

By the way I created a thread for my sprites since today I sprited my water starters so I have 6 sprites and as far as I know 4 sprites and up I may have my own thread :cool:
    It's found here: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=167310
    Go there and comment please ;)

Thanks again :classic:

XavCtan

Stump

"Reading this is for chumps.."
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2009
    Well I don't know why the mouth looks funny... I looked at it and it seemed okay to me...
    Could you tell me what looks funny about it? :shocked:

Imo, there should be an extra tooth on the left side.
    And the outline to the left of the sprite right next to the mouth looks kinda iffy.

And I just realized the joints do look a bit funny, I'll change it later.​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back