• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spyro the Dragon

Aqua Mudkip

LOL I'm okay!
    Years
    Aqua Mudkip: Spyro finally get's his own topic in PokeCommunity Forums. LOL
    In here, you can discuss about this awesome game and talk about your favorite parts of the game. The part where Spyro beats up the sheep in the intro is so weird! XD

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Wow...the first game's introduction. Haven't played that game in years. XD

But yeah, I used to play this series all the time when I was younger. Ever since my brother brought home the demo disc for the first game, I've been a fan. I have all of the console games except for the latest one. I would like to buy it just for a complete collection, but I'm in no hurry. The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning was just a disappointment to me. I beat it in four hours.

So yeah, I prefer the older games. Except for the ones for the handheld systems. I didn't like those at all.

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    I absolutely loved these games when I was younger. However, the newer ones (Anything PS2/GBA or up) just don't do it for me. PS1's Spyro 1-3 were the best.

However, the newest try at the series (Dawn of the Dragon) has my attention; I may give it a rental for 360 or Wii.

fade101

I rawr youu!!
    Years
    Yeah, i'd say the old Spyro on PS1 kicks 'sheeps' than the other Spyro games on other consoles... I pretty much waste my weekends playing it...

EmeraldSky

Make the Colors in the Sky!
    Years
    I own the PSX trilogy, Season of Ice, and the first of the Legend trilogy. Of those, I like the original trilogy the best (why else would I have a 100% file on all three?). Of the three, the original is the hardest to get 100%.

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    *sigh* I loved Spyro the Dragon when i was young.. shame my game broke :(.

Joey the Cockroach

Dino Crisis will never die!!!!
    Years
    shame i dont have the first or the second one. the third one i do have, but i didnt like it as i noticed a glitch when i played: it took some eggs or gems from me when i died sometimes. i wanna play Spyro 1 and 2 again.

Years
    • Seen May 24, 2008
    Man I would play that game for hours with one of my friends. xD That game was awesome and wow I just learned a few months ago that Elijah wood(sp?) played Spyro.
    Elijah wood is a voice actor in a new spyro game, and so is David Spade, i havent played it for myself, but ive heard that its quite good ^_^

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Yeah, David Spade is Sparx the Dragonfly in the new Legend of Spyro games. I really didn't like Sparx's character in the new games because he went from a quiet helpful dragonfly to...well, any of the characters Spade ever played in a dragonfly body. XD

The last "new" game I played was A New Beginning. It took away some of the classic feel of the Spyro games. There was a lack of puzzle-solving and level-exploring. The entire game was just running through and beating up the same three kinds of enemies until meeting the final boss. (Seriously, each level had the same enemies, only in different colors.) There wasn't even a secret final level to explore at the end of the game, like in the previous console ones.

So I guess that the new games are good, depending on what you're looking for. I liked the story and music of the new games, but prefer the old games for actually playing the game.

Pinocchio

~\\Guiding Light//~
    Years
    Spyro the Dragon FTW!
    In my opinion, best game for Playstation 1+2 and definitely one of my favourite games ever.
    I adore the plot and story line as the game unfolds into a world of magic and mystery.
    Loved everything about these games and wished they made more newer Spyro the Dragons to the standard they did for the first 3.

Back