• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Square-Enix Fan Club

wee187

Beat 358/2 Days on 10/5/09
Years
  • Lol, I don't see why people fuss over the PAL release being late. If I were in the land of PAL, I'd just have it shipped when it came out in the land of NTSC-U/C. I'm impatient like that. xD

You have a point though. :D Generally I'm more FF fan than KH fan, but KH brought me into FF and I can easily beat a KH game super fast. Only exception was with the original GBA CoM and that damn Card system. I'm glad 358 will be more original KH style system'd, along with that cool Panel system for magic they're bringing out. That, and having Roxas, just makes it pure win. I'm hoping Days has a bunch of side-quests like the orginal KH and II, because it's definitely epic enough.

This could be my favorite DS game, beating both FFIV DS and FFTA2, amazlingly and epicly. I'm ready for the awesome storyline of Days :D (which I.... kind of already know... damn the KH wiki) xD Still, can't wait!

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • The actual gameplay is more or less identical to KH1 and 2's but the panel system is... eh. It's REALLY annoying in the middle when you have more panels than slots for them and you have to pick and choose but later on it evens out. (And it's fine in the beginning when you have almost none of them.)

No sidequests though. :( The only thing there is to do is repeat every mission ad infinitum in normal version (to collect everything), trial version (to do the challenges) and then do it again in multiplayer mode. It's REALLY tedious and pretty boring. And frustrating, as far as challenges go. ;_; I'm three trial symbols away from my complete though eeee.

edit: But yeah, if I lived in PAL I'd definitely be too impatient to wait the ten days to local release. v_v; I couldn't even wait a few months for the translation, ahaha.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Just wanna pop in and rant.

OMG almost time for 358/2 Days! ;D ;D I pre-ordered it, who else is getting it the first day? :D
    I've got it all paid for and I'm going to do the same thing I did when Dissidia Final Fantasy came out last month, I'm going to get up, get dressed up, only instead of Terra, this time will be as Xion in my own rendition of an outfit for her, complete with references to Sora, Kairi, and Roxas in her costume, as well as my crown necklace. Then I'm going to drive down there so I get there right when they open at 10:30am, pick up my copy, postcards, and poster and get home to play it. I just hope my R Button keep working on my DS, since it hasn't worked for 3 years and just started to work again.

I just had a thought for a fun cameo boss in the vein of Sephiroth for a Kingdom Hearts game, Sho Minamimoto from The World Ends with You. TWEwY characters are just as likely as FF characters for inclusion in my mind since they are Nomura designs and they dress similarly to Kingdom Hearts characters.

Last edited:

wee187

Years
  • That's awesome! I still need to make my Zidane cosplay for Anime Central coming in May but I have no idea how to start. :( I've never done a cosplay before, really, except lame ones. And this time I'm making it on my own, eek this'll be hard. Dx

I changed my mind. Instead of playing thru KH2FM+ quickly before Days comes out, I'll do ReCoM instead. I never did beat the ps2 version because I beat the GBA one, and the no voices in Disney worlds got me angry, but I'll do it just to see how fun fighting Riku Replica and all that will be.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • I changed my mind. Instead of playing thru KH2FM+ quickly before Days comes out, I'll do ReCoM instead. I never did beat the ps2 version because I beat the GBA one, and the no voices in Disney worlds got me angry, but I'll do it just to see how fun fighting Riku Replica and all that will be.
    I'm replaying FM+ XD. And as for Re:CoM, I just skipped through all of the disney cutscenes, cuz I didn't really care, lol.

You had FUN fighting the Riku Replica?? He beat me so many times I got mad (and threw a tantrum XD) and stopped playing that game for a month. Then I came back, had a stroke of luck, and killed his face. But he is a pretty cool boss though, cuz Riku is awesome.

wee187

Years
  • Yeah, he was hard as hell. But in 3D it may be easier. Or maybe not. Cloud and Hades in ReCoM were much harder than in the GBA version. O_O So were the Cards in Wonderland.

My story is similar to yours. I got up to the time you fight RR the 3rd time, and then got my GBA game stolen. A year later, bought another, got stuck on RR3 again. Beat him finally. Beat the game.

IMO, CoM is much harder than 1 OR 2, which were both tremendously easy.

Cherrim

Years
  • Really? I know KH2 is the easiest of the bunch (basically just button mashion and triangle button) but I always found the original CoM REALLY easy and the only thing that makes the remake any harder is 3D space and the crappy camera. :(

Mind you, the last time I played KH1 was probably back when I still sucked at video games.

wee187

Years
  • Well I'm used to FF12's camera controls always so I switch it to match that. So it's pretty simple. Just I dislike the card system, way to needlessly simplistic yet complex, if you know what I mean. It's just a pain. A CoM with the normal battle system would pwn.

I'm glad Days seems more traditional, lol. :D

Cherrim

Years
  • ffffff no the card system is one of my favourite things about COM. ;_; I utterly adore it. I missed having zero cards so hard when I played KH2 for the first time, lmao.

wee187

Years
  • Lol, really? I get used to it, but I don't like it. Card breaks, Sleights, meh. I think the reason I didn't like it was because I pwned KH1 when I was like 8 years old, and then I'm 10 and I can't beat CoM. It got me mad, lol. Eventually I did, but I prefer the normal system.

Still, I doubt my hopes of ever having an FFXII-esque KH game will come true. Anything with anything to do with FFXII automatically wins. :D

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • If anyone is curious what my Xion 'Casual Clothes' cosplay looks like, it consists of a Black sleeveless hoodie, like what Sora wears, especially in KHII, wore over a pink dress, similar to Kairi's from KHII, but softer and worn tighter, like the one shown in my sig, including the belt. The top of the dress resembles Namine's and lacks the zippers. Around the neck is a black chocker, like Kairi wore in KHI, as well as a smaller version of Sora's crown necklace. A wristband is worn on the wrist, similar to Roxas', but with it being a solid black with white outlines, like what Ven has. The shoes are a mix of Roxas' & Kairi's shoes from KHII. They are gray and black with white soles, like Roxas', but in a feminine style. The laces are red, like Roxas' straps, but are tied up and around the ankle, like Kairi's.

I changed my mind. Instead of playing thru KH2FM+ quickly before Days comes out, I'll do ReCoM instead. I never did beat the ps2 version because I beat the GBA one, and the no voices in Disney worlds got me angry, but I'll do it just to see how fun fighting Riku Replica and all that will be.
    I wish I had Kingdom Hearts II Final Mix+ to play.

Still, I doubt my hopes of ever having an FFXII-esque KH game will come true. Anything with anything to do with FFXII automatically wins. :D
    I doubt that will happen, it'll likely try to stay similar to the main entries. It would be interesting though.
    I'm curious if we'll ever see a game for the KeyBlade Wars, if BbS isn't it. If a game for it is made, I could see it being similar to Final Fantasy Tactics or Final Fantasy Tactics Advance.

Join~
    I reserved 358/2
    Counting the days down. :]
    You're added.
    ~Member List Updated~

Last edited:

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • Really? I know KH2 is the easiest of the bunch (basically just button mashion and triangle button) .
    In my experience, I beat every KH game with button mashing (yes, even CoM). KH isn't a super-strategic RPG series, but it can be if you play the right game (like the Final Mixes), or a certain way. But I do agree, the original KH2 was pretty easy.

wee187

Years
  • Final Mix wasn't much tougher, but a bit.

Crys, can I see a picture of you wearing that cosplay please? O_O It's okay if you don't want to, but I really would like to see it. ^_^

Apart from owning KH2FM legally, I do have the file on my computer, and I would give it to you if it was possible to fit that big a file through file sharing. :( That is, if your ps2 is swap magic'd or modded.

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
  • Final Mix wasn't much tougher, but a bit.

Crys, can I see a picture of you wearing that cosplay please? O_O It's okay if you don't want to, but I really would like to see it. ^_^

Apart from owning KH2FM legally, I do have the file on my computer, and I would give it to you if it was possible to fit that big a file through file sharing. :( That is, if your ps2 is swap magic'd or modded.
    If I had a camera, I'd post it, along with my other cosplays, but I don't have one, not even on my phone. Not to mention I don't like putting pics of myself on the internet, not even when I used my MySpace. I prefer to put up my drawings anyway. Once I get a scanner, I'll post some drawings of it, along with an Amano-esque version of Sora I plan on drawing soon since I became curious a while ago what he would look like drawn by him and his possible inclusion in Dissidia II renewed it since all the characters are designed in their Amano styles.

Its not..yet. After I get a job, I'll get it modded as well as import games like that. I was really really hoping that KHII Final Mix+ would have been released here. At least we got the + part I guess.

I kinda preferred Kingdom Hearts II because I like the faster pace of the game as well as the slightly darker tone it had.

wee187

Years
  • I do too, but I think I may end up liking Days more than II, I dunno though. I said the same thing about Crisis Core. Crisis Core was epic, but not as good as 7, which in itself isn't as good as 8, 9, or 12. Still, I think Days will be definitely good enough for my satisfaction.

Captain Riolu

Ace Detective
    Years
  • I do too, but I think I may end up liking Days more than II, I dunno though. I said the same thing about Crisis Core. Crisis Core was epic, but not as good as 7, which in itself isn't as good as 8, 9, or 12. Still, I think Days will be definitely good enough for my satisfaction.
    I've never played 7, so when I played Crisis Core I had to have my friend explain everything to me LOL. That also posed a problem when I played KH1 for the first time, cuz I had no idea who Aertih, Yuffie, or Cloud were at the time.

But Days is looking promising. I'm itching for it soooooo bad.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
  • If anyone is curious what my Xion 'Casual Clothes' cosplay looks like, it consists of a Black sleeveless hoodie, like what Sora wears, especially in KHII, wore over a pink dress, similar to Kairi's from KHII, but softer and worn tighter, like the one shown in my sig, including the belt. The top of the dress resembles Namine's and lacks the zippers. Around the neck is a black chocker, like Kairi wore in KHI, as well as a smaller version of Sora's crown necklace. A wristband is worn on the wrist, similar to Roxas', but with it being a solid black with white outlines, like what Ven has. The shoes are a mix of Roxas' & Kairi's shoes from KHII. They are gray and black with white soles, like Roxas', but in a feminine style. The laces are red, like Roxas' straps, but are tied up and around the ankle, like Kairi's.

That sounds pretty neat. o: Puts my Organization coat to shame. XD

wee187

Years
  • You're lucky you have even a coat. I suck at sewing, and I need to make my Zidane outfit look... good. Lol. Maybe when the time comes I could get help and stuff from you people. :D :P

Back