• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staff Feedback Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    DF dadragonz said:
    You do realise it's a democratic decision ^^; even if steve brings someone up, the rest of us all check their activity and posts and see whether we agree with the suggestion. Sometimes we do, sometimes we don't, and when we don't they aren't modded, so it's nothing to do with friendship ^^; we all tend to have different friend groups, so i wish people would stop assuming it's due to friendship ._.
    I am not assuning that it's friendship.I know being modded has to have what you said.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    Cool Cr@cker said:
    This is one point that you moderators and above should really emphasise on. Many of PC's new members think popular members or those who are well known to higher mods get modded quickly. Actually what they should realise is that PC Mods members depending on the quality of posts, their maturity and other qualities mentioned.

These newbies should check out the posts of many Mods out there who are very popular and understand how wonderful they really are. Instead it's annoying to see them go behind mods, try to impress them and do all that kinda stuff.

~ CC

Well, we haven't really tried to emphasize it because no one's really biased moderations to be on friendship untl recently. ._. But as Shucky said, most of the mods who are moded are known by a lot of the community. This is true because they were active in the forum they got moded in, so therefore most people recognize them. <.<

Although, popularity really isn't a big issue on moderations. There have been a few mods who have been moded before me and I never even met them before. ^.^

So, all in all, if you truly think you'd be good enough to be a mod, just work hard and prove to the rest of the staff that you are worthy. ^________^

~Kelsey

Years
    Mori Seirei said:
    Well, we haven't really tried to emphasize it because no one's really biased moderations to be on friendship untl recently. ._. But as Shucky said, most of the mods who are moded are known by a lot of the community. This is true because they were active in the forum they got moded in, so therefore most people recognize them. <.<

Although, popularity really isn't a big issue on moderations. There have been a few mods who have been moded before me and I never even met them before. ^.^

So, all in all, if you truly think you'd be good enough to be a mod, just work hard and prove to the rest of the staff that you are worthy. ^________^

~Kelsey
    Yeah, just work hard in the area that you wanna mod hard and you will be recognized for sure!

Post your help in every thread that you know about.One thing not to do though is post something you don't know about just cause you want them to notice all your posts ion that area, so make sure you know what you are talking about ^^.

Years
    • Seen Mar 14, 2008
    Nice Points Kel.

Anyway Guys I think we might need another Mod in Game Making & Development, since DM31 has quit. Daegon has bene handling the area amazingly but another mod will help him really. What are your comments??

~ CC

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
    Years
    DF dadragonz said:
    It'll be someone who is a hacker themselves and at least a semi-regular visiter, and who is a good member ^^

Meh, sounds liek me XD, and half of the rom-hacking board (I'm a good member right? XD)

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    Chrono Cr@cker said:
    Anyway Guys I think we might need another Mod in Game Making & Development, since DM31 has quit. Daegon has bene handling the area amazingly but another mod will help him really. What are your comments??
    *shakes head* Like you said, Daegon keeps the area nice and tidy. There's no need for another moderator.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    CC said:
    Anyway Guys I think we might need another Mod in Game Making & Development
    Ya, we're already talking about that ^^ Daegon had requested a while back another mod starting march in that area

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Hey sry to be offtopic but I just wanted to pop in and say that even though I had doubts about the new mods...they are all doing a top knotch job! Keep up the good work guys :D

Years
    King Shuckle said:
    Is there any talk on who will be the mod for the NDS section?
    Dunno yet.I just got done with moving all the topics that deal with the sub over there.Im sure we'll have one soon though, as it will be very active most likely.

Amphros23 said:
    Hey sry to be offtopic but I just wanted to pop in and say that even though I had doubts about the new mods...they are all doing a top knotch job! Keep up the good work guys :D.

Hey, are you talking about me XD.If you are thanks, and al our other new mods are doing well also!

nicoleb

Whannell's hot.
    Years
    There are lots a different mods on sites such as these. (Popular Pokemon forums, I mean). Such as Serebii, Pokemon Elite, Bulbasaur's Garden, Pikachu Den, etc. I don't really like it how some people get to be mods on more than one forum. They must be good at it, I guess. My favorite kind of mods are the ones who look out for people, stand up for other members rather than taking the side of ANOTHER mod, ones that are fair, and understanding. Also mods that don't think they're "better" than the rest of us for being mods, and saying things like; "you'll never become a mod, bla, bla, bla."

Whether it's a "member", or a "mod" who's been in the wrong, I usually say something to them, even if it isn't any of my business. Some people are made mods for stupid reasons, too. Like, being the friend of a webmaster and become a mod seems to be common at some forums. I think it's really unfair. Since some of them are not fit to be mods. -I AM NOT flaming. Just saying, that some of the mods have NO IDEA what they are doing. They swear, flame and spam just like some of the other members. The ones who do this should be demoded strait away.

Don't actually have any comments or complaints on mods at the present. Just wanted to voice my opinion. -But, then, I don't really remember a lot of things about mods. ^_^ Except that I like Jasmine, Cronis and Crystal Mew over at serebii. They're good mods to me...

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    The mods that we have to a good job, and as i mentioned earlier, since it's a democratic decision as to who to mod, people aren't modded for friendship as we don't have the same friendship groups ^^
    If you see a mod flaming, please report them to the higher staff.
    I just hope you don't make generalisations about PC based on your experiences at other forums ^^;

Ya, we'll talk about NDS ^^

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    I was going to ask about NDS... *flutters eyelashes* XD

As for nicoleb's comments, don't worry, Coolcatfish isn't a friend of Steve or Kwesi XD

Years
    Mr Cat Dog said:
    I was going to ask about NDS... *flutters eyelashes* XD

As for nicoleb's comments, don't worry, Coolcatfish isn't a friend of Steve or Kwesi XD
    I asked XD, and I suggested you as well for it ^_^.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    NDS isn't even 24 hours old, why does it need moderation? A forum shouldn't need a moderator unless things become problematic... =\

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I have a question I think that all members besides that staff should see who gave them rep under some conditions or something like that.Because there has been a lot of threads about random rep.It could be better for everything.

Years
    Bad bad idea!Member will abuse it like rep.They seewo gives it to them they'll do it back and it'll make rep abuse worse.The upper staff can see who reps you anyways in the admin cp, so if you are having troubles with it then PM a Praetor or up.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Naw, being able to see who gave rep would just result in even more abuse ^^; people would form bad-repping rings where they get angry at someone for bad repping them, and then bad rep them back, as well as getting their friends to bad rep them.
    It's really not worth it ^^;

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    DarkShadowSmoke said:
    Bad bad idea!Member will abuse it like rep.They see who gives it to them they'll do it back and it'll make rep abuse worse.The upper staff can see who reps you anyways in the admin cp, so if you are having troubles with it then PM a Praetor or up.
    They could report it and I said under some conditions like if the member is mature enough to not do something like that.

Years
    You can already do that by telling an admin if they can search your rep cause you have been getting random rep alot.It's just saffer this way.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back