• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staff Feedback Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    Can't say that I disagree. Nowadays, Fun time is more like an anti-postcount dump for threads with the slightest bit of drifting.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Ashlein said:
    Also having too many different catagories only promotes spam.
    Quite the opposite really ^^; having enough categories stops people from feeling the need to begin talking about a topic (within any thread) that isn't covered on the boards, and thereby off-topicing the thread they are talking in
    Ashlein said:
    Also, you know you can MOVE topics.
    It wouldn't be fair just to move someone's whole thread because other people started off-topicing in it ^^; If a thread has seriously gone off-topic then it can be split and moved to funtime. Funtime acts as an area where off-topicing is more free to happen, so if you don't like the subject of any thread around PC you can just talk there, rather than off-topicing someone's thread and making us split and move it due to what you've posted =\
    It's about having consideration for the creater or topic of the thread, and so that other people posting in the thread can keep up (if they're having to wade thru off-topicing, it can become very confusing) ^^

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    DF Dadragonz said:
    Quite the opposite really ^^; having enough categories stops people from feeling the need to begin talking about a topic (within any thread) that isn't covered on the boards, and thereby off-topicing the thread they are talking in
    No matter how many categories we have, that isn't allowed...

DF Dadragonz said:
    It wouldn't be fair just to move someone's whole thread because other people started off-topicing in it ^^; If a thread has seriously gone off-topic then it can be split and moved to funtime. Funtime acts as an area where off-topicing is more free to happen, so if you don't like the subject of any thread around PC you can just talk there, rather than off-topicing someone's thread and making us split and move it due to what you've posted =\
    It's about having consideration for the creater or topic of the thread, and so that other people posting in the thread can keep up (if they're having to wade thru off-topicing, it can become very confusing) ^^
    But Arcanine's post says it all. Fun time is supposed to be used for games, yet nowadays, it's turned into a drift dump. If you're going to do that, at least edit the description of it. =\

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Tyler said:
    No matter how many categories we have, that isn't allowed...
    ..what do you mean? ^^;

I haven't split a thread into FT yet, as i haven't come across one that is that much of a problem =\ The choice is really either have the posts deleted, or moved to FT, so im sure people would rather have them moved to FT if the problem gets to be that bad ^^; most off-topicing involves random DCC posts, OC posts, or *throws* style FT posts, so they can just be moved to their relevant section
    Really, people shouldn't off-topic so drastically for a thread to have to be split ^^; taking their convo elsewhere isn't hard ^^;

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    I meant, splitting to a forum other than Fun time.

And no matter if we have 3 forums or 100 forums (exaggeration), going into random threads and purposely drifting isn't allowed.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    And no matter if we have 3 forums or 100 forums (exaggeration), going into random threads and purposely drifting isn't allowed
    Yeah, i never said it was O.o i said that we have that many sections to help members stop from feeling the need to drift, not to allow drifting to happen ^^;

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    Kyogre-chan said:
    Can't say that I disagree. Nowadays, Fun time is more like an anti-postcount dump for threads with the slightest bit of drifting.
    It's true. When Kwesi started Fun Time it was the only forum where posts didn't count. We wanted a forum where posts didn't count for threads like The One Above. Where it's a game but not really something for OC because it's not really talking about anything. But now days it has turned into a forum where pointless threads are dumped that might get some posts.
    Sad how it went from a game forum to a type of "spam dump". -_-;;

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Though

Arcanine said:
    It's true. When Kwesi started Fun Time it was the only forum where posts didn't count. We wanted a forum where posts didn't count for threads like The One Above. Where it's a game but not really something for OC because it's not really talking about anything. But now days it has turned into a forum where pointless threads are dumped that might get some posts.
    Sad how it went from a game forum to a type of "spam dump". -_-;;
    By the way you are saying it.That and the Unknown Duegon are very much alike.Many threads arent needed a lot in a way.Shouldn't funtime be deleted then or be like the T Dome like you cant post in it anymore and and a new one will be made with some rules.Funtime is mainly a froum where members can spam withoug getting in trouble.Does anybody get my point.

Last edited:

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    MegaDitto said:
    By the way you are saying it.That and the Unknown Duegon are very much alike,Should'nt funtime be deleted then or be like the T Dome like you cant post in it anymore and and a new one will be made with some rules.
    No what I'm saying is it should be a game forum again. If a thread is pointless then it should be locked, not moved to Fun Time just because posts don't count in there. It's like moving a pointless thread to Pok?mon Trivia & Games just because posts also don't count there.
    But not locked or deleted or anything. Lots of members have fun with them games and so on. But I just don't like seeing it being used as a place to drop off pointless threads (all I'm saying is, it started out as a game forum, it should stay that way).

Cool Cr@cker

I am now Chrono Cr@cker
    Years
    Is'nt this called "Staff Feedback Thread". *Hides in fear as the mighty Andy comes marching with a sword*. Hey I was just asking.

Anyway, since people do discuss a lot about forums here, why don't you change it to "Staff/ Forum Feedback thread", I'm kinda serious here.

~ CC

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    If people have forum ideas, they are posted in a new thread. If this was forum/staff feedback, the main CQ&F area would basically be empty ^^;
    Please just keep staff feedback here, and ideas about PC as a whole to threads in CQ&F ^^

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    *points at CC* Like I said, drifting occurs all the time. No need to complain, we were talking about how the staff use Fun time in Pok?Land as a spam dump. =\

And MegaD, FtiP _isn't_ a place where you can "spam without getting in trouble", but rather a place where you can play games that don't add to your postcount, hence the name "Fun time in Pok?Land." Same with Pok?mon Trivia and Games.

And that's exactly my point. Spam isn't allowed anywhere on PC, which was why disabling postcount in FtiP/PTaG serves no purpose. Whether you're playing a game or not, you're still posting, and that's the purpose of postcount - showing how many posts you've made. But yeah, I'm not getting into that again...

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    I never really said that.It like it is.Its not bad froum and my question was answered.

MegaDitto

Windsor ™
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2013
    Kyogre-chan said:
    Um, I gave a different answer. >_>;
    Oh I was talking about when you said the place where you can spam without getting in trouble.

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
    Years
    Meh, why the lack of moderation in the rom-hacking board? I view nearly every new thread and quite a few need to be moved/edited and such. At one stage a thread was in Hacks Showcase for over a week, when it belonged in Game Developement, weird, I try to help out, but I think there should be a new mod, too many messy posts all over the place >.>;

EVA-01

Looking at Mewthree's past
    Years
    Meh, the majority of my posts are from that place XD It is my home! But yeah, it does need a good clean out :\

Kylie-chan

[span="background:#000; padding: 2px 10px;"][color
    Years
    Kyogre-chan said:

And that's exactly my point. Spam isn't allowed anywhere on PC, which was why disabling postcount in FtiP/PTaG serves no purpose. Whether you're playing a game or not, you're still posting, and that's the purpose of postcount - showing how many posts you've made. But yeah, I'm not getting into that again...
    I actually agree with that. XD

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    It's true. The idea of postcount is to show how many posts you've made, so anti-postcount areas pretty much defeat the purpose of it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back