• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Staff Feedback Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    It's difficult to tell exactly how long they are online for. A lot are online, even though they don't post as much they still close threads and do their jobs etc.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Completely agreed with Claire...
    Ya know, I almost never see Daegeon Kimeon (spelling? o_o) posting, but I do see threads clodsed by him~

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    Have a look at the mod log, most of the inactive mods probably have a short log. I think so, anyway. The point is that while some of these mods keep their positions, other more active, moderate members are being neglected. Also, like I said before, since most of the inactive mods are busy, a demotion may benefit them, as it's one less thing they need to worry about.

Castrainer

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Yesh, ya kinda got a point~
    But I cant demod them Personally, so yah, we are in the same position as before~ o_O

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    As long as they continue their jobs
    eg. Daegon has 115mod logs and has done a mod job 11 times since the 2nd feb (which is high, but to be honest is unimportant as the activity which will occur in the forum depends on how popular it is), hence my point about non-posting not being related to non-job-doing.
    As long as they are still doing their job, it isnt a requirement of the long-term resident mods to post all the time. Activity is more choice as long as the job gets done

If a mod becomes too mod-inactive they are PMed and demodded if the mod inactivity-can't improve.

Spectrum

In need of an oil change
    Years
    No, not Daegon. He's fine, I see him around nearly every day. All I'm trying to say is that there are members who could relieve those inactive mods by taking over for them. ^_^;

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    But im sure if they found it a hassle, they'd either PM or just stop coming
    If there is anyone who wishes to relieve their mod status then they're more than welcome to ^^

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    DF, isn't this discussion turning into something we should discuss in the lounge?

Digital Phoenix:
    I can honestly tell you, I'm not on PC that much, but I am on at least 6 days a week. Each time I sign on the first thing I do is check the four forums I mod. After that I check the lounge & any other places of interest. All this is usually done within maybe an hour to two hours depending on how much I post, which btw, isn't much.

Now, take into consideration all I've just stated. I mod two forums & two subforums with a total of four modded areas as stated above.

- Trainer Cards
    - Sprite Comics
    - Other Anime/Manga
    - Home of the Sprites

TCards is posted in maybe 5 times every other day. Sprite comics is posted in maybe 10 times every other day. Other Anime/Manga is an oddball forum - Sometimes it'll go a whole day without one post & the next it'll have 4 new threads & 40 something new posts. HotS is really the only constantly active forum I mod. Now, TCards & SCs don't require me to be on much, Other A/M is over constant watch by Blue, & every time HotS seems to have trouble, one of the many S-Mods or Admins solve the problem. This isn't to say I don't check these forums at all ("Each time I sign on the first thing I do is check the four forums I mod."), but it's really not all that hard to see that I'm not required to be online at PC as much as you seem to think. Of course, I'm not away from PC just for the sake of being away. I have school, a job, & what I'd like to call, a life. Yeah, I actually have one of those. It's not always easy to be online as much as some of the younger mods feel you should be. Maybe if they had jobs, relationships, or even maybe *gasp* a life, they'd understand. Look, I love PC & I'm really happy to mod at PC. So if I'm one of those members who isn't quite active enough in your book, well... Your book just sucks then, lol. I believe you can apply what I've just said to many of the other mods who aren't online at PC a lot.

Now that I've sit here & countered your "we need to get rid of certain staffers & mod other members" logic, I'm going to agree with you, lol. Sure, there are a few mods who are genuinely not active, which is why I think we should discuss this further in the lounge! *nudges DF*

ACManga said:
    i agree with Stevo AND Tyler. the most active members at PC now should be modded, and replace the innactive mods, then a few of the mods should be promoted, and so on. *shrugs*
    That's totally stupid. Here's why:

Say for the sake of example, Maca wasn't banned & he was currently the most active member. According to your logic, we should mod him. WTF!?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    If you really feel that there is a mod who is inactive then PM one of the praetors/admins and they'll look into their mod logs ^^ (posting a thread in the lounge may be hurtful if the mod feels that they are doing a good job). Before doing this though, check whether the forum has been continually dealt with by higher staff, as opposed to the mods of that area (since less active areas don't require as active modding behaviour).

Years
    We have tons of members who are on alot.But they aren't mods.And it doesn't mean anything.
    The same thing can happen even if we get new staff.Maybe there should be an agreement that a members has to to make when the get their promotion PM.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    We have mod rules, but you can't predict your life for months in advance regarding activity on PC ^^; mods become mods with the best intentions to be active ^^

Years
    Yeah, I don't doubt any of the higher staffs reasons for picking mods.They always do what is best.
    But the activness is on the mod ^^.But the ones that are active are awesome.
    And waaaah no mods are on right now o.0 crazy.It's not a bad thing, it's just a rare thing lol.

Last edited:

Trent

TrentTech Founder
    Years
    Here's a list of inactive staff:

? DM31
    Hasn't been on for 21 days

? Zapchu
    Hasn't been on for 28 days

*Looks at list* Wow...I thought it'd be longer...

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Zapchu is in college, so it's okay that she misses a while here afterall college is a lot more important then PC ^^; About the other guy...I'll look into him

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    Actually, Zappy's currently on vacation in Japan. No idea as to when she'll be back, though. o.o

And DM31 rarely visits PC anymore. :\

KoBRe LaiR

Pokemon Forest Nature ©
    Years
    PGNFounder said:
    Here's a list of inactive staff:

? DM31
    Hasn't been on for 21 days

? Zapchu
    Hasn't been on for 28 days

*Looks at list* Wow...I thought it'd be longer...
    There are some people who can't access PC for a while for system problems, which some of them aren't able to post a temp leaving thread on Mod Lounge. Just because they are out for almost a month doesn't make them candidates for demotion. They earned their position in the forum. So atleast they should be given some time or some other way to see the problem solved. I know that Zapchu chose herself to be invisible and when she logs in, which is now rarely mods and members can't see her but the higher staff can. DM31 may have had some problems or something ith family or computer wise.
    If you are gonna demod someone, you shouldn't base it off a month, give it some time of about four to six months. And see if anything still happens.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    I thopught Zapchu already endded her vaction? o.o As for the demodding thing I saw two months with no notice should be enough ^^;

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2011
    Yeah, zappy's in japan at the moment. She shouldn't be de-admined because of that @.@
    I'll bring up DM31 with the others since it has almost been a month, and a much longer time since any mod behaviour has occurred.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    Zappy was on the other day. o_O She doesn't have much time, though, so she tends to browse on invisible mode. ^_^;

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
    Yup - I've seen Zappy stalking people on invisible mode... anyways, she can't be demoted, as PC is sort of her forum XD
    As for DM... well, he hasn't been on for a while, and if he is demoted, I'm sure Daegon will be able to handle it on his own. He hsa been doing so for a month at least XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back