• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Star Trek

Is it a good idea to do a Star Trek Themed Roleplay?

• This is a good idea, but I can't join at the moment.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I think it would be a bad idea.

• I'm not that interested, sorry.

• Total voters

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
Years
  • logo-startrek-50_884x381.png

STAR TREK

Celebrating the 50th Anniversay of Star Trek
    I recently went to Star Trek 50 Destination Europe. I think it would be cool to have a Roleplay based in the Universe of Star Trek. I do like Star Trek but I'm not a hardcore Trekkie that can quote every episode and speaks Klingon. For those unfamiliar, Star Trek is set in an optimistic Future where Earth has united, not only within itself but also other planets with sentient aliens on them, such as Vulcans, creating the United Federation of Planets. The general jist is that you have crew on a space ship doing x or y, dealing with problems or tasks.

Before I start making it there's a couple things to ask here.
    What era would you like to do? (The Original Series?/The Movies? The Next Generation? Deep Space Nine? Voyager? Enterprise (2001)?)
    Would you like it action packed like the movies or more like the Series?
    Would you like to start off in the action (that precedes the main plot) or simply skip to the start of the main plot?
    I have plans for things involving the mirror universe. (An alternate universe where instead of being united under peace, the Terran Empire has conquered Earth and other species) Is that what you want?
    How do you want the command structure to be like? I was thinking of doing a first come first serve on posistions on the bridge, and my character would be the Captain, this would make all the roleplayers the same rank, or lower by choice. In true star trek fashion, being a commanding officer doesn't stop you from constantly leaving the ship.
    Feedback on the CSS?

EMPTY BLOCK

Years
  • I'm a casual fan myself, mostly of TOS and its movies, and the reboot movies. I used to watch reruns with my mother. I would be up for a five-year mission exploring space, which could have both action scenes and character based interaction posts.

The idea of the mirror universe is intriguing. Whether it's the main focus, a single arc, or a recurring element, interacting with an opposite alignment version of myself would be a new experience.

And the CSS is nice. It's appropriately spacey and I like the logo.

Years
  • Great idea, I really like it. I've always been interested in the universe but cant bring myself to watch hundreds of hours of shows and movies to get caught up, so putting it in a sort of alternate universe will definitely help not offend hard core Trekkies.

It sounds fun and could definitely be interesting so long as you can put an intriguing plot together.

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • To clarify, it will be an AU so we're not bound by accuracy, but there will be an element of the Mirror Universe (opposite alignments) and the two universes interacting.
    I was planning on having an action orientated main plot without thinking it. What each percentage do you want exploration vs action. the MU was going to be a a big thing but it can be smaller if you want it.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Ooh could we pls do it Voyager style where we make a fun cast of characters, maybe 2 each at least, and then play out various scenarios and drama on-board and on planets as we try to find our way home? (:

Back