• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Star Wars Episode VII announced for 2015

Iqid Loopz

This sentence is a lie.
Years
What do you mean buy back their Marvel characters? They own Marvel and the characters.

They can't make a Spider-Man film because of Sony's contract (which is essentially... if you don't use it, you lose it. That's why we got a sudden Spidey reboot instead of dwelling on how to continue or rescue the old series). But it is Disney's. They have a cartoon show for instance.

They can't use Marvel in theme park attractions east of the Mississippi for a while as that's Universal's domain. But they can sell merchandise. No problem there. Once Universal's time is up, they can use it at Walt Disney World. Just... legalities. They are free to use it at Disneyland, they just... haven't yet.

Of those you mentioned... Dream Works. Some wheels are already in motion, although incredibly slowly.

I'd like to see a partnership between Nintendo and Disney though

I miss explained it, my bad. I meant. Buy back the movies rights from Fox (Fantastic Four, X-men/Wolverine [which is in a very very long time to even happen, due to the movies in production and releases] Dare Devil, Silver Surfer) and Sony (Spider-man) if they but the rights back. Disney/Marvel will have more freedom.

And in other cases. A 2015 release? Dear God! Avengers 2, (maybe) Justice League Movie and Star Wars Episode 7. If there all released during the summer, well damn. Battle for the box office. Which is interesting.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
They can't possibly ruin the series any more than the prequel trilogy did, so I say go for it. The fact that Lucas isn't involved will only go to the film's credit, clearly in the intervening 16 years between Episode VI and Episode I he lost everything it was that made him a decent director/writer/whatever he is.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
And in other cases. A 2015 release? Dear God! Avengers 2, (maybe) Justice League Movie and Star Wars Episode 7. If there all released during the summer, well damn. Battle for the box office. Which is interesting.
I do find it a little strange that Disney would compete against itself. Avengers 2 and Star Wars VII

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
Interesting but what exactly would this particular movie showcase in the series is what I'm wondering, only options I see for it plot wise would have to be either based off the books such as those detailing the actions of Imperial Admiral Thrawn shortly after the Battle Of Endor or something along the lines of a prequel dating back to the days of The Old Republic during either Darth Revan or Darth Bane's era or maybe even that of the comic series such as Legacy if they were feeling ballsy at all, regardless I'm just hoping it isn't another goddamned animated piece of drek like that Clone Wars movie featuring Anakin's apprentice a few years back.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I was reading a thing on TV.com speculating who would be cast as the new Luke, Leia and Hans (even though it's completely different and likely won't feature them at all) and I got really excited by some of the potential...

Nathan Fillion as Han Solo? Jennifer Lawrence as Leia? Dat sum potential there.

It's almost a shame it won't feature them lol.

Sirfetch’d

I was reading a thing on TV.com speculating who would be cast as the new Luke, Leia and Hans (even though it's completely different and likely won't feature them at all) and I got really excited by some of the potential...

I thinks some of the old cast might make a brief appearance even if it is not part of the main storyline, because most of the main cast is still alive. If they do not include the droids though, no one will watch!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years

Way before all of this even went down, Lucas once said that he would likely recast Luke (and others I'm assuming) in a sequel trilogy due to age and not liking Hamill in the role.

At the same time... Lucas met with Hamill and Fischer this summer about the sequel trilogy.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
All I can say is this is going to be a disaster. At least it isnt until 2015.

Years
  • Seen Apr 4, 2013
Great! Now that you mentioned this whatever they do is going to have a "what could have been" hanging over it.

Hahahaha, tell me about it ;p

I can't wait to see who's directing this. Michael Bay, perhaps?

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
Hahahaha, tell me about it ;p

I can't wait to see who's directing this. Michael Bay, perhaps?
Oh that would be dreadful.

If I were in charge.... I wouldn't go that route anyway. Irvin Kershner (directed Empire Strikes Back) and Richard Marquand (directed Return of the Jedi) weren't really big budget directors until those movies.

Similarly... if we look at popular and well made films of today, David Yates with the later Potter films, Marc Webb with Spider-Man, Sam Mendes with Skyfall... same idea. Give a small director (which Lucas was originally) a budget, and you've got a really well made and entertaining movie.

I want Brad Bird to do one.

Years
For people who over criticize the NOOOO thing for darth vader.
dudes
seriously
put yourself in his shoes.

He basically lost his job, betrayed his friends AND religion, basically went to hell and back, all to keep his true and only love alive. Then he finds out, after all that, that she's gone...yeah....ponder that for a moment.

Okay I agree that they did hang on to that scene for a little too long...but seriously.
It's george lucas logic, it's like trying to argue with miyamotto logic not gonna win that one. :P

/Chugga conroy argument moment over

On the plus side, I'm all for this, think about what Nickelodeon did with The Legend of Korra being a sequel to the original Avatar series. If this star wars thing turns out like that, yeah I'm not complaining one bit. Especially as someone else said, if disney is just financial backers, it should be good.

As long as I don't get an Awesome Super Lightsaber Squad for ages 6+ =_=''
don't know what I'm talking about? Marvel Super Hero Squad Show, it's like Marvel and Dora The Explorer ate captain planet and had kids ._.

I don't mind toning stuff down for the sake of the youngerset...but please consider that at least some of them have an IQ of over 5?

Ven Bloodia

Unmenschsoldat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 1, 2015
It isn't Thrawn. Disney said it isn't based on existing EU material

And suddenly I envision this piece of work going down the same route as that Scooby Doo movie back in the early 2000s, and we all remember how that one turned out...

Hopefully I'm wrong on that one. Anyways,

If it doesn't go back to specific events such as the Yhuuzan Vong War to name one then what I'm wondering is how far is this entry going to go as far as timeline's concerned, basically it boils down to "Is this going to be right after the events of Return or is it gonna be 30 to 40 years after Return?" for me in all honesty.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
And suddenly I envision this piece of work going down the same route as that Scooby Doo movie back in the early 2000s, and we all remember how that one turned out...

Hopefully I'm wrong on that one. Anyways,

If it doesn't go back to specific events such as the Yhuuzan Vong War to name one then what I'm wondering is how far is this entry going to go as far as timeline's concerned, basically it boils down to "Is this going to be right after the events of Return or is it gonna be 30 to 40 years after Return?" for me in all honesty.
Lucas wouldn't use the Expanded Universe either. To quote him:

I don't read that stuff. I haven't read any of the novels. I don't know anything about that world. That's a different world than my world. But I do try to keep it consistent. The way I do it now is they have a Star Wars Encyclopedia. So if I come up with a name or something else, I look it up and see if it has already been used. When I said [other people] could make their own Star Wars stories, we decided that, like Star Trek, we would have two universes: My universe and then this other one. They try to make their universe as consistent with mine as possible, but obviously they get enthusiastic and want to go off in other directions.

and

They have their own kind of world. There's three pillars of Star Wars. I'll probably get in trouble for this but it's OK! There's three pillars: the father, the son and the holy ghost. I'm the father, Howard Roffman [president of Lucas Licensing] is the son and the holy ghost is the fans, this kind of ethereal world of people coming up with all kinds of different ideas and histories. Now these three different pillars don't always match, but the movies and TV shows are all under my control and they are consistent within themselves. Howard tries to be consistent but sometimes he goes off on tangents and it's hard to hold him back. He once said to me that there are two Star Trek universes: there's the TV show and then there's all the spin-offs. He said that these were completely different and didn't have anything to do with each other. So I said, "OK, go ahead." In the early days I told them that they couldn't do anything about how Darth Vader was born, for obvious reasons, but otherwise I pretty much let them do whatever they wanted. They created this whole amazing universe that goes on for millions of years!

and

Part of the job of the director is to sort of keep everything in line, and I can do that in the movies—but I can't do it on the whole Star Wars universe.

So, I would imagine that the new films stick to movie canon and ignore everything else (except for some name-lifting). As they should be as that's how Lucas would have done them (and is doing them? Since he's still involved as a "creative consultant")

For people who over criticize the NOOOO thing for darth vader.
dudes
seriously
put yourself in his shoes.

He basically lost his job, betrayed his friends AND religion, basically went to hell and back, all to keep his true and only love alive. Then he finds out, after all that, that she's gone...yeah....ponder that for a moment.

Okay I agree that they did hang on to that scene for a little too long...but seriously.
It's george lucas logic, it's like trying to argue with miyamotto logic not gonna win that one. :P

/Chugga conroy argument moment over
My beef isn't so much with the Nooooooooooo in Revenge of the Sith. It is what is. Could have been better. Should have been better. But, oh well.

No. The problem is that he added a Noooooooooo to the Blu-ray release of Return of the Jedi at the end in the confrontation between Luke, the Emperor, and Vader. Why not just leave the movie alone?

Last edited:
Years
Having the big bad say NOOOO when they're defeated is a common fad, especially with monster/sorcerer type villains like the emperor. I agree it could've been left out, but it didn't hurt the movie that bad. (just added a voice clip....) I have a feeling they added it just cause they could, and it adds to the moment, unfortunately it also adds to the cornieness of said moment...

I'd be more pissed if they extended Hans convo with Greedo to like a whole ten minute scene in a re release, that would offend me. But adding a no where it seems fitting isn't that bad. Think of it this way, they could've had the camera panning down and following him down the pit as he shouted. Which actually would've made that change a LOT worse.

What I want to know about the ROTS no is what the hell is a coffee brewer machine doing in a surgical room <_< let alone one from a science fictional universe with hyper advanced technology.

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I'm really excited about the new movies... I've been a Star Wars fan for as long as I can remember and I was bummed to hear that Lucas didn't plan on actually releasing the next three. So now that Disney took over and is going to make these, I can't contain my excitement! It's like I'm ten again. n.n

Years
You know, I'm actually excited to see what they've got planned for Episode VII and beyond. I didn't actually watch the prequel trilogy until about 2 or 3 years ago, and I have to be honest, I actually enjoyed them, which was probably because I went in with low expectations about them. I think that if I have the same mindset about the series going forward (don't expect too much), then I think the movies will be enjoyable. And it's not like George Lucas will be completely stepping away from the franchise, as they said he'll be staying on in a creative consultant type role.

Back