• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Star Wars Episode VII announced for 2015

Atomic Pirate

I always win.
Years
This is truly a great loss. Knowing Disney, they will most definitely cast teen pop stars into roles. Also, don't expect any heroes to die. Really, though, my greatest fear is that Disney will tinker with Indiana Jones.

Years
The big NO! is bad because it's overdone. It's hammy. You can't take it seriously. It takes you out of the movie (if you're still in the movie up to that point).

So, I would imagine that the new films stick to movie canon and ignore everything else (except for some name-lifting).
I hope they don't name lift. Star Wars has some really funky bad awkward names.

This is truly a great loss. Knowing Disney, they will most definitely cast teen pop stars into roles. Also, don't expect any heroes to die.
Just like they did with Avengers. Yeah, when they cast Justin Bieber as Captain America I was really disappointed, but he did better than I expected.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I do hope that Mara Jade is introduced into the films, though the chances of that are miniscule. Mara Jade strikes me as a character more ingrained into the Star Wars mythology than any of the other characters to have come out of the EU, so to see her completely ignored will be kind of disappointing. Though, I wonder what's going to become of the EU in general. New EU? Ignore all the inconsistencies and just role with it? A new EU would be pretty interesting.

Here's me completely missing the point of new movie announcements!

EnglishMilkshake

Delapitated Account
Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2013
As if that is ever gonna happen. I highly doubt they would do that without George Lucas's permission.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
I hope they don't name lift. Star Wars has some really funky bad awkward names.
Coruscant was a name lift from the Thrawn novels. Even if the idea of an Imperial Centre city-wide planet was conceptualized by Lucas very early on (under a different name).

That was one of those instances where he tried to keep things consistent

Years
Coruscant was a name lift from the Thrawn novels. Even if the idea of an Imperial Centre city-wide planet was conceptualized by Lucas very early on (under a different name).

That was one of those instances where he tried to keep things consistent
That's not so bad. I'm perfectly fine with cherry picking the good things. (Mara Jade is a pretty good example of a character whose everything wouldn't be too out of place if it were upgraded to movie status.) I just don't want to see names like Yhuuzan Vong or whatever.

Valvatorez

Prinny Instructor
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 19, 2013
I'm not overly concerned by this. After all, Disney did a better job with the Power Rangers franchise when they had it than Saban - the original owner - is doing now, and I'd like to think that they can handle one of my childhood favourites so well means that they can treat the Star Wars franchise with care. I'm content to wait and see what happens; I'm actually interested to see how they'll deal with the EU novels: are they going to establish a new canon, or try and make a film that doesn't interfere with it, I wonder?

Whatever they do, it can't possibly be as a bad as the prequel films.

Years

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I just don't know if it will be a good idea. Most of the time when coming countinues after it is suppose to end,it isn't any good. Though I loved the 1-3 episodes mainly the 3rd. I just don't know how it will work out with no threats left,that I know of. I would love them to make movies in the time period of Star Wars The Old Republic MMO. They said it was suppose to follow Luje again. I mean what is he gonan do now?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
40-something pages sounds kinda short for a movie script to me.
A treatment, which is what this is, is more of an outline of scenes and plot and character arcs, as opposed to a fully fledged script with all the dialogue and stage directions and whatnot.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
The article says they're already looking at directors. My god, I hope they don't give this movie to Spielberg. Abrams I suppose wouldn't be bad if it came down to that. Bird I would actually kinda like to see direct something like a Star Wars movie.

With all the light sabers, I foresee Star Wars Episode VII: Attack of the Lens Flare, if Abrams gets it. And that would be a very obnoxious thing.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
Years
The article says they're already looking at directors. My god, I hope they don't give this movie to Spielberg. Abrams I suppose wouldn't be bad if it came down to that. Bird I would actually kinda like to see direct something like a Star Wars movie.
Current-day Spielberg, I don't know. 80's/early-90s Spielberg, sure. Pretty sure he AD'ed (uncredited) on Return of the Jedi. Regardless, I don't see it happening. He and Disney haven't had a good working relationship in a long while (also why Roger Rabbit two never happened). At the time...Kennedy is his producer, so hey, who knows what'll happen.

Abrams, nah. Him doing both Star Trek and Star Wars seems... unbelievable.

Bird would be great though

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
This will of course never happen since he's insanely busy lately on other Disney projects, but when the news first broke there was a huge outcry of people wanting Joss Whedon to do it lol.

Years
I heard about this a week or two ago and was completely caught off guard ;p

I have no idea where Disney will go with this franchise, I sure hope they don't screw star wars. I hated the animated series they came out with, and I have a feeling that is the direction Disney might go with Star Wars :\

But other than that, all I can say is...THEY BETTER BE BASED OF THE NOVELS FFS

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Just because Disney is crap right now, doesn't mean we should bash them for a movie they didn't even start working on yet.
Prince Of Persia was made by Disney and the movie wasn't bad as everyone would think it would be.
And the respective actors of Luke, Princess Leia and Han Solo from the original trilogy will be in the 2015 Star Wars movie. Since it will be taking place in the future.
So I'll give Disney a chance with this, and just hope they'll do good with the upcoming movie. I'll only start criticizing the movie when I actually see it :)

Years
Speaking of directors, imagine if Don bleuth (Rockadoodle if anyone remembers it) directed it ._.

dear lord....

Poor walt must be swearing in his grave right now.
I can imagine the next board meeting.

Imaginere 1: Okay we need more **** to **** on
Director: POKEMANS!
Imaginere: o.o that is the greatest idea since underwear. *gets shot*
Miyamotto: Nobody touches my money horse *blows smoke off gun*

<_<
In all seriousness, as long as disney doesn't get too crappy with it. I just hope the movie tanks at least to some extent.

Back