• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
Years
  • Is anyone else anticipating this game as much as I am? Although IGN may not have given it the best review, they did use up around 1/4 of their review saying how awesome using the Force is in this game. No matter how much anyone bad mouths this game, I'm getting it, not only because I think it will be great but I hear it's a great fill in for the events that happened between Episodes III and IV.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • That's all I've really been interested in. The storyline. It's such a good idea, they should've made a movie of it, instead of the Clone Wars thing they wasted time on. XD I heard that movie was a flop.

But yeah, I've been interested in the game for some time, but never really wanted to try it. It's something I wouldn't mind playing, but I'd rather try Mercenaries II or Viva Pinata: Trouble in Paradise (Ha ha. Yes. Viva Pinata). But yeah, after the reviews I've seen, I might pass on the game or make it a strightly "RENTAL ONLY" game.

Years
  • I'm looking forward to playing it, from what I seen it looks pretty sweet. We'll see though once I've play it, it could be a complete flop.

Unfortunately I don't have a gaming console right now, only a PC, so I'll need to buy one (PS3) to play it and a couple other games.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Don't buy a PS3... buy a 360. XD

I was thinking about getting this game on both the PS3 and Wii... but after seeing some of the reviews, I think I'll just save my money for other things (like a second 360 XD). I Mean sure it might be fun for a short while... but..... yea.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
  • Played the demo on 360, and I changed my mind on buying it :/
    Eh, I'll just catch up on the story by reading spoilers.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Well, I just got my copy and am about to start playing. I'll be sure to give my opinion so far later.

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I was definitely going to get this seeing as I loved the older SW games, but, like said above, the reviews aren't the best; so I'll pass.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Well, I'm on the first mission and my comments so far: The Force is truly the most awesome power of all gaming. That just has to be said. Unfortunately, the targeting system to use it is a bit hectic and can get frustrating when you're about to die. Secondly, I don't know why IGN said the graphics weren't too great, because from what I can tell, this thing is just as realistic as Mass Effect.

Master Jecht

Hmmm..
    Years
  • I just went with my friend and he got it today. The targeting is a little iffy but you get used to it. The force powers are amazing. Its so fun to toss people everywhere with the force and see there bodies bounce around like rag dolls. :rambo:

burningfoot

Prepare Yourself!
    Years
  • I've not read any reviews because I don't want to have any doubts about it. I've just got a call from the guy from Gamestation saying they've got my pre-ordered copy ready for me tomorrow. Going down there straight away to get it.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Okay, now that I've gotten pretty much used to the odd targeting system (it turns out if you're close enough, you can lock-on O_o), I have to say I'm having A LOT of fun playing this game. While fighting regular enemies is as easy as Force Gripping them and tossing them off a ledge, the boss battle require a lot of strategy (I guarantee the first boss after the prologue will drive you crazy). I'm not too sure about the length or the replay value as I have yet to beat the game, but at the moment, I'm so into SW:TFU I have stopped playing Tales of Vesperia.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    I downloaded the demo on PSN, it played like a 3 legged cat in a minefield.

Also, the chap buying the PS3, good on you, you're making the right choice.

Years
  • I purchased the Wii version of The Force Unleashed this afternoon. So far, I have made it past the game's first two levels. Overall, I am really liking The Force Unleashed so far. It is one of the best games I have played in awhile. Using the Wii-mote as a Light Saber is fun. I also love being able to utilize so many different Force powers. They are all awesome, especially Force Lightening.

Gummy said:
    While fighting regular enemies is as easy as Force Gripping them and tossing them off a ledge, the boss battle require a lot of strategy (I guarantee the first boss after the prologue will drive you crazy).
    You really found that boss hard? I thought it was easy. Now, Kota on the other hand was somewhat difficult.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Years
  • I defeated the game this afternoon. I chose to fight The Emperor. He was one tough SOB.

Overall, I liked the game's ending.
    Spoiler:

I greatly enjoyed the game. Though short, it has a good storyline, excellent game play, and great upgrades. My only complaint is that Starkiller is a rather under developed character. Sure, he changes over the course of the game, but the game reveals very little about his actual personality. I feel like a barely know him. It is a shame, too. I thought he was awesome in Soul Calibur IV. In Soul Calibur IV, he actually does have a personality and is likable.

I give this game an 8/10. I would have given it a higher score if Starkiller was not such a weak character.

Last edited:
    Back