• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Starter in Platinum?

Who will be your starter pokemon in Platinum?

• Total voters

Barker

I'm drifting in deep waters..
    Years
    If I happen to pick up Platinum, I'll choose Chimchar, for sure. I'd forgotten about the fire-type deficiency when I started my game on Diamond way back in September.

BHwolfgang

kamikorosu
    Years
    I would have to say Chimchar, but this could be my favoritism towards fire starters, except Mudkip; Mudkipz rule (lol).

Anyways, I also prefer Chimchar only because of it's later evolutions. Also, I always think having a Fire Pokémon who is fire/fighting would be good against my war against Ice Pokémon. (My friends (13 of them) are ice trainers)

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I chose Turtwig on my Diamond, but I'm leaning towards Chimchar for Platinum. Not sure yet, though. I'm not really fond of any of the three, but those two are more likable IMO. I almost never use fighting types, so it might be interesting to have Infernape for a change of pace, plus I have access to just about any Pokemon I want from my Diamond. :3

ISa56

-Soul Silver? HECK YES!
    Years
    I'll start out with a Chimchar. I really wish there were better starters. Ah well, I guess I'll just trade my Bulbasaur over.

Andelc

Cool Trainer Alex
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2011
    Turtwig, same as Diamond.

I like piplup, but I like turtwig as my starter

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    Seeing as how I picked Turtwig in Diamond, and Chimchar in Pearl, I guess I'll go with... Chimchar. And I'll reset my Diamond, and trade over Turtwig, and then repeat and send over Piplup. Three starters, three elements, right off the bat. I'll also send over my Pichu that knows Volt Tackle.

SoniaXBerserk

Đemise..can't live without it!
    Years
    Me and Piplup will hang ten since well, I never chose him/her as a starter...1st Diamond Turtwig, and my 2nd Diamond was Chimchar....so lets go Pippy!

Crystal-Heart

~Black & White~
    Years
    I'm gonna choose Piplup, just like I did in Pearl, as my avi shows. I dunno why, but I like Piplup, usually I choose a Fire Type, for the lack of an Electric Type, but I don't really like Chimchar, and Turtwig's cute, but I prefer Piplup over all. I may not have this one evolve though, unlike I did with my Empoleon in Pearl. Just like my Quilava in Silver, I prefer Piplup to its evolved forms.

ckret2

usually pronounced "secret 2"
    Years
    I used Chimchar in Pearl, so I'm going with Piplup in Platinum. Plus, I'm going to try for a Steel monotype, so Empoleon will be quite useful. :D

Romeo_Delight.exe

ロミオの歓喜!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Jun 9, 2016
    Eh, who knows.
    I think I'll start off with any starter, then transfer all of my shiny starters over to my Platinum.

demonic89

Dark master
    Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2010
    I always start with chimcar how ever I will have all of the starting pokemon

HaZard2k8

I Leik Mudkipz! =D
    Years
    Maybe Turtwig. My first time playing through Pearl I used Piplup and hated it, second time used Chimchar and loved it but don't feel like using Chimchar again.

ryanycg

I have a kakuna staring at me
    Years
    Chimchar for me
    besides a monkey the can fight,do what you say
    and it is one of my fav type Fire and fighting

Back