• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starter Pokémon Fanclub

Favourite Starters?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Speaking of Tepig, I wonder if Enbuoh will be any useful in competitive battle. I know this was discussed everywhere when the stats were leaked, but I forgot. xD

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Well, I don't know Emboar's stats, but he's gonna need something that Blaziken and Infernape don't have if he wants to be used.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    I'll be the first to admit I play the game for fun and know nothing about competitive battle, but I won't be choosing Tepig because it's evolutions are hideous. Yeah, I'm still going on about looks. xD If I was doing competitive stuff my outlook would probably be different though.

I'm glad Torchic got a fellow "T" fire starter though, haha. Torchic is pretty cute. Hmm... if Tepigs name started with a C? Charboar? That's pretty much stealing from Charmander though. I have no clue. xD

tkallab

Years
  • Maybe something with coals? Like 'Coalpig'... How about Coalog? You still kind of pronounce the 'h' in that.
    I don't really like Enbuoh either, but he's not awful either. I guess I just don't like him being that fat. But he's the strongest and bulkiest of all the starter Pokémon, so he's not useless, despite how fat he looks. His speed is the lowest of all Fire Starters, though. I guess we now know what makes him different than Infernape and Blaziken.

And I just noticed, am I accepted or what? I'm not on the members list yet. Being ignored makes me a sad panda...

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Maybe something with coals? Like 'Coalpig'... How about Coalog? You still kind of pronounce the 'h' in that.
    I don't really like Enbuoh either, but he's not awful either. I guess I just don't like him being that fat. But he's the strongest and bulkiest of all the starter Pokémon, so he's not useless, despite how fat he looks. His speed is the lowest of all Fire Starters, though. I guess we now know what makes him different than Infernape and Blaziken.

And I just noticed, am I accepted or what? I'm not on the members list yet. Being ignored makes me a sad panda...
    It's like a worse version of Infernape. (imo) With higher attack and HP, but worse defenses, Sp.Atk (a little) and Speed. ;\

The owner is probably busy. Just give her time \o/

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023

Oooh I'm sorry. D: I thought you were already a member, haha. Thanks for reminding me. :x

Coalpig is kinda strange. XD For some reason, I can't imagine Tepig as a C, like, at all. Chimchar and Charmander... are kinda similar, though. Maybe Cynda could be reused! Boarynda.

... Wow that sounds worse. XD;

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • How about Chapork?
    Sorry, for that lousy food joke...
    I'm OK with it's name, although I already got used to their Japanese names, so those sound a lot better to me! Pokabu actually suits it!

BlueHighwind

EEEEEEVEEEEEE
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    I would like to join.
    Name:BlueHighwind
    Favorite Starter:I can't pick! Mudkip or Piplup or Cyndaquil or Bulbasaur!?!?Reason:The starters are pretty rad, I mean, who here had ever thought a fire chicken or a fire porcupine?
    Least favorite starters:Chimchar and Tepig. Do we REALLY need more Fire/Fighting pokemon? Plus it would make tons of people sad that they have to give up on their fire/fighting and go to GRASS AND WATER.....MWAHAHA!!!!

Maybe it would be called Choink?

Char+Oink?

I don't know.

Last edited:

tkallab

Years
  • Nah, Choink sounds too much like Spoink.
    A pork reference in his name would have been awesome, haha! Porkoal would have been awesome if we didn't already have Torkoal...

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I would like to join.
    Name:BlueHighwind
    Favorite Starter:I can't pick! Mudkip or Piplup or Cyndaquil or Bulbasaur!?!?Reason:The starters are pretty rad, I mean, who here had ever thought a fire chicken or a fire porcupine?
    Least favorite starters:Chimchar and Tepig. Do we REALLY need more Fire/Fighting pokemon?

Maybe it would be called Choink?

Char+Oink?

I don't know.

Added!~
    Choink sounds like it's missing something. XD; Chaoink? ...no wait Choink sounds better. XD

How about Chapork?
    Sorry, for that lousy food joke...
    I'm OK with it's name, although I already got used to their Japanese names, so those sound a lot better to me! Pokabu actually suits it!

Chapork sounds like you're calling Tepig a chap or something, haha. Charpork! ...sounds nice. :3 And yeah Pokabu sounds it, but oh well, it had to change!

Nah, Choink sounds too much like Spoink.
    A pork reference in his name would have been awesome, haha! Porkoal would have been awesome if we didn't already have Torkoal...

Well, one of its names is Floink in another language, so. D; Theoretically, it could work. Sorta. XD;

BlueHighwind

EEEEEEVEEEEEE
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2012
    Chork maybe?

Char+Pork.

Wait.......sounds like dork.

Well.....Tepig is a dork, so it makes sense.

Shadow Ball

I <3 ghosties the mosties! :P
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Pignite! haha, I love that... now I'm wishing Tepig's line was named after dynamite instead. "The explosive pig pokemon". xD haha ~

Mudkip got some votes! 8D Nobody likes Torchic it seems though. xD;

I'm sick of the fire/fighting thing too... what I would really enjoy is a fire/dark starter one day. Or fire/ghost. :3 They need to try something way different.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Pignite! haha, I love that... now I'm wishing Tepig's line was named after dynamite instead. "The explosive pig pokemon". xD haha ~

Mudkip got some votes! 8D Nobody likes Torchic it seems though. xD;

I'm sick of the fire/fighting thing too... what I would really enjoy is a fire/dark starter one day. Or fire/ghost. :3 They need to try something way different.
    I actually like Torchic. One of my favorite starters. xD I'd vote for him if Treecko wasn't there. x3 And its evos are cool. :D

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
    Years
  • Torchic is one of the best Pokémon out there!
    It's so cute, and Blaziken is just FTW! It's the best Fire/Fighting starter of them all!
    200px-TorchicGinji.jpg

So cute!
    1a936d6772d381a834b9e449d9472cd7.wix_mp

Kinda funny IMO! But cool nevertheless!
    blaziken.jpg

Pure essence of epicness!

tkallab

Years
  • Yes. The first and best Fire / Fighting starter Pokémon. Of course, Blastoise is the real fire fighter. Ex Dee.

Torchic is definitely my second fave Fire starter, only surpassed by the always awesome Charmander.

tkallab

Years
  • Yeah, I think Torchic is kind of left out of conversation because he's neither the best nor controversial... And let's not forget he's from Hoenn, considered the worst region by many Pokémon 'fans'.

Back