• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starting New Game Error

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Hello everybody, I'm Alfio and I'm new in the forum and in this whole editing roms thing. I came up with the idea of doing my hack based on Ash's journey in the region of Hoenn. Here a some pics of what I've done so far:
    Spoiler:

And here's the problem: I had started my project with the grass tileset of Pokemon Essentials, and then I found some that I liked more than those, so I replaced them and started all over again. The thing is that when my character is walking through the grass, wild pokemon do not appear(I've already established which ones and in what level and that), and I don't know what to do for making this happen. I hope you can give me a hand with this. Thank you all! Sorry for my english.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    I hadn't assinged the terrain tags, thank you buddies! But now I have found another problem, when my character is walking through some tiles it looks like this:
    589a4f.png

And in some other as in this road, it looks like this:
    f970f4.png

How do I fix it? I'm sure it's something easy to make, but I have started with this just yesterday, I hope I don't bother you with all this newbie questions

Allgamesdude

The Creator of the WIP game, Pokémon Cosmic. Looki
    Years
  • Check your priorities of tiles. I wanted that to happen with the tiles in my game for buildings only, because I'm using BW Style Characters in an HGSS style Map.

Pokégod

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Thank you so much! Now I can proceed doing the rest of the map!

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
    Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    You really should learn how to use RPG Maker XP first, before trying to make a Pokémon game. Essentials adds on to the skills required to use RMXP, so if you don't know the basics, you're going to have a harder time. I'm sure you want instant results, but it's very much worth investing time in learning everything first.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Thanks Maruno, I've taken your advice and leanrt some more basic stuff. I have advanced a little in my story, but now I came up with another doubt: I don't know what should I do to make that my Pikachu appear out of his pokeball, like in this case:
    4MRlC4.png

And then, when that event finish, I want he come back. Could anyone explain me how to do this? Thanks

Years
  • Thanks Maruno, I've taken your advice and leanrt some more basic stuff. I have advanced a little in my story, but now I came up with another doubt: I don't know what should I do to make that my Pikachu appear out of his pokeball, like in this case:
    4MRlC4.png

And then, when that event finish, I want he come back. Could anyone explain me how to do this? Thanks

You'll have to set up the animation for it. I don't think there is a default one. So you'll have to make it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 18, 2017
    Use switches and event conditions. If a switch is on, the event will display a graphic (Pikachu). If it is off, it is invisible.

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2017
    Nevermind, I solved it by myself.Thanks

Last edited:
    Years
  • Nevermind, I solved it by myself.Thanks

You should leave questions there instead of removing them, and add the solution in an edit. That way, if someone else has the same problem and can't solve it they might find your post and be able to.

Back