• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stop getting Metapod wrong

Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    I never really thought it was sad or angry.. I just thought it was a metapod.. o.o

And as a lot of people did, I also thought the back was the front and vice versa.. But, now I see it the right way as it's supposed to be seen.

Ayselipera

I don't see an angry or sad look. I see more of a half asleep look. Almost like it's dazed off or relaxed.

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    For a long time I used to think it had an angry, and even now I prefer that, but last year or the year before I found out it was actually the other way. lol

Can't help but see it as the former.

TheRichar

Check my Thread :3
    Years
  • i never realized that i was looking him the other way! lol but i still prefer the angry face

Last edited:

→goon

pokémon auburn version←
    Years
  • I've always seen him as the "sad way." Although I never thought he looked sad. I always figured that being a Metapod was pretty boring so he was just bored. It took me awhile to figure out the "angry way." I've never even thought of looking at him that way.

Halcyon

peace and serenity
    Years
  • It is just a cute and innocent Metapod that wants a hug! :D
    Awww. *hugs Metapod*

It doesn't like the fact that all of the Metapod sprites in-game looks bored and half-dead.

lucariojon

{Ruff Rabbit}
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Mar 8, 2024
    it's rather obvious its sad because it only use harden 30 times!!! (only a true pokemon fan knows tht XD

Inpu

Rocket Lieutenant
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2010
    I capture extra in case I ever need a doorstop.

Eurydice

`~♥Eury♥~'
    Years
  • It looked bored, if anything.

It still doesn't change the fact that it will be named penis and taught harden/string shot.
    wow...just...wow *shakes head*

anyway i always thought it looked sad. i though kakuna looked mad but not metapod

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
  • I still choose to see him the other way. It's like he's saying, "Make one more joke about my big nose and I will ****in' tackle you in the kidneys!!"

If only he could tackle... Poor little thing usually can only use harden :(

No wonder hes so sad

CrazyCubone

isn't very crazy.
    Years
  • Hang on, what do you mean getting it wrong? Metapod is angry! Look at this picture and tell me he's not angry.

metapod.gif

Last edited:
    Years
  • I personally think he looks devoid of all emotion... Either that or somewhat depressed :P

But in a more general sense, "sad" would suit it.

Ben.

Orange I s l a n d s~
    Years
  • mhm.
    Spoiler:

Nope, I'll always see him in a mad way.

Last edited:

Left4Dead

Are you mental in the face?
    Years
  • It looked bored, if anything.

It still doesn't change the fact that it will be named penis and taught harden/string shot.

Aw my god, that's one of the funniest things I've read all day lmao
    I always just seen his angry face even though I knew it was meant to be a sad face.

Back