• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Strange lag caused by certain Pokémon IDs.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023
    A strange lag caused by Steelixs occurred in my game during the battle, when starting and ending during his faint.
    But the problem is not Steelix itself, as I used the same Steelix with the same graphics and the same internal ID in another ID outside the 208 which is the default, and the battle didn't suffer any LAG. And there's nothing in the script that counts Steelix on something during the faint which is where the LAG occurs.

To confirm the problem, I noticed that the same lag occurs with some Pokemons, like Primarina and others.

What would affect these Pokemons because of this lag?

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Can you maybe record that issue?
    I'm afraid I don't understand at all what you mean.

Use OBS, you can record what's happening on your game; you don't need to broadcast it on Twitch lol.
    Record the issue and post it on Youtube, and link the video here. (Note: you don't need to make the video public, but make it so that anyone with the link can see your video)

Lag in general comes from some scripts running between two frames. If you see the lag it's because something is taking too long to compute between two frames. I'll be able to guide you more if I see the issue.

Also: which version of Essentials? Do you use other scripts/plugins?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023

Use OBS, you can record what's happening on your game; you don't need to broadcast it on Twitch lol.
    Record the issue and post it on Youtube, and link the video here. (Note: you don't need to make the video public, but make it so that anyone with the link can see your video)

Lag in general comes from some scripts running between two frames. If you see the lag it's because something is taking too long to compute between two frames. I'll be able to guide you more if I see the issue.

Your suspicion is right, I saw that older save files with a lot more data have this lag, while newer ones don't, I suspect it's Marin's Poketch, but I soon release confirmation, only he is suspicious to me.

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2023

After a long time of testing and learning, I found that the cause was the version of mkxp that I copied from another game ported to v18.1, I was not aware of how to make mkxp compatible, so I did that.

But it cost because that weird lag, that's just about it. Now my mission is to figure out how to port this to v18.1, more optimized.

Back