• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Strangest food name!

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
    "Why do they call it ratatouille? It doesn't sound delicious. Sounds more like rat and patootie. Rat patootie!"
    And yes, the man was drunk at the time.

Chutney and couscous sound funny to me. I'd also like to take this opportunity to have a childish giggle at the previous poster's selected foods.
    Or they were quoting the film, Ratatouille.

Not a specific food, but Offal is an interesting food term. Refers to all the stuff we tend to ignore in North America. Internal organs and other things we don't eat. I'm sure to lot of people, the thought of eating such things would be awful - so the name offal to describe something awful amuses me XD

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Not a specific food, but Offal is an interesting food term. Refers to all the stuff we tend to ignore in North America. Internal organs and other things we don't eat. I'm sure to lot of people, the thought of eating such things would be awful - so the name offal to describe something awful amuses me XD

We eat kidney, liver, and brain all of the time in North America D:

Now, eating a bladder would be a bit Offal >_>

blaze_the_cat

Entire team is babies!
    Years
    I wont say it here, dont know about rules and such.

But Google Image search "Mr Brain's" and there should be an orange box with a green banner. Thats it.

Rokusasu

Scientist Salarian
    Years
    I wont say it here, dont know about rules and such.

But Google Image search "Mr Brain's" and there should be an orange box with a green banner. Thats it.

Yeahhhh, my parents like those. For those who are still confused, think of an American derogatory term for a homosexual (beginning with F).

Us Brits have a few strange names for foods. There's spotted dick, toad in the hole, Welsh rarebit, bubble and squeak, shepherd's pie, cottage pie amongst many.

Back